The Royal Family #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is probably an awful question to be posing, but what kind of funeral do you think Camilla will have one day? 😬 Obviously Phillips was a covid funeral although I gather he didn’t want a big event anyway whilst the Queen Mothers was a bit of different scenario, she was pretty beloved and had been around forever. I just can’t imagine people lining the streets for Camilla and think they would be much better doing something small scale like Phillips (with more attendees of course) but if she goes first I could see Charles wanting to give her the full works. For what it’s worth, I think Phillip had the best send of, it was so intimate that it felt very personal to him as well as the touches such as the land rover

Edited to add- I forgot the QM laid in state too, could you imagine that for Camilla? Technically she would be entitled to it I presume but I’m not sure it would be a particularly well attended event

Reactions: 4
This is probably an awful question to be posing, but what kind of funeral do you think Camilla will have one day? 😬 Obviously Phillips was a covid funeral although I gather he didn’t want a big event anyway whilst the Queen Mothers was a bit of different scenario, she was pretty beloved and had been around forever. I just can’t imagine people lining the streets for Camilla and think they would be much better doing something small scale like Phillips (with more attendees of course) but if she goes first I could see Charles wanting to give her the full works. For what it’s worth, I think Phillip had the best send of, it was so intimate that it felt very personal to him as well as the touches such as the land rover

Edited to add- I forgot the QM laid in state too, could you imagine that for Camilla? Technically she would be entitled to it I presume but I’m not sure it would be a particularly well attended event
I don't think Camilla would want a big state affair. She knows many don't like her and so i'm assuming it will be smaller, family centred and maybe a service of thanksgiving or something.

Reactions: 10
I don't think Camilla would want a big state affair. She knows many don't like her and so i'm assuming it will be smaller, family centred and maybe a service of thanksgiving or something.
I hope she knows that there are plenty of us who do like her!

Reactions: 17
Camilla also has kids and grandkids that aren't royal, I don't imagine she'd be OK with a funeral that places them as lesser than the royals.
I imagine it'll be a smaller, more private affair to allow them to grieve for her without a public looking on and judging.

Reactions: 10
Yes I was thinking about her family when I posed the question. I think there’s possibility it would be a private/family and close friends only funeral similar to Phillips with a service of thanksgiving with reps from her charities etc later on. At the risk of sounding like the grim reaper I do think she’ll sadly go before Charles

Reactions: 1
Maybe a private funeral with close friends and family at Windsor. I get the feeling she wouldn’t want a fuss like Prince Philip

Camilla is a snob never liked her and she looked terrified in the coronation and she kept touching her crown in case it fell off. Not very regal of her at all she had no poise.
I like her. But got to admit the bar was pretty low for me after crazepot Diana. Anyone stable would have been welcome after all that lunacy 😵💫 Probably would have taken him shacking up with Lady C for me to feel differently tbh 😅

So now, yeah, I’m envisaging that scenario…!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I thought this had been banned from being shown but just noticed it on YouTube if anyone is interested.

Reactions: 7
Question: does Eugenie have to inform the monarch of the birth/name of her child as she did the Queen, or because the King is her uncle she doesn’t have to follow protocol, so she could name the new baby pretty much anything she likes?
I thought it was related to the line of succession but Google tells me that Buckingham Palace has never confirmed it’s the case, with sources stressing it’s more of an informal situation. I think the then Prince Charles suggested Zara’s name, so I don’t think it’s that every fringe member of The Firm can only have George / William / Louis / Charlotte / Elizabeth in varying combinations. That said, Google served an amusing tidbit. Apparently, Harry only told QEII that they wanted to name their daughter after her, and not the actual name. She was expecting Elizabeth!

Harry’s kids’ names definitely remind me of terrible Netflix Christmas specials set in European royalty. They all have ridiculous names that don’t even sound British.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Good question but I guess whoever the monarch is has to be told, regardless of their family relationship, they are the monarch. I can’t imagine they’d ever really veto a name these days
Hope not, I've got a fiver on "Jayden Kai". 🤞

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sarah wanted to call Beatrice 'Annabelle' but the Queen said it was too yuppie!
Princess Margaret was supposed to be called Ann Margaret but King George V didn't like it.

However i'm sure Eugenie would be able to call her baby whatever she wants as the baby would only be King Charles great niece or nephew.
He/she could well be named January or Tuesday?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I would personally imagine the whole monarch must agree the name thing was more something the queen upheld and they all did it out of respect. I can’t see Charles giving two hoots about what Eugenie calls her child, other than wanting to know the baby and mum are well etc how any uncle/human being would. I think a lot of those slightly strange traditions will die now with the late queen

Reactions: 8
I would personally imagine the whole monarch must agree the name thing was more something the queen upheld and they all did it out of respect. I can’t see Charles giving two hoots about what Eugenie calls her child, other than wanting to know the baby and mum are well etc how any uncle/human being would. I think a lot of those slightly strange traditions will die now with the late queen
After a certain number of nieces, nephews, great nieces, and great nephews, what are the odds of Charles remembering their names, let alone wanting to approve them?

• Heart
Ernest George Ronnie Brooksbank is what Eugenie went with.
Not keen.
I assume Ronnie is after her maternal grandfather Major Ronald Ferguson.
Edit: Jack’s father is called George. I suppose Eugenie couldn’t use her own father’s name and she’d already used Philip so used Sara’s father’s name instead.

• Sick
Reactions: 2
August and Ernest? Does she dislike her sons?
Ronnie? Is he a middle aged criminal from the 1970s?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.