The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t imagine getting in a car and not putting on a seat belt. It’s automatic to immediately reach for it

Reactions: 16
In 1991 it became the law to wear a seatbelt in the back of a car in the UK.

In France...1979.

Reactions: 3
Diana died because she did not wear a seat belt.
I will never understand that, it is instinctive to me to put a seat belt on.
The only survivor in the car was wearing one.
The Paget report state none of them were wearing a seatbelt. It’s a myth that has been spread around for nearly 2 decades.

Reactions: 5
The Paget report state none of them were wearing a seatbelt. It’s a myth that has been spread around for nearly 2 decades.
We'll never know. Reece Jones was pictured not wearing a seatbelt when he left the Ritz but was photographed wearing one just prior to the crash apparently. He can't remember .

We'll never know. Reece Jones was pictured not wearing a seatbelt when he left the Ritz but was photographed wearing one just prior to the crash apparently. He can't remember .
I’ve looked at the photos and I can’t see any of him wearing a seatbelt. I’m honestly not sure where this idea came from because the investigations showed that none were used at the time of the crash.
IMG_4018.jpeg

Reactions: 2
It was certainly reported at the time that Trevor Rees-Jones had said that he had put his seatbelt on just before the crash as he was concerned about the driving. I do remember that.

I’ve looked at the photos and I can’t see any of him wearing a seatbelt. I’m honestly not sure where this idea came from because the investigations showed that none were used at the time of the crash.
View attachment 2590299
Fair enough. I would expect there must have been evidence to suggest the seatbelt was in operation or not. The emergency services would probably cut the belt to release him rather than release it normally. Surely someone who treated him at the scene would have known. Reece Jones also said that it was the air bag that probably saved him.

He is not a good witness as he was so messed up and changes his story.

Regardless, it would be the consensus that Diana would not have died if she had been wearing a seatbelt. It would still have been an awful accident but not fatal.
---

Does this family have no shame? They are so greedy.

Norman Baker is no fan of TRF. He is a republican.

TRF have already responded.

Last edited:
I thought all of the Bona Vacantia where ever in the UK went to the crown.
Not if it's within Duchy of Lancaster or Cornwall ( and probably others, I'm really not clued up on it) but monies are held incase claims are made against the estates. Money is also taken for administration and the rest is given to charity. What seems to be the issue is money is also used for repair of historic buildings within the Duchy's. (Where's @TYL159 when we need them?)

Norman Baker is no fan of TRF. He is a republican.
I know, he wrote a great book called ‘And What Do You Do’.
---
it would be the consensus that Diana would not have died if she had been wearing a seatbelt. It would still have been an awful accident but not fatal.
Yes, from what I’ve read Diana would have survived, not sure about Dodi or Henri as they were killed instantly. One of the people who worked on Operation Paget says so in regards to Diana:
Forensic Collision Investigator Tony Read was one of the experts drafted in to the Met’s Operation Paget team to investigate the conspiracy theories…“I’m firmly convinced that if both of the occupants had been wearing seatbelts they almost certainly would have survived - I have almost no doubt in my mind," he says…"Because they weren’t wearing their seatbelts when the car hit the pillar at around 65 miles an hour, they were propelled forwards at 65 miles an hour and hit the rear of the front seats at 65 miles an hour.

Last edited:
It must be difficult for William and Harry because you don’t want to blame your mum, but the thought must have gone through their head once of wishing she’d worn a seat belt, or thinking she was stupid for not putting it on. She had 2 kids and got in a car with a drunk driver without wearing a seat belt, it’d be difficult to push away the feelings she was being stupid and selfish. It’s one of those stories where you just think god what a waste of a life from such a reckless decision.

Reactions: 14
It must be difficult for William and Harry because you don’t want to blame your mum, but the thought must have gone through their head once of wishing she’d worn a seat belt, or thinking she was stupid for not putting it on. She had 2 kids and got in a car with a drunk driver without wearing a seat belt, it’d be difficult to push away the feelings she was being stupid and selfish. It’s one of those stories where you just think god what a waste of a life from such a reckless decision.
The description someone had of her crouching in the well of the car made me understand some of William’s anger against panorama interview so much more clearly. If she hadn’t been tricked, she might have had decent security and they wouldn’t have let her get to that situation. I think the anger at her death and the causes are so much wider than just one panicked unwise decision.

