The Royal Family #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t blame him! Must be infuriating to have phones constantly shoved in your face when you’re trying to make small talk with strangers 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️ I got so annoyed at everyone lining the streets to see the Queen’s coffin go by and it was just a sea of phones and iPads. It was bloody disrespectful, and it wasn’t like there would be no video footage of it 🙄
I've just been watching Paul O'Gradys funeral (yes I'm that far behind 🥴), and I was shocked at people blatantly pointing phones in his husband Andre's face as he was sat next to the carriage driver. Especially as he was crying.
Some people have just been dragged up 🙄
---
Oops! Charlotte getting bolshy! 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Does anyone have any thoughts on William’s homelessness campaign? As detailed in the Sunday Times. I had great hopes when I read the headline but as I got further into the interview, it all got vaguer and vaguer. I would really love it if he managed to achieve something with it. But I do think it all sounds a bit Kate and early years at the moment.

If anyone knows more than me about the subject and his involvement and can lessen my cynicism then please do spill. If he could do something about homelessness, it would be a huge deal but I am not convinced so far.

I actually think that it was really mean of Kensington to release the Father's Day pic on the same day as the King's first Trooping. They perhaps need a reminder that the King and then the Queen's publicity should take priority and the other Royals (even the Wales) should be working around that. I also think that William's supposed campaign to end homelessness is nothing but pathetic word salad - it's little better than the Harkle's word salad nonsense - it's okay for him to say that he cares about people being homeless, but to say that he plans to end it just comes across as grandiose and self-serving. I've actually been falling out of love with the Wales a bit since they became the Wales. They are getting too big for their boots.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I actually think that it was really mean of Kensington to release the Father's Day pic on the same day as the King's first Trooping. They perhaps need a reminder that the King and then the Queen's publicity should take priority and the other Royals (even the Wales) should be working around that.
They can’t really help that it’s Fathers Day today. Buckingham Palace made the choice to move Trooping of the Colour. They haven’t posted it on their social media, and all of the images that get released are embargoed until 10pm the day before because that’s when the front pages of the newspapers are released. Their agreement with the press is that the press leaves them alone and they release pictures at the same time each year.

Does anyone have any thoughts on William’s homelessness campaign? As detailed in the Sunday Times. I had great hopes when I read the headline but as I got further into the interview, it all got vaguer and vaguer. I would really love it if he managed to achieve something with it. But I do think it all sounds a bit Kate and early years at the moment.

If anyone knows more than me about the subject and his involvement and can lessen my cynicism then please do spill. If he could do something about homelessness, it would be a huge deal but I am not convinced so far.
I read the article and thought it was interesting that they’ve released it a few weeks before they could actually reveal what the article was about… seemed a bit fluffy.

I’m interested to see what he comes out with in a few weeks though. It could be like the Princes Trust if he does it right. It equally could be crap.

He comes across as very passionate so we will see!

Reactions: 8

Yes, plenty, and none of them are positive. It’s absolute flannel. Surely no one genuinely believes he’s going to achieve anything?
I think it’s just the latest attempt by them to appear as if they know what things are like for “normal” people, but they don’t have a clue. Hasn’t it been reported recently they’ve been complaining that Adelaide Cottage is too small for them?
I mean, come on now.
1687072487031.jpeg

Reactions: 10
I’ll pass judgement on the homelessness project when we actually know what it is. I DO however appreciate what he said about grand gestures and this needing to be something that’s sustainable and lasts rather than giving people hope and then taking it away. If he really is planning to turn duchy properties into social housing then that needs to be planned potentially for years to make sure it’s done right and he’s only be in charge for 9 months….

I do think their comms team is awful though. Eg Kate has just launched a new grant that has paid for a trial of a new system for health visitors after she saw it in action in Denmark but you had to go digging to find that out

