Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
There are fantastic docus on YouTube, they aired on the BBC and elsewhere, letters are shown etc. I was quite shocked when I learnt this because the Nazi narrative is so strong and no one wants to say these days that so many of the upper class and the establishment were anti-Semites and in favour of Hitler.

Remember the video of Liz the qm, Margaret and Lizzie doing the Nazi salute?
I mean, fine, kids are kids, but Liz the queen mum was an adult and fully knew what was going on and what she was doing.
They sound interesting
Yeah why would kids mess about by doing a Nazi salute, while being recorded by an adult and in the presence of their mother, who didn't tell them off? Most of the aristocracy were fascists until Hitler started talking about invading Britain.

Reactions: 1

Baguette

VIP Member
Why haven't ITV press office stated the broadcast time for the Oprah interview? It's being generally reported as going out at 8 pm on Monday but the length seems unclear.

Wonder what they are waiting for, and whether the UK will get an edited version?

FrostyChops

VIP Member
I found the contributions this morning on GMTV helpful for once.

Also it seems DofE has a pre existing heart condition.

Not as far as I know but there is another princess with African roots somewhere, she wore a similar wedding dress to MM. She is also really pretty.
i don’t know her name

Word

It’s all very divisive. It’s interesting how much if a rip people get in about it all.

bunsofsteel

Chatty Member
They can give her those back you know? Also, if she was travelling as part of the Royal Family for tours etc. or if she hired a jet you don't need a passport. And of course, she needs her licence - what if she was stopped at any point whilst driving? The first thing you do is hand over your licence, and her US licence would be invalid over here! - Maybe ask yourself why the palace wanted those things from her instead of trying to find stories people can disprove.
I don't carry my license anywhere! Never have done, couldn't even tell you where it was.

bunsofsteel

Chatty Member
Why is Harry again being let off the hook here? The conversation was had with Harry. He relayed it to Meghan and said himself he was shocked by it. He knows his family and would presumably know how to take it. Or is evil Meghan putting thoughts into poor dimwit Harry's head again?
I said Meghan as it was Meghan that said those words, not Harry. He's in no way off the hook but it was Meghan who said 'concerns', we don't know that was Harry's choice of words.

People like his grandad and great grandad? 😂

All these users with in-laws who are mixed race etc and asking their brother or sister what colour will the child be, I'm like wow. I'm a black woman and if my husband's sister just casually wondered to him what colour our child would be then I'd be like wtf.
Who says it is like that? What if THEY started the conversation? Are we not allowed to join in? They were ALSO wondering about it.

igiveup

VIP Member
One of Diana’s best friends lemme guess Elton John, when he confirms I’ll believe it.

Now she was suicidal and had to turn in her car keys and documents because the evil family doesn't let her have her own documents... 🤦‍♀️ ffs.

• Haha

Ophelia

Well, that was interesting! I watched the whole thing on the CBS app. I'm wondering how the palace are going to deal with this, the racist comment about Archie's skin iin the forthcoming days. It's not something they can ignore, surely?

More clips which are not included in the final interview for anyone who is interested. Meghan speaks about her father and Samantha in one of them, Harry saying he's tried to tell his family about the toxic environment of the institution and Meghan speaks about her treatment in the press, where she mentions 'Waity Kaity'.

• Wow

annapolly

Have people on here really not heard of the affair?

A while back Giles Coren tweeted something about being privy to the affair because of circles he’s in. Tweet since deleted but someone picked up on it and wrote quite a lengthy thread.

Apparently there’s a media blackout in the affair in England but not in other countries

Rose Hanbury, the Marchioness of Cholmondeley. Rumour was the rumour was started and leaked by Meghan as she wanted to get one over the Cambs for not supporting the Sussexes.

bunsofsteel

Chatty Member
It’s a big claim to make if no truthfulness behind it, or it wasn’t perceived by them to come across as racist. I imagine the other party was not aware of how it may have sounded or perceived.
It is a very big claim to make, which is why they should have dealt with it differently, rather than alluding to something and someone. I'm not saying that isn't what they felt, just that the word 'concern' is more than likely one they have chosen to use and maybe not reflective of what was actually said.

funkimunki1984

Chatty Member
The cynic in me thinks that Harry and Meghan have been thrown to the lions in order to protect Andrew. It makes me so angry that they are getting so much abuse from the press when he’s getting away scot free, why isn’t Piers Morgan asking why Andrew has been extradited to the USA instead of slating H&M?
Isn’t piers just pissed off because he used to be friends with Megan and then she ghosted him when she got with Harry? Maybe she is with Harry to be famous (she certainly did go from a relative unknown to marrying the worlds most eligible bachelor), or they actually love each other. I hope it’s the latter.

vikka

VIP Member
I mean mental health is something that should be taken seriously. My stream keeps freezing so I’m going to call it quits but if she felt that bad that’s a horrendous place to be.
For sure and if she needed support (be that therapy or whatever else), she should have received that, no questions asked.

But claiming she was suicidal is way too much to be believable, esp as she laid in on so thick with her bs concerning Archie's non-existant titles and "one family member's concern over Archie's skin colour".
Good God.
They must be fuming at the palace right now and will come out swinging in the morning.

I'm out, too, for now, been watching via an IG live stream from some blogger, will wait for actual streams to come, which'll happen after the whole shit show airs 😂 Will watch much later today, though, it's beyond time to hit the sack.

• Angry