The Royal Family #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone been reading the news of Prince Frederick and Princess Mary? European royals usually get discussed here as well, but there’s articles coming out of him having an affair with pictures of him leaving another woman’s flat. He’s released a statement that isn’t great
If you haven’t already, check out Royal Dish - it’s a great website for Royal Gossip, though quite cliquey hence why I don’t use it much anymore, and they have a whole section dedicated to the Danish Royals. They loathe Mary more than the Meghan haters and think Fred is dumber than Harry!
---
When he talked about the royals it did make me chuckle!
Speaking to the Daily Mail's Diary Editor Richard Eden, Nicky said he finds it 'odd' seeing the whole Wales family dressed in blue.
‘It’s supposed to suggest a calm upper-classness, which is so dull. If you look at pictures from the old days, the royals had wonderful exotic clothes. But now they look like dummies in Peter Jones’s window.’
He adds of William and Catherine: ‘They do childish things, like play football and games. They couldn’t be less sophisticated. They don’t go to literary lunches and read extraordinary books or go to the theatre.’

• Wow
Reactions: 2
William and Catherine have got three young children, they are going to spend a fair bit of their spare time doing sporty things, not poncing about Chelsea with arty-farty friends like Nicky Haslam.

Reactions: 11
William and Catherine have got three young children, they are going to spend a fair bit of their spare time doing sporty things, not poncing about Chelsea with arty-farty friends like Nicky Haslam.
I mean the windsors aren’t known for academic prowess and sophistication are they? The opposite I’d say.

I always thought it was weird, as someone who studied history of art, that Kate isn’t ever seen in art galleries with her kids? The national gallery, the courtauld gallery, the Tate etc etc. there are so many in London a few minutes away from where they used to live. Pretty easy to blend in with crowds there and I’ve seen lots of parents take their kids to them. She’s patron of the national portrait gallery too IIRC.

Happy to see Camilla wear the State Diadem. It’s one of my favourite pieces.

Looking at the photos from Singapore- it’s good that Kate stayed behind. The looks of Cate and Hannah make it painfully obvious that she has a hard time looking glamorous. Kate can look crazy amazing (see the Bond premiere) but she often chooses styles that might be the current trend but don’t flatter her at all or looks downright like a dowdy stick (I am usually not touching this weight topic a lot but there no way around that she chooses outfits that highlight her frame and it’s not in a good way).

I see H is still sporting his royal medals when talking to veterans. You know - the ones that have nothing to do with military service at all but rather with being part of the royal family. I think just one is an actual military service one from his Afghanistan tours. I know that the jubilee medals got handed out to many people, including military personnel but I am not sure he actually qualified for them via his service but rather through his relations. Anyhow, it’s funny that “just call me Harry” is actually all about being a Duke, a Prince and sporting every medal be can have.

The comparison between the articles written about M and Kate is complicated if not impossible. You have to take into account several facts. M was the second on the scene and by that already in a loosing position. (1) Every woman, no matter how white, educated, perfect pedigree and angelic would have gotten torn to shreds after the initial praise. Which M definitely got. The smart, highly educated, with impressive work experience, strong, glamorous go-getter was pictured rather well against dowdy, work shy Kate, which, while has improved, will never be a great public speaker. Build up to the highest echelons only to be torn to shreds.
(2) Social Media was not as public eleven years ago. But if you were in the royal watching community you would definitely read similar stuff about Kate. Lazy, Duchess of Doolittle, spending crazy money on clothes, being unsatisfied with everything handed on a silver spoon, the ultra expensive Reno at Anmer Hall, the annoying way she bleep her clutch under her bumps (K version of constantly showing it), flashing and being an unsuitable embarrassment while represent the UK, being Will’s mattress and doormat, being hated by everyone in the family, being a social climber in the worst way, digging up dirt or gossip about her family members, faking HG, only having children to have an excuse not to work, the affairs…. It’s much of the same.
(3) the general tone wasn’t as heated as it is in the last couple of years.