Reactions: 7
Re the homeless thing, I am a cynical old bat. Of course his desire to help the homeless is commendable, and God knows they need help, they have done for, well, ever. That being said, this is a very sudden announcement and why right now? If he is genuinely set on 'ending homelessness' why hasn't he done anything actually useful so far? He's had years to plan what he'd like to do on becoming PoW and taking over the duchy, years when he could have been visibly planning and demonstrating what he would like to do. A couple of decades to get things moving and make a start. I'm afraid helping out in soup kitchens a couple of times, helping sell the Big Issue ditto and speaking to a few homeless people just doesn't cut it. Building suitable homes on duchy land would be very nice, of course but there's no meat to his ideas, no hint that he understands the infrastructure required to help the homeless return to a settled life. It is not just a question of finding or building homes, the homeless often have deep seated difficulties that go far beyond having a roof over their heads. He should know that, express it and give at least some hints about how he plans to tackle it.
This is definitely something I would love to be wrong about, and would be very happy to admit to getting it wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Wiliam has been supporting charities around homelessness for over a decade now. Maybe even two. So at least his interest seems to be genuine and a long term commitment. It doesn’t make big headlines though. It’s not a sudden interest and therefore makes more sense than Kate and the Early Years. What comes out of this remains to be seen though. Homelessness is a multifaceted topic and I hope his years of support and the right advisors come up with more than building a few living accommodations.
@Miss Begotten I don’t think the complaints about Adeleide Cottage are true. They chose it. There was no need to place themselves there.
The Father’s Day picture is great. Perfectly set up and selling just the right image.
I do wonder though. Is Charles wary of the massive spotlight on W&C? Because they most definitely are feeding into it. Or does he not care anymore? He was jealous about the hype around Diana but that was over 30 years ago. And while he might have felt similar when he was still THE PoW with his fantastic projects that still needed to win over the public to his wife and his past- it’s a completely new reality now. He has the Crown and the Queen. So maybe he is more relaxed and let’s W&K do whatever they feel they need to do to pave the way for their big moment?

Reactions: 6
Re the homeless thing, I am a cynical old bat. Of course his desire to help the homeless is commendable, and God knows they need help, they have done for, well, ever. That being said, this is a very sudden announcement and why right now? If he is genuinely set on 'ending homelessness' why hasn't he done anything actually useful so far? He's had years to plan what he'd like to do on becoming PoW and taking over the duchy, years when he could have been visibly planning and demonstrating what he would like to do. A couple of decades to get things moving and make a start. I'm afraid helping out in soup kitchens a couple of times, helping sell the Big Issue ditto and speaking to a few homeless people just doesn't cut it. Building suitable homes on duchy land would be very nice, of course but there's no meat to his ideas, no hint that he understands the infrastructure required to help the homeless return to a settled life. It is not just a question of finding or building homes, the homeless often have deep seated difficulties that go far beyond having a roof over their heads. He should know that, express it and give at least some hints about how he plans to tackle it.
This is definitely something I would love to be wrong about, and would be very happy to admit to getting it wrong.
It’s a worthy aim, but unless he’s also ending the crisis in mental health services and solving drug addiction, as a bare minimum, then it’s just a nicely roofed sticking plaster.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I actually think that it was really mean of Kensington to release the Father's Day pic on the same day as the King's first Trooping. They perhaps need a reminder that the King and then the Queen's publicity should take priority and the other Royals (even the Wales) should be working around that. I also think that William's supposed campaign to end homelessness is nothing but pathetic word salad - it's little better than the Harkle's word salad nonsense - it's okay for him to say that he cares about people being homeless, but to say that he plans to end it just comes across as grandiose and self-serving. I've actually been falling out of love with the Wales a bit since they became the Wales. They are getting too big for their boots.
Things are always released the evening before to ensure they are in the next day's newspapers. it's not their fault that TTC was the day before fathers day.

Heck even King George V was euthanised in the evening to ensure his death would be in the next morning's papers, rather than "less appropriate.. evening journals"

He’s the patron for centrepoint. I’ve been a little supporter of this charity for a few years and get updates etc - William seems to be quite involved.

Reactions: 12
From reading the Times article it seems like he actually does a lot for homeless charities without press attention.

I’m going to reserve my judgement until his new project is announced 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
From reading the Times article it seems like he actually does a lot for homeless charities without press attention.

I’m going to reserve my judgement until his new project is announced 🤷🏻‍♀️
The truly charitable don't brag about it and you only usually find out when they die.
I always wonder if some of them have NDA's on it to stop people talking about it. 😁

From the size of Andrew these days I think he eats more horses than he rides.

He's certainly beefing out.
No no, we now have the answer as to why Edward has got so thin, Andrew is eating him, a slice at a time! The riding thing is just a cover story.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.