The Royal Family #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it would be more concerning if he didn't show a bit of character and just sat there quietly without reacting to anything? I like seeing all the children at these official events and they appear happy to be included which is all that matters really.
I think you can see a change in TRF already since Charles became King. The balcony most definitely isn't as formal as it was when TQ was alive. Seeing William with his hands on Charlottes shoulders and Louis being Louis and no one batting an eyelid. Loved his little salute.

Reactions: 10
It’s probably more noticeable becaise ther are fewer up there, but there’s been balconies with Mia and Savannah egging each other on and pulling focus and George has waved at plane and chatted to The Queen .

I think you can see a change in TRF already since Charles became King. The balcony most definitely isn't as formal as it was when TQ was alive. Seeing William with his hands on Charlottes shoulders and Louis being Louis and no one batting an eyelid. Loved his little salute.
Yesss! I've been wondering if the tights and nail polish situation might change. 🤔😁

Reactions: 1
I think it would be more concerning if he didn't show a bit of character and just sat there quietly without reacting to anything? I like seeing all the children at these official events and they appear happy to be included which is all that matters really.
Exactly. Honestly, they’re little kids. I don’t know what people expect a 5 year old to do. Most of the royal events are as boring as heck for the grown ups, and some of them go on forever. No wonder they fidget and mess about.

Who's the girl to William's right?
Eloise or Estella Taylor. Their grandfather is Prince Edward Duke of Kent.
---
Good to let children be children and not mini adults.
exactly. I've seen people comment from both sides.. 'oh the children are too naughty and rambunctious, Louis must have adhd' but i've also seen people comment that the children are little robots and so old fashioned looking.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I think George seems to be getting much more comfortable in public which is lovely to see. He always seemed quite shy and reserved, and who can blame him when you're a child and there are hundreds of eyes gawking and waving at you. But at the past few events he's seemed much more at ease as he's growing up, especially at the coronation and this weekend. I do think William and Kate have done a great job at slowly introducing him to it all so he gets used to it, whilst still letting him be a kid.

Reactions: 13
I think George seems to be getting much more comfortable in public which is lovely to see. He always seemed quite shy and reserved, and who can blame him when you're a child and there are hundreds of eyes gawking and waving at you. But at the past few events he's seemed much more at ease as he's growing up, especially at the coronation and this weekend. I do think William and Kate have done a great job at slowly introducing him to it all so he gets used to it, whilst still letting him be a kid.
I agree, I saw a marked difference in him at the Coronation, seemed very poised and confident in his important role of supporting his grandfather. Then on the balcony with the other pages, he seemed to be having a whale of a time.

Reactions: 3
I agree, I saw a marked difference in him at the Coronation, seemed very poised and confident in his important role of supporting his grandfather. Then on the balcony with the other pages, he seemed to be having a whale of a time.
I have a feeling the coronation role has done him the world of good in that regard. You could see how seriously he was taking it and now he’s done that without a hitch, processions and trooping etc are a breeze. He looked like he was actually enjoying trooping on Saturday which was great (as he’ll have plenty more to go to 😂)

It will be very interesting how George’s path will continue. If you look around it’s very obvious that female heirs get taken to engagements a lot earlier. Estelle, Elisabeth, Amalia, Leonore and Ingrid have all done work engagements with the monarch or their parents from quite a young age, while their male „colleagues“ are way less visible- Christian and George. We do know that the women are probably all at least bi-lingual and Leonore is definitely three lingual if I am not mistaken.
I get easing George into it. Absolutely! But exposure and practice is also not a bad idea. It’s all about balance. And the women most definitely get a feel for ordinary life as well- as ordinary as the ultra rich high profile life can be.

The Queen looking better than I’ve seen her for ages at Ascot today. Princess Anne looks great too. Not sure what to make of Zara’s flowery coat/shift dress thingy. Nice, but wrong for the occasion, I think.

The Queen looking better than I’ve seen her for ages at Ascot today. Princess Anne looks great too. Not sure what to make of Zara’s flowery coat/shift dress thingy. Nice, but wrong for the occasion, I think.
I don't like it. I think it's too frumpy.

Reactions: 1
I don’t like Zara’s dress. She was laughing when she had to curtsy to Charles after kissing him on each cheek! I wonder if some of them forget they now have to curtsy to him?!

I actually think Zara looks terrible most of the time. She comes across as the type who's more interested in wearing a pair of joggers and a t shirt.

Reactions: 2
I don’t like Zara’s dress. She was laughing when she had to curtsy to Charles after kissing him on each cheek! I wonder if some of them forget they now have to curtsy to him?!
They've always had to curtsey to him, that hasn't changed.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.