The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
William imo gave absolutely zero fucks, which is why it lacked sincerity. You can memorize 2, 3 lines to say to your father's face, your father who said 'I love you' after you blew him off in such a rude way. He always comes across that way to me. Like he's imposed to leave his house by people, how dare you make him.

They are lazy. They are also protected - the kids, and also they are now super popular because of how vile Andrew, Harry and Meghan are; they don't have to ever do anything. They control their own schedule: they do not want to do work, and have made it very obvious with their new thing about impact. Show up once a month and that's that. 'We need to be at home with the children' says William as he eats cheese on toast blowing off his own coronation 🤣

The Queen was right: I need to be seen to be believed. To endenger support for the institution you need to be out shaking hands and cutting ribbons. Be a part of people's lives. Charles and Anne understand it. William doesn't want to - so he doesn't do it; and it's not like Kate ever actually held a job. ('What does she DO all day'?)

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Is it just me or was there a wee sexual joke between W&K?
William: "don't worry, unlike Lionel Ritchie, I won't go all night long"
Kate <looks disappointed> oh no!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I think press access to the children is one thing they manage well. They have to show the children to the nation via the press and they've got it well balanced without being too intrusive. I think they made the right call leaving Louis at home last night too. He's becoming too much of a 'cheeky Prince' persona in the press.
I think this is exactly why we see less of Louis. They want him to become his own person without a persona being made of him in the press based on when he was 3. I wonder if William believes this is where a lot of the issues with Harry started.

——————-

Regarding why they all live so long:

Some of them do, some of them don’t. The Queen’s Dad died in his 50’s. And Princess Margret was only 71.

But it’s important to remember they have easy access to health care, they have chefs and eat very healthily. Most of their properties grow food for example. They’re really active even in old age (the Queen was still riding horses in her 90’s), they don’t suffer from things like loneliness in the same way, because they don’t retire.

I think they have probably had health scares like cancer etc but the public don’t get told and because they have medical teams it gets caught early so its curable.

Reactions: 7
Is there anything to watch today?? All my bank holiday plans have been scuppered by the bad weather so I’d like nothing better than to settle in front of some pageantry!

Reactions: 1
These are from Backgrid. I'm not sure if you know but basically how that works is the client (Megan) tells the photographer where they'll be, they do some photos. The photos then get sent to the clients publicist they pick which can be sold on, then Backgrid sell them to the tabloids. They are very few random pap shots anymore, it's too costly to have photographers hanging about. There is more money in the staged pap shots and better quality images for the client as well as the narrative they want.
Blackgrid doesn’t automatically mean a set up pap shot though.

Reactions: 1
I think this is exactly why we see less of Louis. They want him to become his own person without a persona being made of him in the press based on when he was 3. I wonder if William believes this is where a lot of the issues with Harry started.

——————-

Some of them do, some of them don’t. The Queen’s Dad died in his 50’s. And Princess Margret was only 71.

But it’s important to remember they have easy access to health care, they have chefs and eat very healthily. Most of their properties grow food for example. They’re really active even in old age (the Queen was still riding horses in her 90’s), they don’t suffer from things like loneliness in the same way, because they don’t retire.

I think they have probably had health scares like cancer etc but the public don’t get told and because they have medical teams it gets caught early so its curable.
The Queen mother had Colon cancer (1966) and breast cancer (1984) but they didn’t release the information until after her death. I think Philip had bladder cancer and the Queen had cancer.

Here’s Louis!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Honestly, William just comes across incredibly lazy. He has had all the time in the world to find a "passion project" - The mental health stuff he did with Kate, Harry and Megan before he left he could've continued or even put more effort into the Earth Shot project and he'd be set.
There has to be something he’s interested in. Kate is interested in sports, she could really champion girls and women in sports and that would be a huge boost. Like someone else said in the thread they don’t need to create their own charity but they could find one already established that align with their views. However with William I’m not sure what he’s interested in.

Reactions: 6
The Queen mother had Colon cancer (1966) and breast cancer (1984) but they didn’t release the information until after her death. I think Philip had bladder cancer and the Queen had cancer.

Here’s Louis!

He's quite good at shovelling for a 5 year old Prince!

Reactions: 11

Here’s Louis!

Aww. As an Irish person I never coo about the Royals but that is lovely!

Reactions: 2

——————-

The press (and us by default) have a habit of setting up their personalities from far too young an age that set their ‘narrative’. George is the staid, responsible one. Charlotte is the forthright, protective sister one. Louis is the young, cheeky one. These thumbnails will follow them through to adulthood whether they bear any relation to what they actually are or not.

Let’s remember though, that previous generations have basically chain smoked and drank like fishes. This is bound to have an effect on your health, however good your health care.

Reactions: 5

Here’s Louis!

Definitely not the first time he’s done that. He’s a pro! Much more experienced than me in my late 40s!
ETA even though I grew up on a farm! Good on you Prince Louis and whoever’s been teaching you.

Reactions: 4
No one was saying it was a coincidence anyway, it was just suggested that this might be one of those times where the paps actively sought someone out, because it’s a prominent day in the tabloid media’s obsessive conflict narrative. Either way, the pictures aren’t very interesting.

He’s definitely lazy - he didn’t even bother to memorise his oath to Charles, and it was one line! It was so weird to watch him looking at the paper instead of at Charles. Minimum effort. It’s a shame, because I generally like him, so I don’t get the lack of effort across the board. Surely he’s passionate about *something*?
To be fair the Archbishop had the communion service on cards too and surely he should know the words off pat after all these years. I think they were all suffering with nerves

Reactions: 8
I didn't know the Middletons were THAT well off, especially Pippa.

Pippa’s husband is James Matthews, filthy rich and cat flap and heir to a Scottish Laird-ship or something.

Reactions: 2
I didn't know the Middletons were THAT well off, especially Pippa.

he's worth over 2 billion apparently! More than William 😅

I think Pippa has it good, very wealthy husband but doesn't have to deal with the press and rules as much as Kate.. although she does have to deal with Spencer and Vogue as in-laws 😅

I think it's funny how Kerry Katona is distantly linked to our future King and Queen. She was married to Brian Mcfadden, who's Vogue's ex. Vogue is Kate's sister's in-law.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.