The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it all looked a bit shambolic! When Edward & Sophie arrived there was confusion as to who was sitting where & people who we’re already seated having to move from their seats. There were so many pics in the press of the family attending rehearsals, they obviously paid off 😬 The balcony was also a mess. Idk it just seemed so lacklustre, I was disappointed.
I don't know why it was so badly planned, being probably the most photographed moment of the year. Surely they had someone to say "you stand here" and "you stand there". Then again, this involves folks who communicate through their assistants.

It’s funny because I didn’t even know she was papped until you said. You should try not reading or clicking on pap stories and providing the attention you claim she craves.

Like, it’s not hard. People who hate Meghan always know every step she takes, because they click every story, incentivising paps to go out and get shots of her on important royal days. She doesn’t need to call back grid on days like this, they’ll make the trip on their own because people like you create demand for the images because you want to get mad at her.
You are on a celebrity gossip forum getting offended by someone mildly gossiping about a celebrity. Get some air. :rolleyes:

Everyone knows how pap strolls work, don't act like this wasn't one.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Binge watching the inevitable deluge of Royal documentaries that are trending right now. As much as Princess Margaret was lauded for her beauty I actually think Elizabeth was the beauty of the two back in the day. Mostly from the happiness that radiated from her as a new bride and new mother. This picture in particular is lovely.View attachment 2155420 i
Have you got any recommendations for good docus on them? There just seems to be so many idk whats worth seeing

Reactions: 3
Binge watching the inevitable deluge of Royal documentaries that are trending right now. As much as Princess Margaret was lauded for her beauty I actually think Elizabeth was the beauty of the two back in the day. Mostly from the happiness that radiated from her as a new bride and new mother. This picture in particular is lovely.View attachment 2155420 i
Beautiful picture

Reactions: 4
Have you got any recommendations for good docus on them? There just seems to be so many idk whats worth seeing
The BBC docs The Queen at 90 and Queen Elizabeth II are both on youtube and are really good.

Reactions: 4
I don't know why it was so badly planned, being probably the most photographed moment of the year. Surely they had someone to say "you stand here" and "you stand there". Then again, this involves folks who communicate through their assistants.

You are on a celebrity gossip forum getting offended by someone mildly gossiping about a celebrity. Get some air. :rolleyes:

Everyone knows how pap strolls work, don't act like this wasn't one.
Even if it was a pap walk (which it could be, but also might not be because there are many times during big events when paps are incentivised to go out and get a shot without being called, and Meghan during coronation weekend definitely applies), it’s always funny to watch people who claim to hate it thrive on feeding it by clicking every time. 😂 The forum is also about discussing the absurdity of the whole media machine, and that includes the weird haters and fanatics who keep it thriving.

That wasn’t being offended, it was an observation. I find the whole rigamarole around Meghan fascinating because people get so weird about everything she does, and she’s honestly just not that interesting. Don’t worry about me getting air, I’m scrolling tattle outside ❤

Reactions: 10
There is so much! I think KCIII did so much good that will always be eclipsed by the Diana fallout. He was so much ahead of his time on climate change and was horrendously ridiculed for it.

Reactions: 15
The Prince's Trust is really an amazing thing he's done and kept on with, that and promoting art, culture and such - so important and often overlooked.

Reactions: 18
I thought it all looked a bit shambolic! When Edward & Sophie arrived there was confusion as to who was sitting where & people who we’re already seated having to move from their seats. There were so many pics in the press of the family attending rehearsals, they obviously paid off 😬 The balcony was also a mess. Idk it just seemed so lacklustre, I was disappointed.
I thought it strange that the Wales family arrived and walked after King3. That seemed a mistake to me

Reactions: 5
I thought it strange that the Wales family arrived and walked after King3. That seemed a mistake to me
I liked the symbolism of it actually, even if it was a mistake. They should keep it in future coronations. George (and his children?) to walk behind William at his ceremony. Would be good. Reflects stability and continuity.

btw, been thinking, what number King William will he be when his time comes? IV?

Reactions: 6
I liked the symbolism of it actually, even if it was a mistake. They should keep it in future coronations. George (and his children?) to walk behind William at his ceremony. Would be good. Reflects stability and continuity.

btw, been thinking, what number King William will he be when his time comes? IV?
William will be William V, unless he takes another name, but I doubt he would, it’s a bit odd these days to take a different regnal name. I feel like 70 years of Elizabeth basically nipped that in the bud.
George would be George VII.

Reactions: 8
Yes, it's almost like the paps think there's money to be made in a pic of her right now..
There Is always money to be made from a picture of Meghan Markle. When celebrities who are usually low-key (think Emma Watson, Harry and Meghan, Beyoncé, etc) get papped, 9 times out of 10, it’s intentional.

