Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
“Woman looks after her own children”. Wow. And everyone knows about it. 🙄
I cannot for the life of me understand the forelock tugging and arse licking for the royal family in general and this woman in particular. It’s just baffling.
A few posts back you criticised her and said she didn’t do the school run. Another poster has said she does and now you are criticising her for doing it! 🙄 Make up your mind. 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Lammington

VIP Member
Prince Louis reminds me of those children that always have the be the centre of attention.
He's a 5 year old who's the youngest of 3. Unless he was very shy, wanting to (and being used to) have attention on him is basically the default setting.

It's also worth remembering that whether he wants the attention or not, he was assigned the "cute troublemaker" label by the press whilst too young to have developed decent impulse control, so people are now looking for those behaviours. If he sits quietly for an hour, then messes about for five minutes, it's that five minutes that will show up in gifs, videos, and articles.

Reactions: 34

MoodyBlue

VIP Member
6 years ago, I had my mammogram appointment through the post. It wasn't convenient as I was going through personal problems at the time, so I decided not to bother.
I kept getting a nagging voice in my head that I was lucky to live in a country that offers screening every 3 years, so should take advantage of this and rearrange.

They discovered a lump of 14 mm, so could have a lumpectomy and radiotherapy plus 5 years of medication. Thank God I did rearrange the appointment.

I live in South Wales and my local hospital has a state of the art breast cancer centre where I received the best treatment on our NHS. I couldn't have had better treatment if I'd gone private.

Please attend your screening appointment.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Honeystar

VIP Member
I’m struggling to see any difference. Also, he’s 10, are we really dissecting a 10 year olds appearance?

Reactions: 29

Honeystar

VIP Member
Unfortunatley I think we all have at least one family member somewhere along the tree that we know should we become famous or marry the future King, would be the one talking to the press/causing a drama. I certainly know exactly who mine is! 😂

Personally I am in the camp that Wills married her because he loved her (call me naive if you like!) Do I think they’re some epic love story? No. I think he fell for a girl who turned out to be perfect for the role of his wife which made it all a lot easier. I think now they’ve built a life/family/future and are probably both happy and content, if not lit up with chemistry and sexual attraction every 5 minutes.

Reactions: 27

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
Camilla is a snob never liked her and she looked terrified in the coronation and she kept touching her crown in case it fell off. Not very regal of her at all she had no poise.
She looked in agony on coronation day to me. I thought I had read she’d put her back out or something. She doesn’t come across any snobbier to me than any of the rest of them. I always think she comes across as more fun if anything.

jkroche95

VIP Member
Prince Louis reminds me of those children that always have the be the centre of attention.
so a normal 5 year old then?

It's well known and researched that children of that age are self-centred and have difficultly thinking outside of their own viewpoint.

• Haha

hehehe

VIP Member
Why? Rather he took the hit than businesses and creditors. He has his own funds with the Duchy of Cornwall now. Why would anyone object to that? I think he's going to get more flack for not doing it.
LOL! This thread alone has people every few pages foaming at the mouth because "that bitch Kate is using my taxes for hair extensions while I have to work 9-5 with no nannies" {paraphrasing} and you don't think there'd be an uproar if William paid off the Middleton's debt? No one is going to take the time to understand where he got the money, they would automatically assume he's used public funds and call for his head on a spike.

Not his business not his problem.

As for the creditors, why should anyone feel bad for them? Default risk is priced into the business of issuing loans - and I am sure they waste no time bankrupting and ruining the lives of average people. If this company was run by John and Jane they would take the loss and shut up not run to the press about feeling "betrayed" lmfao. It's just business. Should have looked at the books instead of clout chasing.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
The trouble with Harry and Meghan is how quickly their relationship moved and I can get that they probably wanted kids and time wasn't on her side but it's a shame he didn't meet her 5 years beforehand so she could have been eased into royal life like Kate obviously was. I saw a clip from the Oprah interview where Meghan was talking about having to learn the words to the National anthem and googling them. Why couldn't Harry just teach her it? He's been singing it his whole life! That's what I don't get about those two that it's all someone else's fault. If I was her I would be pissed off at Harry throwing me in at the deep end. Same with the not knowing she had to curtsey when meeting the Queen. That's something he could easily have told her, so it's all very eye rolling!

Reactions: 25

travelbug20

The reality is I just don't think Meghan had the right personality to marry the spare, that's not a criticism or bad thing, just reality. You get people like Sophie or even Anne and to be honest probably Kate if she was honest who are happy to play a supporting role, do their own thing, stick to what's expected in return for a quiet and pampered life. Then there are people like Meghan who are more ambitious and driven and who strive to be the best, the top dog etc. The world wouldn't work without both types of people but the latter was never going to work in what could only ever be a supporting role.

