The Royal Family #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
can someone please explain the broach and yellow ribbon Katherine is wearing on her evening dress. What is it? Why is she wearing it? I’ve seen her and Camilla were similar and don’t know what they are for.
It’s the Royal Order of Queen Elizabeth II, as the Royal Ladies don’t wear medals, the reigning monarch gives them out at their discretion. It won’t be given any more and will now be the Royal Order of KCIII should he choose to give them out.

Reactions: 2
Didn't realise Harry is due to give evidence in court on Tuesday. That'll be interesting

She looked in agony on coronation day to me. I thought I had read she’d put her back out or something. She doesn’t come across any snobbier to me than any of the rest of them. I always think she comes across as more fun if anything.
Each to his own

Reactions: 1
Camilla has a reputation based mainly on the Diana issue. By all accounts she’s probably just as pompous and fake as the rest of them. Not a bad person, not a good person. I’m sure she would be lovely to you if she met you.

I feel like Kate and William are suddenly popping up everywhere.

Reactions: 4
@stardust21 I think as the 1st in line to the throne they will have to take up a lot more duties, the King & Queen aren’t really up to travelling much anymore.

Previously it would have been the Edinburghs or Princess Anne who would have gone instead of the Queen as her children but the King only has the Wales to represent him now.

@stardust21 I think as the 1st in line to the throne they will have to take up a lot more duties, the King & Queen aren’t really up to travelling much anymore.

Previously it would have been the Edinburghs or Princess Anne who would have gone instead of the Queen as her children but the King only has the Wales to represent him now.
He still has Anne, Edward and Sophie (+ ad hoc appearances from Dukes Kent and Gloucester) as they are still working royals and representatives. That’s not to say William and Kate shouldn’t finally start doing more, but they aren’t the only ones he has to call on.

Anyone else really enjoying the tiaras? I find them beautiful and amazing works of craft and design. I know that they are ostentatious and they will probably be worn less and less at least by the British royal family if the coronation is anything to go by so nice to see so many of them at the Jordanian wedding.

Anyone else really enjoying the tiaras? I find them beautiful and amazing works of craft and design. I know that they are ostentatious and they will probably be worn less and less at least by the British royal family if the coronation is anything to go by so nice to see so many of them at the Jordanian wedding.
Self confessed Tiara and all things sparkly lover here 😀
I still can’t understand why having a bespoke headpiece/faux tiara made especially for the coronation was deemed more ‘sustainable and less ostentatious’ than popping to the vault and wearing the real thing you which you already have. Queen Mary concurs.

Reactions: 15
It was my first time hearing about Charles hvaing a home in Transylvania and having bought up houses, a village there. That was random. Makea you wonder how many properties this man has around the globe we don't know about.
I found out about a year ago that he had a place there. I have a friend who was doing some travelling and they told me then they had been to Charles place. He said Charles goes there to paint apparently and the villagers love him.

Reactions: 5
Question: does Eugenie have to inform the monarch of the birth/name of her child as she did the Queen, or because the King is her uncle she doesn’t have to follow protocol, so she could name the new baby pretty much anything she likes?
---
He still has Anne, Edward and Sophie (+ ad hoc appearances from Dukes Kent and Gloucester) as they are still working royals and representatives. That’s not to say William and Kate shouldn’t finally start doing more, but they aren’t the only ones he has to call on.
Agree but for the Royal wedding and any foreign coronations wouldn’t it be more “fitting” for the heir to the throne rather than the monarchs siblings/cousins going?

Question: does Eugenie have to inform the monarch of the birth/name of her child as she did the Queen, or because the King is her uncle she doesn’t have to follow protocol, so she could name the new baby pretty much anything she likes?
---

Agree but for the Royal wedding and any foreign coronations wouldn’t it be more “fitting” for the heir to the throne rather than the monarchs siblings/cousins going?
For the Jordan wedding, I’d imagine that William and Kate were there as much in a personal as in a professional capacity, so them going made sense. I think most of the others represented the Queen at some point for weddings, so you get what you get 😀

I suppose Eugenie would let Charles know out of politeness … and to be fair, August was pretty left field for a royal baby.

Good question but I guess whoever the monarch is has to be told, regardless of their family relationship, they are the monarch. I can’t imagine they’d ever really veto a name these days

Reactions: 1
Good question but I guess whoever the monarch is has to be told, regardless of their family relationship, they are the monarch. I can’t imagine they’d ever really veto a name these days
At what stage does it stop though? Is it to do with place in the LoS or degree of relationship to the monarch.

Not sure Henry will be getting used again anytime soon :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I’d have thought that about Edward but it took George longer to make a first name comeback 😀
Even David was used again super fast.
Suppose they want to change people’s memories of the name nice and fast. Wonder when Andrew will next be in use?

Sarah wanted to call Beatrice 'Annabelle' but the Queen said it was too yuppie!
Princess Margaret was supposed to be called Ann Margaret but King George V didn't like it.

However i'm sure Eugenie would be able to call her baby whatever she wants as the baby would only be King Charles great niece or nephew.

Self confessed Tiara and all things sparkly lover here 😀
I still can’t understand why having a bespoke headpiece/faux tiara made especially for the coronation was deemed more ‘sustainable and less ostentatious’ than popping to the vault and wearing the real thing you which you already have. Queen Mary concurs.
I didn’t understand that at all, but I do think the Royal Family have decided that tiaras are not the way forward and so they will be seen a lot less. But they are beautiful works of art (to me anyway).

I love a tiara but I think they’d be better off doing something with them if they aren’t going to ever wear them. There are so many in the royal vaults, at least loan them to the tower or a museum and put them on display or something. It seems such a waste to have all these stunning jewels hidden away never to be seen just so they can appear “relatable”

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.