I say this as someone who doesn’t hate Meghan or Harry, nor do I follow what they’re up to in the press that often. But it is a well known fact that this happens. The celebs often even get to pick the photos that are in the press. It’s all a PR game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
There Is always money to be made from a picture of Meghan Markle. When celebrities who are usually low-key (think Emma Watson, Harry and Meghan, Beyoncé, etc) get papped, it’s intentional.

I say this as someone who doesn’t hate Meghan or Harry, nor do I follow what they’re up to in the press that often. But it is a well known fact that this happens. The celebs often even get to pick the photos that are in the press. It’s all a PR game.
I do largely agree with you on this about it all being a PR game, but low-key celebs absolutely do get papped without calling them on occasion. Look at when William had to tell the paps off for following the Wales family on that bike ride. Sometimes they do get found when they’re out in public.
A pap who got a shot of Meghan this weekend would make absolute bank, so I would not be surprised if a few took it upon themselves to wander Montecito.
It also could’ve been her calling, absolutely. Either way it’s always funny to see how annoyed people get, it’s not like she’s shitting on the Union Jack 😂

Reactions: 5
I do largely agree with you on this about it all being a PR game, but low key celebs absolutely do get papped without calling them on occasion. Look at when William had to tell the paps off for following the Wales family on that bike ride. Sometimes they do get found when they’re out in public.
Yeah I edited my comment to say 9 times out of 10 for this reason :) we missed each other in the internet crosswires!

Reactions: 1
Yeah I edited my comment to say 9 times out of 10 for this reason :) we missed each other in the internet crosswires!
Haha it happens! I get you.

The whole concept of paparazzi pics are so weird anyway. Like, what is even the point? 😂 The amount of stories of actresses being afraid to go outside because of a horde of guys standing on the sidewalk. I remember an interview with Keira Knightley about it at the peak of her fame. So weird and creepy. But that’s a conversation for another place!

Lip readers for news seem all about more entertainment and making tit up more than anything. He looked moved and also very tired and cautious of not having the crown fall off! They all got there early, and the Waleses got there a bit late, so the procession was a mess - but compared to 1953 imo the whole thing looked a mess.

He looked exhausted. And I have heaps of sympathy for him re: the pen - he was grieving, tired, he's old, was going from place to place, and we know he hardly ever sleeps. People act like he had some shouting temper tantrum or something.
I'm trying to study at 50. The anxiety, no proper sleep and lack of appetite is real and I'm a quarter of a century younger than those two.

Reactions: 7
I thought both looked just like the old age pensioners that they are. I don’t think Camilla is in the best physical health and the last 8 months has taken its toll on them both. In the Abbey both looked scared of the enormity of the ceremony but also of tripping, messing up or worse still the crown falling off. I’d have been terrified tbf. Just think that it’s estimated 2.5 BILLION watched it. I think they’d have had to drug me to get me there.
At a time when they should be putting their feet up they take on the biggest responsibility. I hope William and Kate will step up and take more on. After all they are in their prime and the K&Q are not

Reactions: 16
Maybe in future our Kings and Queens will have to retire when they reach pension age? Once they have served their useful purpose?;) Put them out to grass and let the younger royals take centre stage whilst the wrinklies decay...

I think both Charles and Camilla did great. The Coronation must have been a gruelling experience for them.The eyes of the world were on them analysing every facial tic.. One cock up and you'd be ridiculed forever.

Yel

They popped up on Idol yesterday, it's been a huge success from a PR pov.

Reactions: 8
I don’t know what to think of the MM sighting. I can see both options. But she would definitely have been aware that people are trying to take her pictures this weekend. So going out was obviously going to result in something like this. But I also don’t think she should have stayed home just to avoid this if she wanted to go hiking or dinner or whatever. My personal wish would be for the tabloids to just stop reporting on them. Because 90% of the chatter is about some mundane tit or royal something. Their actual work/charity related stuff makes a really small portion. That’s why they sometimes look more important than they actually are. They have lost this game throughly. The monarchy will be just fine without them and if it gets abolished it has nothing to do with them. They need to find a way to be successful in their own right asap before no one takes them seriously anymore but only as bitter hanger ons. M seems to be better fitted to make. She can work hard, is beautiful and has all the connections now. If she could stop inserting her way too much into projects and ride in the back seat this whole production side branch could become very successful. She could become THE support for minority community scripts, screenwriters, production and post production personal and actors. Why not produce an all female staff movie? Why not embrace diverse cast and staff? It might not bring in a lot of money in the beginning but could pay off big time. Riding on this she could build herself as a respected voice in the industry and in the public,political sphere. Her biggest problems are probably her ego (hurt feelings) and her husband. H should step back. Accept that his pull was mostly based on being a working royal, becoming the stay at home parent to support his wife and just concentrate on Sentebale and Invictus.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.