The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Camilla is his Carolean Queen and Carer though...No wonder the poor lady looks stressed and tired...
Maybe Lionel can do a twist on Caribbean Queen for the concert.

Edit whoops that was Billy Ocean šŸ˜¬šŸ˜…

TBH that both look as if they'd qualify for Carer's Allowance to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Has anyone seen the clip of C&C in the carriage, waiting to go into the Abbey? Sky News have used a lip reader on it. I dont know how accurate it is, but I was more interested in his facial expressions and body language.

After the fountain pen drama, and now this, what a miserable, short-tempered chap Charles seems to be. And that was after travelling in the comfy carriage. I hate to think what he was like after the return journey!
I saw something where he seemed to be complaining but I thought it was a spoof as the words didnā€™t seem to match his mouths movement. Something about rehearsing for months for this moment

Reactions: 2
Lip readers for news seem all about more entertainment and making tit up more than anything. He looked moved and also very tired and cautious of not having the crown fall off! They all got there early, and the Waleses got there a bit late, so the procession was a mess - but compared to 1953 imo the whole thing looked a mess.

He looked exhausted. And I have heaps of sympathy for him re: the pen - he was grieving, tired, he's old, was going from place to place, and we know he hardly ever sleeps. People act like he had some shouting temper tantrum or something.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
To be fair, I could imagine him saying something like that, but in a deadpan jokey way ā€¦ unfortunately just a flat translation takes all the nuance out.

Reactions: 11
Lip readers for news seem all about more entertainment and making tit up more than anything. He looked moved and also very tired and cautious of not having the crown fall off! They all got there early, and the Waleses got there a bit late, so the procession was a mess - but compared to 1953 imo the whole thing looked a mess.

He looked exhausted. And I have heaps of sympathy for him re: the pen - he was grieving, tired, he's old, was going from place to place, and we know he hardly ever sleeps. People act like he had some shouting temper tantrum or something.
I paid no attention the lip reading, about as reliable as Judi James. But you could see he was clearly pissed off. Someone in his privileged position should at least know how to conceal his frustration in public, whatever the circumstances. Just smile through gritted teeth for the plebs and read the riot act to the staff later.

Reactions: 6
Well he had DoE as an example so he's hardly likely to be good at hiding his frustrations

Just take the bleeping picture springs to mind

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Well he had DoE as an example so he's hardly likely to be good at hiding his frustrations

Just take the bleeping picture springs to mind
Itā€™s difficult really. Itā€™s a day theyā€™ve planned for and rehearsed to the second and the stress level and nerves are high. I donā€™t suppose they thought that a lip reader would be dusted off to see an off the cuff remark. In our family, it was a way of actually relieving stress. My dad and grandad could Jokey-moan to Olympic standard. If the phrase ā€˜what is it with me, I must have killed a Robinā€™ was used, you knew you were in for a fun few minutes.

Reactions: 6
I paid no attention the lip reading, about as reliable as Judi James. But you could see he was clearly pissed off. Someone in his privileged position should at least know how to conceal his frustration in public, whatever the circumstances. Just smile through gritted teeth for the plebs and read the riot act to the staff later.
I don't think he looked pissed off at all but confused. These things are planned to the second - I think it shows this was not well organized or well planned like things have been in the past.

Reactions: 3
I thought it all looked a bit shambolic! When Edward & Sophie arrived there was confusion as to who was sitting where & people who weā€™re already seated having to move from their seats. There were so many pics in the press of the family attending rehearsals, they obviously paid off šŸ˜¬ The balcony was also a mess. Idk it just seemed so lacklustre, I was disappointed.

Reactions: 8
I thought it all looked a bit shambolic! When Edward & Sophie arrived there was confusion as to who was sitting where & people who weā€™re already seated having to move from their seats. There were so many pics in the press of the family attending rehearsals, they obviously paid off šŸ˜¬ The balcony was also a mess. Idk it just seemed so lacklustre, I was disappointed.
I agree about the balcony. It seemed pointless to have everyone on the balcony when the rest of the royals squashed were together at the left of the balcony because the pages were either side of Charles and Camilla. Sophie was standing in front of Anne (although I did see Edward asking Anne if she wanted to swap places) and we didnā€™t get much of a view of the Gloucesterā€™s, Duke of Kent or Princess Alexandra

Reactions: 1
Whoever it was on here a few days ago who said they hope Lady Louise got a good blow dry for the occasionā€¦looks like she did! Sheā€™s looked great yesterday and tonight at the concert - the wonders of going to uni and ā€œfinding yourselfā€ a bit

Reactions: 10
I agree about the balcony. It seemed pointless to have everyone on the balcony when the rest of the royals squashed were together at the left of the balcony because the pages were either side of Charles and Camilla. Sophie was standing in front of Anne (although I did see Edward asking Anne if she wanted to swap places) and we didnā€™t get much of a view of the Gloucesterā€™s, Duke of Kent or Princess Alexandra
With the mess of the balcony acknowledged, I am glad they included the pages. For the royals, they've either had many a balcony moment or will have another in a month. For most of those pages (including those whose grandmother is now Queen) this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
I'm pleased they got that moment.

Lip readers are just making guesses here. Real lip read needs quite some time to learn and is target specific. If you can read person A doesnā€™t mean you can read person B. You also need clear sight.
That said- I am sure he was irritated. Sitting like a duck, waiting is definitely not what should have happened. Donā€™t know if the Walses were late or if he was early. Fact is- that day was all about him. I can totally see a bride-zilla moment going on here. find his irritation level still ok, if not even evoking a bit of an I feel you moment. But I get thatā€™s personal preference.

Reactions: 10
With the mess of the balcony acknowledged, I am glad they included the pages. For the royals, they've either had many a balcony moment or will have another in a month. For most of those pages (including those whose grandmother is now Queen) this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
I'm pleased they got that moment.
The pages were included on the balcony for QE's and George VI's coronations too!
---
Meghan hasn't been seen for weeks but was papped today :rolleyes: Very predictable!

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
The pages were included on the balcony for QE's and George VI's coronations too!
---
Meghan hasn't been seen for weeks but was papped today :rolleyes: Very predictable!
Sheā€™s allowed to exist. Itā€™s not like she was getting papped during the ceremony.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Sheā€™s allowed to exist. Itā€™s not like she was getting papped during the ceremony.
Yes she is, and the fact that she's only photoraphed by the paps a few times a year means she can exist perfectly well without backgrid.
Maybe not during the ceremony but during the coronation concert!

Reactions: 9
---
Yes, it's almost like the paps think there's money to be made in a pic of her right now..

Binge watching the inevitable deluge of Royal documentaries that are trending right now. As much as Princess Margaret was lauded for her beauty I actually think Elizabeth was the beauty of the two back in the day. Mostly from the happiness that radiated from her as a new bride and new mother. This picture in particular is lovely.
Capture1.JPG
i

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Yes she is, and the fact that she's only photoraphed by the paps a few times a year means she can exist perfectly well without backgrid.
Maybe not during the ceremony but during the coronation concert!
Itā€™s funny because I didnā€™t even know she was papped until you said. You should try not reading or clicking on pap stories and providing the attention you claim she craves.

Like, itā€™s not hard. People who hate Meghan always know every step she takes, because they click every story, incentivising paps to go out and get shots of her on important royal days. She doesnā€™t need to call back grid on days like this, theyā€™ll make the trip on their own because people like you create demand for the images because you want to get mad at her.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.