The Royal Family #40

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I completely agree with those who are frustrated that Kate chose early years over sports for older children. But that isn’t going to change.
I do think William should have gone and I also think the fact that he didn’t will be remembered and noted down because at some point the media will start taking swings against the Wales, it’s just what they do. This will be useful as there was some degree of annoyance over his failure to be there.
It’s worth noting though that Spanish RF is on much dodgier ground with their public after behaviour of Juan Carlos who is still angling for a return to Spain. Presumably they need every bit of good publicity going. I saw lots about their heiress to the throne going off to their version of Sandringham.
Did you mean Sandhurst?
she’s just started her military training.
I thought Letizia looked fabulous and Sofia very tall!

Reactions: 3
When William does become King, which will likely be not for ten years at the earliest, his children will mostly have left school and be at university or in the army.

The public don't also pay for them via taxes beyond security like they pay for the PM, government ministers, MPs and civil servants, the profits from the Crown Estate and Duchies pay for them
William is lazy. He will always be lazy. He has always been lazy. (I know people who went to uni with him. He was like that then, too.)

Where do the profits come from? Oh, the taxpayer!

Laziness in a public servant who has multiple houses, and refuses to work or do anything of use or note, is not cool. Politician, or royal. The privileges are immense, and they do not return as much as they take, at all. You have a job: do the darn job. Not like they nor many of them have a history of it, but they skive off on this 'image' (and dead Mummy) that won't last forever. It's cracked. They don't have the foresight to care.

Leonor and Sofia are real credits to their parents. I'm impressed by Leonor especially. What a class act for a young woman! I find it super interesting she's off to the military before university.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Don’t think I actually said that 🧐 nor was it hysteric. Just mulling over reasons they may not have gone. None of us actually know what goes on and so it could actually be anything from something fairly banal to the downright shocking.
They have given a reason why he didn’t go so no need to come up with alternatives 🤷‍♀️. I’m surprised people haven’t suggested Kate may be pregnant and in hospital like the other pregnancies!

Reactions: 2
100% agree with you. I genuinely cannot remember any of them attending a sporting event outside of the UK.

The reaction is beyond ridiculous and it's generally by people who don't like TRF anyway. Anything to beat them with. As @Honeystar said what is it? Work or play?
They always go to the Commonwealth Games and The Queen opened the 1976 Olympic Games in Montreal … because again a Commonwealth Country. So from that point of view, with the World Cup being held across 2 Commonwealth Countries, a RF presence would have been polite.

But putting that to one side, the President of the FA should have been there. Whoever it was. It just so happens that it’s William, which is why it’s being discussed here.

Reactions: 11
They have given a reason why he didn’t go so no need to come up with alternatives 🤷‍♀️. I’m surprised people haven’t suggested Kate may be pregnant and in hospital like the other pregnancies!
Yes and people are allowed to question this and be sceptical.

Reactions: 2
100% agree with you. I genuinely cannot remember any of them attending a sporting event outside of the UK.

The reaction is beyond ridiculous and it's generally by people who don't like TRF anyway. Anything to beat them with. As @Honeystar said what is it? Work or play?
To me, it’s not about attending as a member of the royal family but in his FA role

Reactions: 9
Charlotte looks quite young in the video which makes me wonder if it was a "just in case' video filmed ages ago
I can't be dealing with some of the silly things I'm reading about this.

William didn't go because of this, that and the other .... Sod the environment it's his job. No, it's a waste of taxpayers money and bad for the climate. Why did he only have Charlotte in the video, the boys should be there promoting women's sport etc etc.

Maybe William just couldn't be arsed. 🤷‍♀️

Regardless of what the media are telling us, people just don't care as much about women's football as mens. No one gave a stuff up until the Euro's.

It's all doing my head in. Now I'm reading that the team is too white. Not diverse enough. Give me strength.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Charlotte looks quite young in the video which makes me wonder if it was a "just in case' video filmed ages ago
How long ago do you think they filmed it?!! Even if it was filmed a few weeks ago she's not going to look dramatically different and I don't think she's been out in public since Wimbledon anyway. I'm genuinely baffled by the hysteria over this. Forget about William and celebrate the team's achievements.

Reactions: 11
I mean…this is a gossip forum, this is a thread about one of the worlds most famous families and people are shocked/irritated that this is being discussed? People on here get their knickers in a knot if Kate wears something they don’t like for gods sake. Not really sure what else is to be expected on here? There’s as much hysteria that they might god forbid be subject to some criticism.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Nobody is saying not to talk about it. I'm just surprised that people are so bothered about it because it seems like a small thing to me but that's just my opinion. I do think there's other things that they could be criticised for that are worse than this e.g. taking the entire school summer holidays off work.

Reactions: 6
I’ve been on this thread for some time now and I’m pretty sure the last time a topic got this much attention was watching the queue last year! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ve been on this thread for some time now and I’m pretty sure the last time a topic got this much attention was watching the queue last year! 🤣
I am still floored that a friend of mine flew from Los Angeles to London just to stand in the queue…

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I can’t believe it’s nearly been a year already. Poor Becks, not only did he queue he shared his sandwiches and he still never got his knighthood 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I can’t believe it’s nearly been a year already. Poor Becks, not only did he queue he shared his sandwiches and he still never got his knighthood 😂.
I’m amazed he didn’t say to William … tell you what, I’ll go to Sydney for you …

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I know! Is it weird for me to say I sort of enjoyed it? Not the fact she died of course bless her, but watching all the events and in particular the queue chat on tattle was something really memorable! We won't experience anything quite like it again that's for sure.

That moment when the she arrived back at Buck Pal still gets me

Reactions: 4
I know! Is it weird for me to say I sort of enjoyed it? Not the fact she died of course bless her, but watching all the events and in particular the queue chat on tattle was something really memorable! We won't experience anything quite like it again that's for sure.

That moment when the she arrived back at Buck Pal still gets me
No I know what you mean Tattle was a lovely place to be on the day of her funeral too.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Nobody is saying not to talk about it. I'm just surprised that people are so bothered about it because it seems like a small thing to me but that's just my opinion. I do think there's other things that they could be criticised for that are worse than this e.g. taking the entire school summer holidays off work.
I'm happy to talk about it but I just think all the 'this is the end of the monarchy' talk because William didn't attend a football match is a bit OTT.

As for taking the whole of the summer off, TRF have always done that haven't they? Pop off to Scotland for a couple of months.

I'm always torn as to whether Catherine and William should be out and about more. I get that William probably wants to protect his kids and give them as normal an upbringing as possible because his own was particularly dysfunctional but he does have a job to do, like everyone else in the country. A few more nights away a month wouldn't do any harm especially as the kids are now settled in school.

Reactions: 7
Never mind the football issue. I'm more confused that people think that teenage girls would give more of a toss about staying in sport if a they saw a 41-year-old, uber-privileged woman doing a bit of cricket.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.