The Royal Family #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If he wasn't president of the FA it wouldn't be as bad and certainly not all on his shoulders. But he is. Its appalling that neither Rishi or any RF are there. I don't care if they're on holiday, they are our leaders who have a privileged life. Sometimes you have to cut your holiday short or interrupt it, just like us normal people do in certain high power jobs.

To add to it, the videos he's released of just him a Charlotte actually makes it worse. Where's Kate and the boys? Don't they support the women? The whole family would have been a much stronger message.

They have just handled this whole thing badly.

Reactions: 12
You can bet your life if was the men World Cup final or the sodding rugby he’d have been there. It looks especially bad now that the Spanish royals have made an appearance, and the Daily Mail Online are already sticking the boot in (no pun intended )about the ‘lack of royal presence‘ supporting the Lionesses. The security excuse is bollocks because if Queen Letizia can be there safely then so could they. It’s a PR blunder they could do without and they‘d do well to remember that they are only still where they are because we allow them to be. They have enough bleeping holidays and lead a life most of us can only dream of. They need to pull their fingers out.

Reactions: 14
If we lose will that be Williams fault too for not attending?

I was reading today one of the protocols preventing William from attending is because Charles hasn't been there first ... not sure how true that is.

Reactions: 1

I was reading today one of the protocols preventing William from attending is because Charles hasn't been there first ... not sure how true that is.
William would be there in his job as President of the FA … which is nothing to do with Charles.
Last year there was even talk about William
And Kate doing a four of Australia this year on behalf of Charles.
I think straws are being clutched.

Reactions: 11
I don't think this is comparable to the Diana's death fall out. That was another level.

But this is pretty bad because its disappointed a lot of royalists. They don't need to be losing support from the ones they have.

This kind of 'soft power' is exactly what the RF is for.

The carbon footprint of his Earthshot event is higher which is ironic as that's supposedly saving the planet.
---

He is stuck either way now. Not having a large home support or being seen as 'lesser than' could be seen as impacting their morale. If they win he will have be MIA for a historic moment for not only his job, but his country.

Ian Wright's comments could be taken as slight dig about such a poor UK officials presence

Reactions: 6

Of course it won’t be. But whatever way you look at it, it looks really bad. I think it’s also really bad that he not only used Charlotte as a tool in that clip to deflect any criticism away from them, but where are the boys? Is women’s football only for women? Because honestly that’s how it comes across.

As for ‘protocol’, well that crap should have died out what the Queen.

Reactions: 12
If he wasn't president of the FA it wouldn't be as bad and certainly not all on his shoulders. But he is. Its appalling that neither Rishi or any RF are there. I don't care if they're on holiday, they are our leaders who have a privileged life. Sometimes you have to cut your holiday short or interrupt it, just like us normal people do in certain high power jobs.

To add to it, the videos he's released of just him a Charlotte actually makes it worse. Where's Kate and the boys? Don't they support the women? The whole family would have been a much stronger message.

They have just handled this whole thing badly.
I think it was nice that women's football is something that is William and Charlotte's 'thing'. It is good for Charlotte not always to be in George's shadow. If Charlotte is really interested why not let the focus be on her for once?

Reactions: 2
Or just frantic Kensington Palace spin to protect William. There was no problem when William and Kate went to USA last year before a first King Charles visit.

Reactions: 5
Of course it won’t be. But whatever way you look at it, it looks really bad. I think it’s also really bad that he not only used Charlotte as a tool in that clip to deflect any criticism away from them, but where are the boys? Is women’s football only for women? Because honestly that’s how it comes across.

As for ‘protocol’, well that crap should have died out what the Queen.
You could make that argument about Letizia attending rather than the king. As the video has both William and Charlotte I don't think that's the message her and I do think it's a good idea to let Charlotte take the lead on something she is interested in rather than also being in George's shadow.

I just can’t believe the fallout from this. It’s an amazing achievement and yes he probably should have done but Jesus. Of course it’s not as big an issue as the fallout from Diana dying??! What?!

Reactions: 7
Since the coronation its the first time I've questioned having a monarchy. They need to get their act together.

I just hope there's lots going on behind the scenes and they will start showing their worth again.

I think it was nice that women's football is something that is William and Charlotte's 'thing'. It is good for Charlotte not always to be in George's shadow. If Charlotte not let the focus be on her for once?
True, but also its not about them. Its about the lionesses so they really should all be there especially as we don't really know Charlotte's level of interest in football. It just comes across a bit like 'just for girls'.

I've seen so many positive comments from men on social media about woman and today's final . It would have been great if they could have done it too.

I've never bought into the William and Kate being lazy argument. But since the queen's gone I do wonder. The kids can't be used as am excuse for much longer.

I think they think that earthshot, early years project (does anyone know exactly what that is) and the new homeless project is enough. But it doesn't make them very visible.

I also agree, I'm not convinced Charles and camilla are super healthy. I don't see them lasting as long as the queen and Prince Phillip

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4
I think it was nice that women's football is something that is William and Charlotte's 'thing'. It is good for Charlotte not always to be in George's shadow. If Charlotte is really interested why not let the focus be on her for once?
Charlotte is never in ‘George’s shadow’. The camera‘s always fix on her as they did at Wimbledon. She will grow up to be the ‘star’ in the family because she’s the most photogenic one of the three kids. People shouldn’t try and make excuse for them, they have screwed up here.

I think its quite simple if he cant step up and do his job then he needs to step aside and let someone else step in who is willing to do the job! Rishi is also a tit PM!

Reactions: 6
Charlotte is never in ‘George’s shadow’. The camera‘s always fix on her as they did at Wimbledon. She will grow up to be the ‘star’ in the family because she’s the most photogenic one of the three kids. People shouldn’t try and make excuse for them, they have screwed up here.
Charlotte is a Princess and will be wearing the pretty clothes and sparkly things. George will more than likely be in a suit or military uniform. Charlotte will get the lion’s share of the headlines.

It’s ‘well, protocol‘ when then don’t want to do something and ‘modernising the monarchy’ when they do.

Charlotte is a Princess and will be wearing the pretty clothes and sparkly things. George will more than likely be in a suit or military uniform. Charlotte will get the lion’s share of the headlines.

It’s ‘well, protocol‘ when then don’t want to do something and ‘modernising the monarchy’ when they do.
Yes basically they do what they like. I think there is a disdain for the public, particularly from William. The Queen always put duty to the country first. Charles cares but I don’t think he or Camilla are in the best of health if truth be told and neither are getting any younger. So it falls to William who simply can’t be bothered. If he doesn’t want to do it then fine but he needs to step down and get another job in that case.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This is great one to follow on twitter for old Hollywood photos and stuff ....
I just can’t believe the fallout from this. It’s an amazing achievement and yes he probably should have done but Jesus. Of course it’s not as big an issue as the fallout from Diana dying??! What?!
Who the duck has said that? 🤣

There has been some hysteria on this forum lately.

Reactions: 2
This is great one to follow on twitter for old Hollywood photos and stuff ....

Who the duck has said that? 🤣

There has been some hysteria on this forum lately.
I can’t remember if it was on this thread or Twitter but I saw a post “I don’t think the fallout from this will be as bad as after Diana died but it will be bad” or something along those lines 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

No of course it isn’t as bad as what happened after Diana died. I think the point is that now that the Queen is gone, any goodwill from the public to her heirs (particularly William) is gradually being chipped away. Any missteps will attract more attention and the more that people question the need for them the greater they are at risk. So whilst not as catastrophic a PR disaster I don’t think they are in a position to weather any scandals as well as they might have in the past.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.