The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, it was just a coincidence that she was “papped” this weekend. Of course it was! 😆
Want to buy some magic beans…? 😉
No one was saying it was a coincidence anyway, it was just suggested that this might be one of those times where the paps actively sought someone out, because it’s a prominent day in the tabloid media’s obsessive conflict narrative. Either way, the pictures aren’t very interesting.

Honestly, William just comes across incredibly lazy. He has had all the time in the world to find a "passion project" - The mental health stuff he did with Kate, Harry and Megan before he left he could've continued or even put more effort into the Earth Shot project and he'd be set.

I know they are in peoples good books now but i don't think they are prepared for when they aren't and I've a feeling that might come alot soon than they think.

On the Megan pap pics i think she's damned if she does or doesnt - At least if she called the pap herself she has more control over what gets put out i guess.
---

Honestly - if you have the best healthcare money can get and no real life stresses I'm sure most of us could live long lives
He’s definitely lazy - he didn’t even bother to memorise his oath to Charles, and it was one line! It was so weird to watch him looking at the paper instead of at Charles. Minimum effort. It’s a shame, because I generally like him, so I don’t get the lack of effort across the board. Surely he’s passionate about *something*?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
No one was saying it was a coincidence anyway, it was just suggested that this might be one of those times where the paps actively sought someone out, because it’s a prominent day in the tabloid media’s obsessive conflict narrative. Either way, the pictures aren’t very interesting.

He’s definitely lazy - he didn’t even bother to memorise his oath to Charles, and it was one line! It was so weird to watch him looking at the paper instead of at Charles. Minimum effort. It’s a shame, because I generally like him, so I don’t get the lack of effort across the board. Surely he’s passionate about *something*?
Prince Philip also read from a card when he gave his oath to the Queen at her Coronation. It seems to be part of the ritual as they all had cards to read from.

Reactions: 2
Yeah true, they are all similarly related aren't they. Their longevity always intrigued me, considering the supposed inbreeding.
Not supposed at all. Elizabeth and Philip were 3rd cousins. Only started to gross me out a bit when a cousin of mine became a grandmother (at 46). It made me think if I became a grandmother, those two kids could hook up in college and sorry, not sorry, ick

• Haha
I think neither, W nor K are as passionate about something as Charles or PP were in their roles. This doesn’t have to be a bad thing- but they need to look busy non the less. W could have started to really get into the Duchy for the last ten years. The Princes Trust is a fantastic endeavour. There is no need to come up with another thing just to have something of your own. Dedicating your time to an already established and great operation is just as good.
Same goes for Kate.
If they really felt the need to come up with their own big (vanity) projects, they should have planned them out right after marriage. By now, they could be miles ahead in terms of professionalism and acceptance. Neither Earthshot nor Early Years will have the decades to get as successful. They are lacking but are pushed beyond what they are at this point because the Walses need the wins under their belt. Bit late for that.
I don’t begrudge them to be not passionate about something. But bloody hell you need to look invested and do the job if you want anyone to believe you are. Abysmal PR also plays a part here.

@Reraciara I am not too sure if they will have a problem with bad PR per se. They might be the golden couple now but they had some bad years when they were the whipping boys and H was the golden boy. He definitely believed his own hype. But W&K might be rational enough to realise that they all are villains or heros, depending on what will sell. They showed quite the backbone when everyone acted as if they were withholding their children from the public. In the end, they won.
Charles and HMTQ had times with horrible PR and dealt with the bad public opinion. As long as their grip on the crown isn’t threatened I don’t think anyone will care.
I think the white hat/black hat press will settle quite a lot now. Charles and Camilla are crowned have a degree of protection from that and William and Kate will always get the soft touch because they control access to the children. It will start again when the children are old enough to be reported on in their own right snd when they enter the dating scene. Then it will be a rinse and repeat of all the scheming mama’s/picture on walls/dressed like a princess/party prince/ss stories that we’ve had before.

