The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbh I simply cannot imagine Princess Anne ever being ill she’s too sturdy and has no time for the snivels

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
He should have been disembowelled on the spot and fed to the royal corgis.
It was the Scottish minister and may have something to do with verse 6 of the National Anthem. "Lord grant that Marshal Wade, May by thy mighty aid, Victory bring. May he sedition hush, And like a torrent rush, Rebellious Scots to crush, God Save the King."

Reactions: 2
It was the Scottish minister and may have something to do with verse 6 of the National Anthem. "Lord grant that Marshal Wade, May by thy mighty aid, Victory bring. May he sedition hush, And like a torrent rush, Rebellious Scots to crush, God Save the King."
That verse was added years later and has rarely been sung in the last three centuries. And in fact there was only a period of three months that this may have been sung (in 1745!) as Wade stepped down soon after and was replaced. It's important to note even within Scotland, there was considerable opposition to the Jacobites and Bonnie Prince Charlie.

From the Royal Website: "There is no authorised version of the National Anthem as the words are a matter of tradition. Additional verses have been added down the years, but these are rarely used."

Reactions: 5
That verse was added years later and has rarely been sung in the last three centuries. And in fact there was only a period of three months that this may have been sung (in 1745!) as Wade stepped down soon after and was replaced. It's important to note even within Scotland, there was considerable opposition to the Jacobites and Bonnie Prince Charlie.

From the Royal Website: "There is no authorised version of the National Anthem as the words are a matter of tradition. Additional verses have been added down the years, but these are rarely used."
Yet it was there at one point and many Scots won’t sing it because of that verse. Not singing God Save the King doesn’t disrespect the war dead, the songs not actually about them or the nation. Some people just don’t believe in invisible sky gods or kings so why sing a song about them?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
The welsh minister not signing God Save the King. He should have stayed at home. When he was laying his wreath, he swaggered over to the cenotaph like he was taking his empties back to the bar.
Mark Drakeford swaggering? I can’t believe he even knows how. His whole personality is chapel minister.

Mark Drakeford swaggering? I can’t believe he even knows how. His whole personality is chapel minister.
Very chapel indeed
---
Tbh I simply cannot imagine Princess Anne ever being ill she’s too sturdy and has no time for the snivels
A lot of the good health must be in the genes her parents were fit and healthy for many years.
---
A lot of the good health must be in the genes her parents were fit and healthy for many years.

Very chapel indeed
---

---

oh yes definitely the genes, not the access to the best healthcare money can provide, a wealth of countryside mansions to enjoy the outdoors and exercise, and the best food money can buy.

oh yes definitely the genes, not the access to the best healthcare money can provide, a wealth of countryside mansions to enjoy the outdoors and exercise, and the best food money can buy.
You are absolutely right but the King's father died in his 50's and her sister died in her70's so the money, mansions and the great outdoors doesn't necessarily mean you are going to live to a great age. They both smoked but all the healthcare money in the world didn't save them.

You are absolutely right but the King's father died in his 50's and her sister died in her70's so the money, mansions and the great outdoors doesn't necessarily mean you are going to live to a great age. They both smoked but all the healthcare money in the world didn't save them.
i mean, yeh there are limits to what healthcare can do if you are inhaling toxins on the reg. plus we were referring to Phillip and Elizabeth

that doesn’t negate the fact that they had access to the best, which probably explains why they lived to a nice ripe old age.

Reactions: 1
Having access to the best medical care including all kinds of health checks and preventative treatment has got to help a lot. If you still maintain bad eating and drinking habits though it can't work miracles.

He reminds me of my geography teacher. Totally boring and bored with life look, with disheveled jacket and patches on the elbows.

He reminds me of my geography teacher. Totally boring and bored with life look, with disheveled jacket and patches on the elbows.
He has no charisma but I think he tackled the lockdown situation far better than Boris.

I’ve met him several times. In person he’s very pleasant. He is excellent at public speaking; very clever, passionate and all without notes. He’s a very humble person.

Trying to imagine what Charles’s party was like last night. I don’t think he has ever really been a party animal. I expect it was mainly a meal and some speeches?

Reactions: 3
Reactions: 4
Where would I need to go to find out what duties the royals are up to each week? I'm curious what exactly the royals are doing week in, week out.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.