H&M would have gone back to being the tabloids darlings. It’s all right though to say you hate it and you don’t want to play the game. No matter how much you thought you could. But they really love to present themselves as the above all. I strongly remember M saying she would be the first to apologise if she would have made a mistake ….. meaning she didn’t make any and therefore didn’t deserve the criticism. I think that was after the 11 private jet tours in 2 weeks. Or maybe I am remembering it incorrectly?
They could have shown some backbone and ignore the noise and carve their own way. W&K, while arguably in a stronger position, got years of negativity (online and in print) because they made the rules regarding their children. They stuck out and after 8 years people praise them for it. Endurance and having the eyes in the prize. There are ways- if you are willing to see it through. If you don’t, that’s fine- but I highly doubt that their fight against negativity online will succeed. It seems societies actually are developing backwards and are getting rougher and brutalise. It’s a completely contradictory trend to the official look of getting more liberal and open. I am concerned to say the least.
Back to H&M. Let’s hope all the rumours of a re-brand, away from the victim image are true. You can’t build lasting success on that. I think M understands that PR is not exactly showing your real self but rather building a positive received public narrative. Of course it’s not the authentic truth. H seems to have a harder time with that. I wonder if she got him in line finally or if he will undermine her endeavours.

In other notes, I don’t know why, but I so wish we will see a memoir by W with his head big in b/w and called HEIR. Can we also get a DUCHESS by M and a QUEEN by Kate? It would be hilarious. Not that I would read any of them though. Rather the great satire that social media would make of them all. Spare was pure gold in that regard.
Even 15 year old James Wessex has 2 of those jubilee medals and Mike Tindall has a couple too!

• Haha
Maybe they can invite friends round privately to see the wonderful art works in the various Royal palaces/residences and we plebs never get to hear about it.

Reactions: 5
I think it's because Kate honestly has zero interests aside from whatever is currently affecting her. A cousin once said that about her around the engagement, trying to make it sound nice but - Kate's only interested in things that relate to her.

I think she didn't go because she just didn't want to. Swotting up for an exam that's a formality? Even Harry, dumb as a sack of bricks who had to cheat to pass anything, got in to Eton. I like the idea of Earthshot - promote real things that help with pollution etc - but the jetting around even on commercial jets and wasting so much money and resources on these awards is a bit silly.

re: Frederik and Mary he's a well known philanderer and he was cheating on his girlfriend at home with Mary (who I think was also dating someone at the time?), the hook up at the Olympics, who went looking for a royal man... He's been seen stepping out on her before.

Reactions: 4
I mean the windsors aren’t known for academic prowess and sophistication are they? The opposite I’d say.

I always thought it was weird, as someone who studied history of art, that Kate isn’t ever seen in art galleries with her kids? The national gallery, the courtauld gallery, the Tate etc etc. there are so many in London a few minutes away from where they used to live. Pretty easy to blend in with crowds there and I’ve seen lots of parents take their kids to them. She’s patron of the national portrait gallery too IIRC.

I’ve read that staff at the galleries have said she has been seen multiple times before opening hours. I went to the National Portrait gallery the other week and it was absolutely heaving, it would be a security nightmare for them to just wander in with everyone else. Same for pretty much every other art gallery I’ve ever been to, they seem to just ram as many people as they can in them.
---
I think it's because Kate honestly has zero interests aside from whatever is currently affecting her. A cousin once said that about her around the engagement, trying to make it sound nice but - Kate's only interested in things that relate to her.

