The Royal Family #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To me it often sounded more like a „get our country back“ from the bureaucracy in Brussels. Have their been racist and xenophobic reasons as well? Sure. But I am not convinced that was the majority. At least not from what I read and heard personally from the few Brexiteers I know.
Telling us what shape our cucumbers should be. Outlawing certain weights and measures. Basically trying to rub out the uniqueness of each country.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh I think there was a huge racist element to Brexit. Don’t you remember Farage’s disgusting poster about the billions of Turkish people waiting to invade our shores? I heard people saying that they were voting for it because there were “too many brown faces manning the tills at Tesco”. Obviously these people were too bloody stupid to realise that if we stopped people coming from Europe then we’d have to look further afield. Not every person who voted for Brexit was necessarily a racist. But I’m positive that every racist voted for Brexit.
It's curious, Farage actually stopped me voting leave with his reprehensible posters and bigoted rhetoric, and I am sure there are many like me. I have never liked the EU and would normally have voted leave at the drop of a hat. I regret voting remain now, the moral highgrounding of SOME remainers is utterly sick making and I do not want to be associated with it. Plus the beastly Farage seems to have pretty much disappeared up his own fundament anyway.
As an aside my parents had the same problem with the original Common Market vote, they were naturally anti Europe as they were worried the Commonwealth would lose out. Unfortunately Tony Benn and Enoch Powell, both of whom they loathed said "vote no", so they voted yes, and came to regret it.

• Sad
It's curious, Farage actually stopped me voting leave with his reprehensible posters and bigoted rhetoric, and I am sure there are many like me. I have never liked the EU and would normally have voted leave at the drop of a hat. I regret voting remain now, the moral highgrounding of SOME remainers is utterly sick making and I do not want to be associated with it. Plus the beastly Farage seems to have pretty much disappeared up his own fundament anyway.
As an aside my parents had the same problem with the original Common Market vote, they were naturally anti Europe as they were worried the Commonwealth would lose out. Unfortunately Tony Benn and Enoch Powell, both of whom they loathed said "vote no", so they voted yes, and came to regret it.
Sorry, Brexit has been an absolute unmitigated catastrophe for this country and you regret voting REMAIN ?!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My friend and I once watched a series about parliament. Think it was on the BBC 🤔
Anyway we were horrified what hoops had to be jumped through by decent MPs to enact change. Even down to sleeping outside a parliament door the night before.
There needs to be total change with Parliament

Reactions: 1
Just to prove I can say something nice about the Royals- Zara Tindall looks really lovely today. ( Shame about the husband 😉)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It seems I haven’t been experiencing a major sentiment around Brexit. I am not living in the UK or can vote on anything there so my exposure was pretty limited but still not as small as I have lots of family there. I will say, it was worrying to see how deeply divisive and polarising the vote was. Only in the last year or so people seem to get over it in terms of relationships.
RE Eton: Wiliam seems to have enjoyed his experience there and Kate went to Malborough so they both might think it’s a valuable experience. And those elite schools certainly open up a network for you. I will say I am surprised. I wouldn’t have bet on boarding before the age of 15/16. At this rate they won’t have children in the house in 6 years. There goes this excuse for low engagement number…..

Reactions: 3
You’d be sitting exams at 15/16. The latest you should be moving schools (ideally) is year 9, age 13/14. It’s more usually at around age 11, hence the 11+.

You’d be sitting exams at 15/16. The latest you should be moving schools (ideally) is year 9, age 13/14. It’s more usually at around age 11, hence the 11+.
It's really common to start a new private school at 13. Most prep schools finish at 13 and many senior schools (especially boarding) start at 13. Although some allow entry at 7 or 11.

The 11 plus is mostly for getting into grammar schools. Private schools generally use a common entrance exam.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.