The Royal Family #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
9DF096A2-1CF0-45EE-9321-25F51B251D4E.jpeg

Interesting! Apparently you have to register interest 3 years before they would be due to start age 13 so I guess the timing makes sense (not that I imagine they would reject the future King)

Eton is an interesting if not unexpected choice

Reactions: 3
View attachment 2256278
Interesting! Apparently you have to register interest 3 years before they would be due to start age 13 so I guess the timing makes sense (not that I imagine they would reject the future King)

Eton is an interesting if not unexpected choice
Why is it an interesting choice as it’s where William went, so makes sense to me?

Reactions: 4
Is there an option for them to not board there? They'll have no excuse to not work more otherwise!
I’m sure he’ll board as William and Catherine did. I don’t think they use excuses not to work but then I do like them, so you won’t find me criticising them!

Reactions: 11
Weekly boarding maybe and home for weekends. It is walking distance!
Eton is full time boarding only, so no weekly or day pupils allowed. Obviously a royal could get special treatment or allowed home for occasions.

Reactions: 1
I think this is (a large) part of the reason behind the move to Windsor. They went to boarding school and obviously enjoyed it otherwise they wouldn’t send him to boarding school, plus it’s near the castle so they/he are close by so he’s not “abandoned” far from home.

Didn’t HMTLQ want to send KCIII to Eton but PP overruled her and sent him to Gordonstoun?

Reactions: 8
I think this is (a large) part of the reason behind the move to Windsor. They went to boarding school and obviously enjoyed it otherwise they wouldn’t send him to boarding school, plus it’s near the castle so they/he are close by so he’s not “abandoned” far from home.

Didn’t HMTLQ want to send KCIII to Eton but PP overruled her and sent him to Gordonstoun?
I thought William (not sure about Harry) 'popped' into Windsor Castle at the weekends to see HMTQ?

Charles also wanted to send Harry to a more active school like Gordonstoun whereas Diana wanted him to be with William at Eton. I think Harry would have been happier at Gordonstoun.

Reactions: 14
Eton is full time boarding only, so no weekly or day pupils allowed. Obviously a royal could get special treatment or allowed home for occasions.
Oh I didn’t realise that. I thought William stayed at Windsor at weekends although I must be misremembering that. Maybe he just went once a week for tea with the Queen!

Oh I didn’t realise that. I thought William stayed at Windsor at weekends although I must be misremembering that. Maybe he just went once a week for tea with the Queen!
He did!! I think he was starting lessons in “what ever the queen was taught by professors as a child”

Reactions: 3
Why is it an interesting choice as it’s where William went, so makes sense to me?
Makes sense as the future king etc but for some reason I expected William and Kate to go a different route. Eton is the pinnacle of privilege and they seem to have been trying to step away from that publicly at least. Saying that, William was obviously happy there and the good thing is that it affords George a sense of normality as a future king isn’t even that exciting to the types of circles you get at Eton

Makes sense as the future king etc but for some reason I expected William and Kate to go a different route. Eton is the pinnacle of privilege and they seem to have been trying to step away from that publicly at least. Saying that, William was obviously happy there and the good thing is that it affords George a sense of normality as a future king isn’t even that exciting to the types of circles you get at Eton
That will be the deciding factor for William. If he was happy there and has fond memories then it is were he will send his son.

Unlike Prince Philip, who sent Charles to Gordunstoun because he thought he needed toughening up, I think William will be a lot more aware of Georges needs and personality.

Reactions: 14
If they are going down the single sex school route, I wonder where Charlotte will go? Eugenie went to Marlborough (as did Kate) but thats a co-ed school, Louise went to St Marys but that's Catholic! Zara went to Gordonstoun.
Lots of options so will be interesting to see where they pick.

Reactions: 1

''Three-quarters of a century after Windrush, Britain has embraced a multi-racial society. We don’t care what colour someone’s skin is. We don’t give a fig about interracial marriages. One in six of us has a foreign-born parent.''

If everything is so rosy considering ethnic relations and multiculturalism in GB, then why did Brexit happen? I remember Daily mail articles about immigration and the comments below. Thousand and thousands of opinions that all boiled down to ''lets 'get our country back''.

Charles also wanted to send Harry to a more active school like Gordonstoun whereas Diana wanted him to be with William at Eton. I think Harry would have been happier at Gordonstoun.
I agree it would have been more his cup of tea and Eton would have suited Charles more.

Reactions: 5

''Three-quarters of a century after Windrush, Britain has embraced a multi-racial society. We don’t care what colour someone’s skin is. We don’t give a fig about interracial marriages. One in six of us has a foreign-born parent.''

If everything is so rosy considering ethnic relations and multiculturalism in GB, then why did Brexit happen? I remember Daily mail articles about immigration and the comments below. Thousand and thousands of opinions that all boiled down to ''lets 'get our country back''.
To me it often sounded more like a „get our country back“ from the bureaucracy in Brussels. Have their been racist and xenophobic reasons as well? Sure. But I am not convinced that was the majority. At least not from what I read and heard personally from the few Brexiteers I know.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
To me it often sounded more like a „get our country back“ from the bureaucracy in Brussels. Have their been racist and xenophobic reasons as well? Sure. But I am not convinced that was the majority. At least not from what I read and heard personally from the few Brexiteers I know.
Oh I think there was a huge racist element to Brexit. Don’t you remember Farage’s disgusting poster about the billions of Turkish people waiting to invade our shores? I heard people saying that they were voting for it because there were “too many brown faces manning the tills at Tesco”. Obviously these people were too bloody stupid to realise that if we stopped people coming from Europe then we’d have to look further afield. Not every person who voted for Brexit was necessarily a racist. But I’m positive that every racist voted for Brexit.

Reactions: 18
Oh trust me. Round these parts it was very flag of St George, England for the English, get our jobs that no one actually wants to do back. A most unedifying time.
Like everything there were layers - but that was a very big one.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.