Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

igiveup

VIP Member
The Queens commonwealth speech tomorrow, who’s gonna be watching ? Do people think Britons are gonna stand with the queen or are they gonna boycott and not watch it at all ?

Reactions: 1

BigMavis

VIP Member
This is true, my kids are woke.:rolleyes: I think I'm fair in my attitude but the young people will not allow criticism of Meghan. Something has definitely shifted in society, maybe its a good thing 🤔

Readread

VIP Member
It’s an unfortunate photo. I’m sure you could find photos of every member of the Royal family looking like Billy no mates at one point or another.
Not really, look at every one else in the picture, smiling away at the bride. Then there's her 🥴

Pippa M

VIP Member
I completely agree but they are setting themselves up for that especially living in a country where those things happen.
Maybe they will need more protection for a while,till things are sorted out Much as I am furious with them for dragging this out with Oprah at the time that the DoE is in hospital,with a more serious problem than was first admitted to,I would not wish any physical harm to any of them.

I think if anyone ever kidnapped either of them they'd soon be returned. Imagine being subjected to a never ending word salad and moaning on about their terrible lives 🤪
I am afraid if anyone is kidnapped it would be the child. Dread thought.

Great_Kate

VIP Member
The royals would make sure no pics get out, they'd buy them up and get nda signed. A falling out between two women, one of which nobody had even heard of, is a bit of an odd front page for a major tabloid. Obviously they can't say it outright but the implication was massive.

That and Will dodgy dad dancing with that girl in the ski resort, he's definitely thirsty after married life
I think the journalist even admitted that he made it up.
If the royals would be so good in covering stuff up, we wouldn’t have so much to gossip about. No one can be forced to sign a nda. That stuff is not just in their back pocket to bring out.
Re: the front page- they have given even less interesting claims a front page. If they need the clicks they take whatever they can build up.
I am pretty sure every tabloid would be absolutely fine to give their front page if they had evidence that PW cheats. And the uk tabloids aren’t stupid, they would run it no matter what. The French paid good money for Kate’s topless photos. They weren’t bought up either.

I am not saying, Wiliam didn’t cheat. The ski resort was pretty bad. And it proofs my point. They won’t be able to hide such a thing. Not anymore.

I think more that they didn't just get on with it and say who it was, rather than make it a guessing game with the finger being pointed at everyone. It's a serious allegation. If you're going to make it and stand by it, then it shouldn't be vague and turned into a witchhunt.
I think this is where I think the interview was a bad idea anyway, legal teams will have been over all this with a fine tooth comb so basically nothing really could be said anyway.

slugella

VIP Member
Well she made an oath to and the fact she is props to her, at 94 still being able to work is pretty awesome and to make it to 94 even better, .

if I make it to 94 I hope to be up and about like her doing things if I can work at 94 I will lol🤣.

Is it realistic no, because she should be enjoying her retirement and what ever time she has left of her life.

Though I do think she should abdicate and get her well earned rest and let Charles deal with his unruly son.

Do you think she she should abdicate ?
I always thought she would as maybe the public would be more accepting of Charles as she would be here to smooth over the process. People who are fans of the royals seem to love the Queen so might get behind Charles easier that way? Rather than him becoming King when she dies.

She looks great for her age but guess living in a palace with servants to do all your chores would help that 😂

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
There were rumours of both of them treating staff pretty badly, losing their tempers, throwing things around etc.
rumours, or complaints and staff quitting and going public with these complaints?
Remember this cases was all know way back when she still had a lot of support in the uk.

both men and women can be guilty, it’s not a competition where only one can be at fault

igiveup

VIP Member
Nope it’s shouldn’t but I reckon nothing will happen to them.
I reckon that security for the UK family will be ramped up for The queen, Wills and Charles.

The kids are back at school on Monday and they will need extra security for them as well.

I hope that doesn’t happen, no one should lose their lives over this.

Honestly, just because he's being silent doesn't mean people should stop talking about him - Piers Morgan has written about 100(??!) articles about Harry and Megan I'm guessing he hasn't written that many about Andrew or any other member of the family.

News outlets and Journalists have a choice on what they can report about - they could release more articles about Andrew with the little information they have if they want but decide not to because the Royal Family holds them to ransom for pictures of the Cambridge kids (which I fully believe)

Maybe the next time people bang on about Harry and Megan trying to control the narrative they should consider that?
Well, if people "should not stop talking about him" but still do - what are you going to do about it?

News always report about "current affairs" and do not keep talking about events from over a year ago.

FrostyChops

VIP Member
Is It true that Andrew’s participation in the Falklands War was exaggerated? In that he went, but didn’t see much in the way of active service once there.
Not sure but if Harry's service in Afghan was anything to go by then l expect he was seen as a liability. Is Andrew the one who failed some military exam so had to be given a special post or was that Edward? 🤔 l vaguely remember a scandal in the early eighties

igiveup

VIP Member
I honestly think they are going to get away with it and it’s going to be the queen who’s going to come across bad.

I’m team queen but Meghan will win this too she will get her way which is really sad

SloaneRanger

Chatty Member
Checking in! I wonder if the Meghan and Harry interview will be broadcast over here on any channel or if we will have to try and watch it on YouTube?

annapolly

Apparently Kate made Meghan cry about the bridesmaids dresses. People at the wedding wanted to let the media know when the story leaked 6 months later but apparently they weren’t allowed. To me Meghan seems hurt that the Cambs communication team didn’t correct the story.

Prince fan 1999

VIP Member
Not seen any of it, just catching up with comments here.

My thoughts. I reckon it was Charles who asked about the colour of his skin, however I doubt it was meant in the negative way it was taken. Not saying it was right, but I think it's just a generational thing.

*disclaimer, I am not condoning the comment, it's just my thoughts on it, considering Charles age.
I thought Charles or Philip.