The Royal Family #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2256278
Interesting! Apparently you have to register interest 3 years before they would be due to start age 13 so I guess the timing makes sense (not that I imagine they would reject the future King)

Eton is an interesting if not unexpected choice
If they start at 13 what do they do for years 7 and 8? Seems odd for even posh schools to have 12 year olds in the same school as 4/5 year olds

If they start at 13 what do they do for years 7 and 8? Seems odd for even posh schools to have 12 year olds in the same school as 4/5 year olds
The school the Wales children go to, Lambrook?, is obviously a feeder school for Eton and the like because they go up to 13 and offer a variety of boarding options.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
They prep them for their common entrance exams. You have to do exams and interviews to be accepted so the children are prepped for that. I went to a school that was for ages 2-18 haha!

Hopefully George is kept grounded. Eton seems like a big bubble and with many people of the same ilk/backgrounds. William does seem fairly grounded, but who knows behind the scenes if he truly is. It's difficult to say he isn't though as it's hard to fake. My issue with the RF, especially the younger members, has always been the bubble they are in. I wonder what George will be like in a few years. I know they won't interview him any time soon, but I don't think I've heard him speak a full sentence.

Reactions: 2
The school the Wales children go to, Lambrook?, is obviously a feeder school for Eton and the like because they go up to 13 and offer a variety of boarding options.
They prep them for their common entrance exams. You have to do exams and interviews to be accepted so the children are prepped for that. I went to a school that was for ages 2-18 haha!
the more you know eh, didn’t even know starting Eton at 13 versus 11 was a thing. Wonder how much of a disaster George would have to do on the exams and interview to be rejected

• Haha
Hopefully George is kept grounded. Eton seems like a big bubble and with many people of the same ilk/backgrounds. William does seem fairly grounded, but who knows behind the scenes if he truly is. It's difficult to say he isn't though as it's hard to fake. My issue with the RF, especially the younger members, has always been the bubble they are in. I wonder what George will be like in a few years. I know they won't interview him any time soon, but I don't think I've heard him speak a full sentence.
kind of off topic
But there's an interesting doc on youtube that was once on sky1. It's about Harrow which is almost as posh as Eton (lol). It follows several boys throughout one year and gives a little insight into what goes on at a posh boarding school.

Reactions: 3
kind of off topic
But there's an interesting doc on youtube that was once on sky1. It's about Harrow which is almost as posh as Eton (lol). It follows several boys throughout one year and gives a little insight into what goes on at a posh boarding school.
Yeah I'm sure i have watched that a few years back. I barely remember it though. Did the lads turn out "normal" or a bit snooty?

Yeah I'm sure i have watched that a few years back. I barely remember it though. Did the lads turn out "normal" or a bit snooty?
half and half 😅 some were on scholarships I think too. I just remember the funny housemaster who babied his dog lol

You can start boarding at 7,11 or 13 depending on the school. Eton starts at 13 however they want the boys registered by the time they are 10 so they can slowly be introduced to each other and the school so it’s not a massive shock on their first day.

Many private schools only go to 13 as they are prep schools for children going to boarding schools or at least traditionally that’s what happened obviously many now go through to 16/18.

It’s a full time boarding school but they get to go home at certain points during the term for the weekend (read Saturday night) so them moving to Windsor castle makes sense.

Plus with the castle there is already an increased police/security presence so they don’t have to make special provisions for him to attend there.

For the most part the princes were left alone at school apart from the tourists hoping to get a picture and let’s be honest it’s as close an experience to “normal” as he’s ever going to get.

His status will mean “less” there than most other schools and he can hardly go the comprehensive down the road. I don’t think William would send him there if he hadn’t enjoyed his time.

It will be interesting to see if Louis goes there or if they send him somewhere that suits his personality depending on what he turns out like, but difficult to know what he’ll be like as he grows up.

Reactions: 6
You can start boarding at 7,11 or 13 depending on the school. Eton starts at 13 however they want the boys registered by the time they are 10 so they can slowly be introduced to each other and the school so it’s not a massive shock on their first day.

Many private schools only go to 13 as they are prep schools for children going to boarding schools or at least traditionally that’s what happened obviously many now go through to 16/18.

It’s a full time boarding school but they get to go home at certain points during the term for the weekend (read Saturday night) so them moving to Windsor castle makes sense.

Plus with the castle there is already an increased police/security presence so they don’t have to make special provisions for him to attend there.

For the most part the princes were left alone at school apart from the tourists hoping to get a picture and let’s be honest it’s as close an experience to “normal” as he’s ever going to get.

His status will mean “less” there than most other schools and he can hardly go the comprehensive down the road. I don’t think William would send him there if he hadn’t enjoyed his time.

It will be interesting to see if Louis goes there or if they send him somewhere that suits his personality depending on what he turns out like, but difficult to know what he’ll be like as he grows up.
Yes , weekends only start on Saturday evenings! Plenty of private schools have lessons on Saturday mornings and then all sports games are played Saturday afternoon. So a weekend is only about 24 hours!

He is 9 years old.

Reactions: 7
Yes , weekends only start on Saturday evenings! Plenty of private schools have lessons on Saturday mornings and then all sports games are played Saturday afternoon. So a weekend is only about 24 hours!
Which is how my 3 ended up at a school which liberated them at 4.30 on a Friday and I didn't have to take them back till Monday morning. I wasn't prepared to lose any more time with them than I absolutely had to. The networking thing is a bit of a myth, for most anyway. You need to be a real extrovert and very sure of yourself to really use it and a lot of us just aren't made that way.

I think it depends on the upbringing and your parents to be honest. I have a lot of friends who went to Oxbridge and apparently the people there are 90% normal and 10% cut throats like Boris Johnson. I think that culture starts at the private schools because they teach you confidence and the idea you can achieve anything you want. It’s on William and Kate to teach their children just how unbelievably privileged they are.

I just hope that if they’re putting him into Eton he is actually academic because the thing that will effect him a lot more is getting bullied for not fitting in, a bit like Charles who wasn’t sporty in the same way as you need to be for Gordonstoun.

I wonder if they will be visiting a few different schools 🤷🏻‍♀️

Eton makes sense for George though as it’s close to their home. But I’m surprised they wouldn’t want to send him to the same school as Charlotte and she can’t attend Eton.

I think Eton will always have been top of their list because William enjoyed relative anonymity there. Plus the local residents will be quite protective towards him so if journalists come asking if they’ve seen him etc they won’t say anything.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if the children that go to university go to St Andrews again because W&C had a “private” life there.

Reactions: 6
I think Eton will always have been top of their list because William enjoyed relative anonymity there. Plus the local residents will be quite protective towards him so if journalists come asking if they’ve seen him etc they won’t say anything.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if the children that go to university go to St Andrews again because W&C had a “private” life there.
I agree about St Andrews. Lady Louise is at St Andrews now, so it does still seem to be a favourite with the family.

Reactions: 2
Enjoyed seeing the Royal Family arrive at Ascot this afternoon. Kate looks great in red. The P&P of Wales arrived with Beatrice and her husband.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.