I think she didn't go because she just didn't want to. Swotting up for an exam that's a formality? Even Harry, dumb as a sack of bricks who had to cheat to pass anything, got in to Eton. I like the idea of Earthshot - promote real things that help with pollution etc - but the jetting around even on commercial jets and wasting so much money and resources on these awards is a bit silly.

re: Frederik and Mary he's a well known philanderer and he was cheating on his girlfriend at home with Mary (who I think was also dating someone at the time?), the hook up at the Olympics, who went looking for a royal man... He's been seen stepping out on her before.
It doesn’t mean George shouldn’t do well on them just because his dense uncle got in without any brains. Excluding the fact he’ll be HoS and is being afforded a world leading education so should be making the most of it get top grades, every parent should want their child to do their best and create the right environment for them to succeed. Telling him to not bother because the exam is a formality for just him as a Prince doesn’t really set up him well for not being a knobhead as he gets older.
---
If you haven’t already, check out Royal Dish - it’s a great website for Royal Gossip, though quite cliquey hence why I don’t use it much anymore, and they have a whole section dedicated to the Danish Royals. They loathe Mary more than the Meghan haters and think Fred is dumber than Harry!
---
When he talked about the royals it did make me chuckle!
Speaking to the Daily Mail's Diary Editor Richard Eden, Nicky said he finds it 'odd' seeing the whole Wales family dressed in blue.
‘It’s supposed to suggest a calm upper-classness, which is so dull. If you look at pictures from the old days, the royals had wonderful exotic clothes. But now they look like dummies in Peter Jones’s window.’
He adds of William and Catherine: ‘They do childish things, like play football and games. They couldn’t be less sophisticated. They don’t go to literary lunches and read extraordinary books or go to the theatre.’
I read some Royal Dish posts a while ago and they were all so mean on there🫣 some of it was worse than the H&M thread on here

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9

Funny you should say this because I was reading an interview with someone the other day who said they were sat in the national portrait gallery before it opened and there was another woman in there and it was Kate and she said something like “it’s my guilty pleasure and they kindly let me come in whenever I want” or something…I’ll try and find the article I can’t for the life of me remember who it was now 😂
---
The Mary and Fred stuff is icky. Even if it was totally innocent he should know better than to be pictured leaving another woman’s apartment after spending the night. He knows he could be spotted and papped and knows the speculation it would result in which is only going to hurt is wife and kids, the idiot.

Reactions: 10
I’ve read that staff at the galleries have said she has been seen multiple times before opening hours. I went to the National Portrait gallery the other week and it was absolutely heaving, it would be a security nightmare for them to just wander in with everyone else. Same for pretty much every other art gallery I’ve ever been to, they seem to just ram as many people as they can in them.
---

It doesn’t mean George shouldn’t do well on them just because his dense uncle got in without any brains. Excluding the fact he’ll be HoS and is being afforded a world leading education so should be making the most of it get top grades, every parent should want their child to do their best and create the right environment for them to succeed. Telling him to not bother because the exam is a formality for just him as a Prince doesn’t really set up him well for not being a knobhead as he gets older.
---

I read some Royal Dish posts a while ago and they were all so mean on there🫣 some of it was worse than the H&M thread on here
kate has been pictured with her kids out and about on oxford street which is always busy and much more of a security risk than a closed, secure art gallery with its own security teams. It’s totally feasible and possible that she take them there. They actually don’t pack in the crowds, they have security teams that monitor access at the entrances and exits.

Maybe she has and we just never found out about it? But I always felt it would be reported in some capacity because even when she takes them swimming to a private members pool, it still gets leaked to the press.

maybe she takes them there privately out of hours.

They had to shut down the M&H threads and banned anyone mentioning them because it caused so much trouble.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Does anybody else find the current royals very boring and lack any kind of excitement? Back in the day there has always been rumours, gossip, controversies. These days they are pretty much like any other mega privileged family, except we contribute to paying for their lifestyle.

Reactions: 5
I think the BRF have bargained with the press to keep Kate and Will rumours off the front pages. They will give photos and snippets in return for a ban on salacious stories. With H&M gone and KC3 slimming down the numbers, they need to keep those that are working looking good.

