The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
apparently it was such a big concern that it wa called “the Kate Problem” ie Kate was in London ready to be available whenever William dropped in at short notice to party.

I thought thats why his mates nicknamed her "the mattress"?

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I thought thats why his mates nicknamed her "the mattress"?
Never heard that one.. I think it really only worked out for her as none of the aristocrats William had an interest in wanted to be the future Queen.. He was after one or two they said no.. if they did then she would not be the POW.. she has done a Camilla .. kept her claws tighty in there for eventual success.. Camillia must have been sooo smug on coronation day.

I don't think Camilla even wanted marriage, it was Charles who did. She wasn't too fussed one way or the other. I don't think she was smug on Coronation Day at all, looked rather terrified honestly.

I do remember Kate's smug smirk at 'for richer or for poorer' at the wedding vows.

Reactions: 12
Never heard that one.. I think it really only worked out for her as none of the aristocrats William had an interest in wanted to be the future Queen.. He was after one or two they said no.. if they did then she would not be the POW.. she has done a Camilla .. kept her claws tighty in there for eventual success.. Camillia must have been sooo smug on coronation day.
Not on coronation day she looked frightened if anything. But she did look like the cat who got the cream on her and Charles's wedding day.

Not on coronation day she looked frightened if anything. But she did look like the cat who got the cream on her and Charles's wedding day.
Really? I thought she looked as frightened at the wedding as she did at the Coronation!

Reactions: 4
likewise, I’ve been to dozens of weddings and never once have I known a groom want to go out on the lash the night before, let alone get drunk on his wedding day.
We must run in very different circles but it’s not that uncommon where I’m from for the groom to go out on the lash the night before the wedding.

Reactions: 7
Wasn't she hurting at the Coronation? Read something about a back or foot problem, or one was at the funeral, I don't remember. She has some health issues.

Reactions: 2
We must run in very different circles but it’s not that uncommon where I’m from for the groom to go out on the lash the night before the wedding.
Same! My husband did but he didn't get paralytic because if he did it would have been a quick divorce!

Reactions: 1
Same here.. BIL was pushed down a hill in a shopping trolley with a ball and chain attached.. only to stopped by our local Rozzers’s at the bottom of the hill.. they thought it was funny

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Wasn't she hurting at the Coronation? Read something about a back or foot problem, or one was at the funeral, I don't remember. She has some health issues.
Does she have osteoporosis? I think that might be? At times when she is standing she looks uncomfortable.

Same here.. BIL was pushed down a hill in a shopping trolley with a ball and chain attached.. only to stopped by our local Rozzers’s at the bottom of the hill.. they thought it was funny
Sounds pretty standard to me. As long as a good time was had by all 😂

• Haha
And this issue with looking pretty. I love looking nice and getting a blow dry and going shopping. But I also have interests and opinions. It’s not black and white. There’s a famous French saying “pour vivre heureux, vivons cachés” - to live happily, live hidden. She can’t hide away due to her role in the RF, but she can present herself as she wants and not portray every side of her personality.
Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother is a good example. Right from the beginning she portrayed herself in public as a sweet gentle woman who charmed her in-laws and the public. In private, she was very different. Hitler considered her the most dangerous woman in Britain and she was her diffident and unconfident husband's backbone of steel. Never mind not wearing a tiara to a state dinner in the Republic of France, this was a woman who wore her crown there instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
we must do. All of the grooms I’ve known have been good friends and/or good friends of my partner.

not one ever got drunk the night before, or drunk the morning of to the extent someone claimed they reeked of booze.

a drink or two to ease the nerves, sure.

but reeking of booze and a night on the lash the night before? I couldn’t imagine anything more disrespectful.

a wedding day is one of the biggest life events a person can have. It’s supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life. It’s a solemn vow before friends and family. I can’t imagine how disrespectful it would feel, to have your fiancé rock up drunk and stinking of alcohol.

all the grooms I’ve known have been emotional and in love and very happy to be getting married though.

if I walked up to the Walter and my other half was hungover and smelled bad, I’d be so hurt. I’d honestly question if he wanted the marriage at all. I’d feel a little humiliated that he couldn’t hold it together.

If William was that drunk in his wedding day I think it would have been a bit more obvious to the millions who watched the ceremony.
As I said earlier, Harry is known to be prone to exaggeration so I don’t think we can take his sole word for it
Maybe his breath smelt because he hadn’t brushed his teeth when Harry showed up but he was certainly smart enough to get through a nerve wracking day without stumbling around and looking like he’d rather be elsewhere

Reactions: 14
we must do. All of the grooms I’ve known have been good friends and/or good friends of my partner.

not one ever got drunk the night before, or drunk the morning of to the extent someone claimed they reeked of booze.

but reeking of booze and a night on the lash the night before? I couldn’t imagine anything more disrespectful.

a wedding day is one of the biggest life events a person can have. It’s supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life. It’s a solemn vow before friends and family. I can’t imagine how disrespectful it would feel, to have your fiancé rock up drunk and stinking of alcohol.

all the grooms I’ve known have been emotional and in love and very happy to be getting married though.

if I walked up to the Walter and my other half was hungover and smelled bad, I’d be so hurt. I’d honestly question if he wanted the marriage at all. I’d feel a little humiliated that he couldn’t hold it together.
We don’t really go in for solemn where I’m from and no gushing emotions. Weddings are a lighthearted and fun celebration … a giant house party but in a venue.

Reactions: 4
We don’t really go in for solemn where I’m from and no gushing emotions. Weddings are a lighthearted and fun celebration … a giant house party but in a venue.
Same for my lot!! Three day party!! Starting on Friday wedding day winding down on Sunday.. Great laugh

Reactions: 3

Bit different though for William when the whole world was watching! I watched the Wedding and he didn’t seem hungover. Harry exaggerated it because he’s so bitter and twisted.

An extract from his book saying William’s friends forced him to down a few rum and cokes and yet he’s still apparently smelling of it the next day? Yet it was Harry in the book who said he can’t remember anything of the wedding ceremony. I think it was him who was hungover !

I also remember the walkabout and he doesn’t look drunk and I’m sure people would have commented if he stunk of alcohol!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

but who said that happened to William? Harry. The same Harry said that said his book was his truth and not objective fact.

The same Harry that said his wife had gone 10 days overdue with their first baby, had two epidurals and was released from hospital less than an hour after birth. He also said that he himself used up all of the gas and air when it's actually piped up the walls.

The same Harry that contradicted himself in court weeks later, even the judge questioned the difference.

I don't believe anything that was written in that book.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.