Reactions: 8
I always felt the Dodi romance was a like a holiday romance. Not destined to go anywhere but sweet while it lasted.

Reactions: 16
The description someone had of her crouching in the well of the car made me understand some of William’s anger against panorama interview so much more clearly. If she hadn’t been tricked, she might have had decent security and they wouldn’t have let her get to that situation. I think the anger at her death and the causes are so much wider than just one panicked unwise decision.
I appreciate that, but I don’t think an adult, especially one with 2 kids, should need security to tell them to not do the things she did. She made two bad decisions that cost her her life.

that's why i'm shocked that there's several photos of Harry and even Archie riding in the car with no seatbelt.

Reactions: 5
I am pretty sure both men have conflicting feelings around their mum. There is very probably a lot of anger around the fact that she didn’t do everything a rational person would do to stay safe. That’s fine. Just like hating the tabloid hyenas or the press in general as they were an active part in the situation. William has taken years to find a working relationship with them. In the beginning of their marriage till Louis’ birth, they were constantly fighting on how much access and in what way they were willing to give. It was ugly but they battled through it. Ever since they found a working system, they seem much more at ease and we see their family more than ever.
A big reason seems to be Kate and her family. They gave Wiliam a save heaven. Kate seems steely enough and not over sensitive but rather calm and collected. No idea how you could deal with this kind of life otherwise. HMTQ and Charles should be very thankful because from a dynastic perspective it would be bad to have the heir drifting off in an unhealthy direction as we see with H at the moment.
I really hope H gets to find a better way to handle is grief. It won’t go away, but you can learn to live with it in a healthier way.

Reactions: 13
I am pretty sure both men have conflicting feelings around their mum. There is very probably a lot of anger around the fact that she didn’t do everything a rational person would do to stay safe. That’s fine. Just like hating the tabloid hyenas or the press in general as they were an active part in the situation. William has taken years to find a working relationship with them. In the beginning of their marriage till Louis’ birth, they were constantly fighting on how much access and in what way they were willing to give. It was ugly but they battled through it. Ever since they found a working system, they seem much more at ease and we see their family more than ever.
A big reason seems to be Kate and her family. They gave Wiliam a save heaven. Kate seems steely enough and not over sensitive but rather calm and collected. No idea how you could deal with this kind of life otherwise. HMTQ and Charles should be very thankful because from a dynastic perspective it would be bad to have the heir drifting off in an unhealthy direction as we see with H at the moment.
I really hope H gets to find a better way to handle is grief. It won’t go away, but you can learn to live with it in a healthier way.
I think to some degree William has accepted that his life as a whole wouldn’t be significantly different in the big stuff had she not died (he’d still be heir with all the rigmarole that brings with it) but Harry still thinks his life would be fundamentally different if she had lived.

from the outside looking in, it seems that William is far more pragmatic and willing to accept things he probably doesn’t really agree or like to keep things on an even keel

Reactions: 6
I think to some degree William has accepted that his life as a whole wouldn’t be significantly different in the big stuff had she not died (he’d still be heir with all the rigmarole that brings with it) but Harry still thinks his life would be fundamentally different if she had lived.

from the outside looking in, it seems that William is far more pragmatic and willing to accept things he probably doesn’t really agree or like to keep things on an even keel
The thing with Harry is that he doesn’t have to “get over” her death (losing your mum is always going to have a big impact on you) but he needs to learn to accept it and subsequently behave like the 39 year old that he is. He uses her death as an excuse to be a crappy person.

Reactions: 10
The thing with Harry is that he doesn’t have to “get over” her death (losing your mum is always going to have a big impact on you) but he needs to learn to accept it and subsequently behave like the 39 year old that he is. He uses her death as an excuse to be a crappy person.
Unfortunately Harry has a “victim mentality” and sadly he has married someone who also appears to have it so all we get are their “woe is me” tales. They don’t seem to realise that they live an extremely privileged life and if they focussed on how fortunate their lives are and the positive aspects rather than all the negatives then they‘d feel so much happier.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.