• Heart
Does anybody else find the current royals very boring and lack any kind of excitement? Back in the day there has always been rumours, gossip, controversies. These days they are pretty much like any other mega privileged family, except we contribute to paying for their lifestyle.
Yes it does feel like this now Harry has gone. Particularly as there are so few of them now. They are good at regeneration though so it’s going to be see interesting to see how they try to hold onto public interest. It’s probably best for everyone if it’s not a Princess Diana or Harry and Megan situation but it is very dull with no drama.

Reactions: 1
I see H is still sporting his royal medals when talking to veterans. You know - the ones that have nothing to do with military service at all but rather with being part of the royal family. I think just one is an actual military service one from his Afghanistan tours. I know that the jubilee medals got handed out to many people, including military personnel but I am not sure he actually qualified for them via his service but rather through his relations. Anyhow, it’s funny that “just call me Harry” is actually all about being a Duke, a Prince and sporting every medal be can have.
Thanks to service, I have two Jubilee medals. I know that the criteria for one was seven years' service which Harry would have easily qualified for. He is as entitled to them as much as any other member of the armed emergency services who also got them for service. There are lots of reasons to criticise Harry but his Jubilee medals are not one of them. Mike Tindall et al though ... 🤬
---
View attachment 2558907

A few years ago there were rumours about Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel being on the brink of divorce because of an affair and they point blank denied it, saying there’s no truth to any of it. If you’re going to speak I think that’s the way to do it, Fredericks statement doesn’t deny it but just says he’s entitled to privacy.

& they don’t look very comfortable together
Apart from her earrings and rings, the only jewellery she was wearing was her usual thin chain with a diamond F on it; she usually wears it with another chain with a gold disc that has the initials of her children but this time it was just F for Fred. Seems like a subtle statement.

Last edited:
Omg why? Hahaha, maybe it’s worth reading some of the older threads for the drama😂
From what I remember the users would end up fighting with each other and it got a bit out of hand. Plus the discussion of race and racism was banned but it didn’t stop users still bringing it up and trying to talk about it. I can imagine that’s a nightmare to moderate, especially if you have a large messaging board like they do.

Look at what they called the section where they house the threads on the Wales’s and Sussexes 😂
IMG_3584.jpeg

• Haha
I think the BRF have bargained with the press to keep Kate and Will rumours off the front pages. They will give photos and snippets in return for a ban on salacious stories. With H&M gone and KC3 slimming down the numbers, they need to keep those that are working looking good.
I don't think it's a bad thing for them to lie low at the moment.

There was endless drama from H&M for the past couple of years between Netflix and Spare. Racist royals. mean royals, uncaring royals, bullying royals etc etc.

There was the Jubilee celebrations. Then there was TQ dying and the funeral. Then the Coronation.

It's been pretty full on.

Reactions: 6
@Blurp- I looked it up. He served ten years, so yes, did fulfil the requirements for at least one jubilee medal. I am not begrudging him it if he has earned it. For the record- I don’t mind them all wearing the medals for pure royal decoration at royal events. But if any of them acts in a role that directly refers to service, be it military or similar, I think they should only wear the ones they actually earned through their work. So if Mike turns up at a veterans event all decorated with medals he didn’t earn through actual service I would think him an even bigger prick than I do now. That’s a personal pet peeve of mine and not exclusively for H.

Reactions: 7
To be fair I think Mike Tindall said something on his podcast about not feeling all that comfortable wearing the medals but he did so because they were from the Queen and he didn’t want to disrespect her etc. The medals thing is certainly a tricky one…did I see that Harry wore all of his medals except his fathers coronation one? So did he not get one or is being stubborn and not wearing it?

To be fair I think Mike Tindall said something on his podcast about not feeling all that comfortable wearing the medals but he did so because they were from the Queen and he didn’t want to disrespect her etc. The medals thing is certainly a tricky one…did I see that Harry wore all of his medals except his fathers coronation one? So did he not get one or is being stubborn and not wearing it?
I would be very surprised if we was snubbed because that would have been news and we’d have heard of it. I can fully believe he would be stubborn over wearing it though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.