The fact is though Harry didn't prepare her anywhere near enough. From reading Spare it was clear she only visited him in the UK a handful of times before they got engaged so how could she ever have truly understood what she was letting herself in for. They split their time between London, Toronto and Africa and the time she did spend in the UK was mainly spent at Soho House and nights in at Nottingham Cottage...she never got to see how the trappings and protocol worked, she never got to watch from the sidelines like Kate did.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I never bought this either, I fully believe Harry didn’t prepare her though because he didn’t want her to run away. Kate and Williams 10 year relationship before marriage is a prime example that they learned from throwing Diana in the deep end the way they did. I think they didn’t coddle her the way she wanted and she mistook posh person, British coldness for uncaring.
I blame Harry for the whole debacle tbh. Whatever Meghan's motives were are debatable but Harry was fully aware of what was in store and expected. He really is thick as mince, incredibly selfish and spoilt.

Reactions: 24

stardust21

VIP Member
True. Blows the 'just like like us stuff' out of the water
What’s the point in a Royal Family if they’re just like us? They can be relatable and empathetic without being just like us. They’ll never be like us, they own palaces.

They’ve never pretended they don’t have staff, they’ve just wanted to be a lot more hands on with their own kids than royal parents of old, which can only benefit their kids.

Reactions: 23

elliebee27

VIP Member
He has his own personal vendetta against freedom of press and speech - that's what this is truly about - not about hacking, but about how not everyone worships the ground he (and Meghan) walk on. He only cared once he was married to Meghan and people started seeing how they truly are, and criticized them - that's why he is so pissed. He's bashed the first amendment, calling it bonkers, and has ties to organizations that want to stifle free speech. What a paragon. Once he started getting derailed by his own actions rather than the Palace PR machine controlling him the world saw who he truly is - a puerile, stupid, arrogant man like his uncle.

He IS a thicko, he does drugs, he is always never ever responsible and it's always someone else's fault because they're SO MEAN to him. The delusions of grandeur are amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Yel

Chatty Member
People say that she hit the ground running but I think what actually happened was what you described. She loved the attention and the limelight and the positive reactions and she kept going out to get them - it wasn't work to her in the same way that it's work to Kate. Kate and William have always given the impression that they'd rather just be at home with family and they're not interested in celebrity friendships whereas Meghan loved that side of royalty and that made her a tabloid dream.
I don't think she really understood what being a royal would involve at the start. That story about her being outraged that gifts sent to her were returned seems credible.

She saw being royalty as higher level of celebrity. When in reality yes it's lots of privilege and fame, but it's not without it's trappings.

Harry should have explained more what the life would be and Meghan should of taken up the queen's advice to be guided by Sophie.

The penny dropped probably way before the wedding but it still all went ahead.

No one accidentally befriends a range of people like piers Morgan, Tanya burr and made in Chelsea types unless they have big ambitions.

Their half in and half out stuff was totally unworkable. They can't do royal stuff occasionally to maintain the profile and in-between this sell themselves out to whoever writes the biggest cheque. In the documentary they acted that the royal family was stupid to not go for this deal with all the free value they'll add 🙄.

Reactions: 22

neroli

VIP Member
All I can say is people who suspect that Louis has "autism or ADHD" should spend an hour with a 5 year old who has been diagnosed with either condition to get things in perspective..

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
It's curious, Farage actually stopped me voting leave with his reprehensible posters and bigoted rhetoric, and I am sure there are many like me. I have never liked the EU and would normally have voted leave at the drop of a hat. I regret voting remain now, the moral highgrounding of SOME remainers is utterly sick making and I do not want to be associated with it. Plus the beastly Farage seems to have pretty much disappeared up his own fundament anyway.
As an aside my parents had the same problem with the original Common Market vote, they were naturally anti Europe as they were worried the Commonwealth would lose out. Unfortunately Tony Benn and Enoch Powell, both of whom they loathed said "vote no", so they voted yes, and came to regret it.
Sorry, Brexit has been an absolute unmitigated catastrophe for this country and you regret voting REMAIN ?!

• Heart

CarmenGhia

VIP Member
If even half of Meghan's stories about how unprepared and unsupported she was are true, it shows that Harry is a terrible partner/husband. He has a therapist, his mother had a therapist, he would have known exactly what to do to get her access to mental health support. Either a stay in a discreet clinic or an on-call psychiatric nurse at home if necessary. It could have been spun to the media as "the Duchess requiring some medical treatment relating to her pregnancy."

Apparently Princess Margaret had ECT at some point.

F1Grid

VIP Member
Thing is, Harry probably was hacked. Plenty of people around him were, so he likely also was.

But he's thick as pig shit, so he's gone on the stand and blabbered about how sad the stories made him instead. He's also somehow managed to pick a load of stories that were printed by other outlets first, so the Mirror has a completely reasonable explanation of 'we lifted the story from other outlets'. He's pissed off the judge by not turning up day 1, he's tried to flip questions onto the silk cross examining him, and then sounded like a conspiracy theorist by saying that even if the Mirror lifted the story from somewhere else they'd also have had to hack him to get more info that they then didn't bother to publish.

He's got an enemy as blatantly vile as the tabloid press, they probably did do what he's accused them of, and yet he's got the rare talent to thoroughly balls it up by playing billy big bollocks, waltzing onto the stand unprepared, and thinking a Diana mention would win everyone over. Absolute idiot.

• Heart
Reactions: 19