The Royal Family #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
August and Ernest? Does she dislike her sons?
Ronnie? Is he a middle aged criminal from the 1970s?
Queen Victoria’s naughty Uncle the Duke of Cumberland was Ernest Augustus.

(why Ronnie. I appreciated its after her maternal grandfather but just call the poor little thing Ronald. Ernie Georgie Ronnie sounds like the cast of a silent movie caper).

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Not keen.
I assume Ronnie is after her maternal grandfather Major Ronald Ferguson.
Edit: Jack’s father is called George. I suppose Eugenie couldn’t use her own father’s name and she’d already used Philip so used Sara’s father’s name instead.
Surely saying he’s named after his Grandpa George would suffice?!

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Can't see there being a flurry of copycat Ernests in this years crop of newborn boys but at least she didn't call him Jeffrey

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I personally would have had 'Ronald' in full as opposed to Ronnie since unless they plan to call him by that middle name, it might as well be the full name. I get using a shorter version of a name as the first name of you really don't like the full name but not so much the middle name.

But then maybe Eugenie and Jack do prefer Ronnie to Ronald and just didn't want to see the full form on his full legal name. Then again, it is after Fergie's Dad who was Ronald and not Ronnie on his birth certificate.
---
Has she said where August and Ernest come from?
Ernest George was a relative of Jack's and the George is also in honour of George V. August was after Prince Consort Albert cause August or Augustus was in his name somewhere.

Reactions: 7
I personally would have had 'Ronald' in full as opposed to Ronnie since unless they plan to call him by that middle name, it might as well be the full name. I get using a shorter version of a name as the first name of you really don't like the full name but not so much the middle name.

But then maybe Eugenie and Jack do prefer Ronnie to Ronald and just didn't want to see the full form on his full legal name. Then again, it is after Fergie's Dad who was Ronald and not Ronnie on his birth certificate.
I’m the other way round, tbh. At least full names for first names gives the child some choice (although, lol, Ronald as a first name would give strong Weasley vibes).

• Heart
I think if you call someone a full name you/they can always use a shortened version or nickname or the long version. If you use the abbreviation then they have to use that. All about keeping options open but then I suppose for a middle name you’ll never really use it

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Definitely. It also seems odd she’s used George when her cousins son is called George!
The Waleses gave George the middle name Louis and used Louis again for their second son. That's more odd.

For what it's worth, I have two cousins with the first name Thomas. Both mums were my dad's sisters. I don't know what they were thinking.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
The Waleses gave George the middle name Louis and used Louis again for their second son. That's more odd.

For what it's worth, I have two cousins with the first name Thomas. Both mums were my dad's sisters. I don't know what they were thinking.
And Andrew has Edward as his fourth name and just a couple of years later it’s brought out again for actual Edward (Edward also gets a Louis)

Edward VIII also had George as one of his names, which was used as one of the names for George VI as well and the actual name of their brother the Duke of Kent. Albert was used a couple of times as well (first given name of George VI and fourth name of Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester) I suppose when you are playing with a pretty limited name palate and insist on giving everyone at least 3 or 4 names there is going to be some overlap.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

The Irish side of my family seem to have every cousin with the same first name, I think the push for kids to have names that stand out and are "original" hasn't broken into more traditional spaces.

Reactions: 3
So Harry couldn't be arsed to come to the opening of his own court case despite being specifically instructed to attend by the Judge.

Annoying the judge on day 1 is an even more idiotic move than you'd usually expect from him.

Reactions: 15
I do wonder what would happen if a “normal” person didn’t turn up when the judge was expecting you and used the excuse that you were at a 2nd birthday party the day before…

• Haha
Reactions: 13
From the look of what's been released, the case seems to be heavily based around speculation, so he may have realised it's a losing case and be using it solely to get headlines. Not an ideal PR strategy, but if your case isn't strong enough to win, keeping a judge sweet isn't likely to help.

Did the royals social media pages acknowledge Lili’s birthday - I didn’t see anything

Did the royals social media pages acknowledge Lili’s birthday - I didn’t see anything
They didn't post for George, Charlotte, Louis or Archie's birthday either. So not strange that they didn't post for Lilibet.

Sounds like Harry’s destroying his own case in court.

He’s said newspaper editors have caused people to die, every single article ever written about him causes distress, he doesn’t remember most of the articles in the case, he thinks belief he took his parents divorce badly had to be due to phone hacking despite it being a normal thing for people to assume and Diana saying it herself, admits that there’s very little evidence of phone hacking, that people saying he was a thicko druggie made him do drugs…

He’s also decided to bring Piers Morgan into his witness statement, despite Morgan not being involved in proceedings. The newspapers weren’t wrong to call him a thicko.
---
FF5C4644-DBFC-4ACE-8E1B-82856E93A658.jpeg

Christ.

F797F9D9-9EF4-405F-9FB9-834ACC5DAC23.jpeg

This is extra funny to me though.

Last edited:
Sounds like Harry’s destroying his own case in court.

He’s said newspaper editors have caused people to die, every single article ever written about him causes distress, he doesn’t remember most of the articles in the case, he thinks belief he took his parents divorce badly had to be due to phone hacking despite it being a normal thing for people to assume and Diana saying it herself, admits that there’s very little evidence of phone hacking, that people saying he was a thicko druggie made him do drugs…

He’s also decided to bring Piers Morgan into his witness statement, despite Morgan not being involved in proceedings. The newspapers weren’t wrong to call him a thicko.
There is very wide latitude in witness statements for civil cases. He is free to mention the appalling Mr. Morgan, he is free to mention death (his mother's, I assume) and the Mirror's barrister is free to question him on it. Perhaps you are forgetting that he doesn't actually need to 'prove' anything. All he needs to do is establish that on the balance of probability the Mirror was using illegal means to acquire information. As the Mirror has already admitted doing it at least once they don't really have much of a leg to stand on.
Having been on the receiving end of being dorrstepped by the Mail when trying to take my small daughter to nursery complete with camera flashes, shouting etc., and then having the horrible experience of a completely distorted and untrue article written about a friend and myself in the Mail on Sunday I can say, hand on heart that it felt utterly violating. The idea of going through most of your life feeling that way makes me want to throw up. The media in this country is an absolute disgrace and it's time there was a crackdown. I hope Harry and the others in this case win, and win big.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.