No one was saying it was a coincidence anyway, it was just suggested that this might be one of those times where the paps actively sought someone out, because it’s a prominent day in the tabloid media’s obsessive conflict narrative.

Charles had the paper and was staring at it for 3 word lines. I thought at first would it have been that difficult to memorise a few words, but at such an important event it’s better to say it properly and look at a card than mess it up. He gave his speech last night pretty flawlessly and that was 3 minutes long.

I think both W&K could work more but I still think Charles controls a lot of what they do so he’s not overshadowed. Their social media team have killed it this weekend, one reel has over 2 million likes and nearly 20million views, comparing the reel of Charles being crowned doesn’t even have a million likes. I’ve seen more celebration for the Waleses than Charles, you’d think it was their coronation. From what we know about Charles I can’t imagine he takes that kind of news well and will be annoyed that his sons team have orchestrated their own PR operation this weekend, theres another garden party tomorrow and I wonder if we’ll see them there or if Charles wants them out of the way for a bit to take focus back to him.

Prince Philip also read from a card when he gave his oath to the Queen at her Coronation. It seems to be part of the ritual as they all had cards to read from.

Yeah, I heard someone mention that, but I still find that so weird! Why not just repeat after the person? It just gives off such an insincere vibe. It’s one line, I don’t get why they can’t just learn it even if the card is there. William read it like he’s never seen it before. Definitely something to be updated for the next one.

I get why Charles read his, he had more lines. But William only had one! And you can always put the card there as backup.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Charles had the paper and was staring at it for 3 word lines. I thought at first would it have been that difficult to memorise a few words, but at such an important event it’s better to say it properly and look at a card than mess it up. He gave his speech last night pretty flawlessly and that was 3 minutes long.

I think both W&K could work more but I still think Charles controls a lot of what they do so he’s not overshadowed. Their social media team have killed it this weekend, one reel has over 2 million likes and nearly 20million views, comparing the reel of Charles being crowned doesn’t even have a million likes. I’ve seen more celebration for the Waleses than Charles, you’d think it was their coronation. From what we know about Charles I can’t imagine he takes that kind of news well and will be annoyed that his sons team have orchestrated their own PR operation this weekend, theres another garden party tomorrow and I wonder if we’ll see them there or if Charles wants them out of the way for a bit to take focus back to him.
I think Charles will relax a lot more now he has the top job. There is nothing to prove and whether he goes out pressing flesh and being interested in the sandwiches people are eating at their garden party or just sits with his feet up, he’s still the one that gets to wear the sparkly hat.

He will be V. William IV was the King before Victoria. That’s if he goes with William, of course. He also has Arthur, Philip and Louis to go at
Thank you! Here I was awake in the small hours trying to think beyond William & Mary!! Am I right in thinking there’s never been a monarch called by any of the other 3 names in Britain before? Apart from Mary I’s husband who was either consort or was actually using the title bestowed on him in Spain?

Yeah true, they are all similarly related aren't they. Their longevity always intrigued me, considering the supposed inbreeding.
After the incidents with the Habsburgs they learned to keep the family tree limited, but not a wreath.
Hemophilia didn't help the childhood mortality of royals last century, though.

As a general rule, outside of said Habsburg incidents, royals throughout European history have had decently long lives if they made it past childhood and there wasn't an outbreak of plague or sweating sickness that got them in their late teens or early 20s.

They have very, erm, similar gene pools, so, no none of them appear to die young.
Yeah. Even the Queen mother who was a piss head lived until past 100. Not to mention Margaret loved to smoke & drink and still lived to a decent age given her vices. They are anomalies for the most part.

Reactions: 1
Thank you! Here I was awake in the small hours trying to think beyond William & Mary!! Am I right in thinking there’s never been a monarch called by any of the other 3 names in Britain before? Apart from Mary I’s husband who was either consort or was actually using the title bestowed on him in Spain?
King Arthur of myth and Legend, King Philip of Spain I assume was King because in those days even a Queen by right was overshadowed by her husband (hence Elizabeth remaining single) and surely no one would go for Louis. The King of the Swingers jokes write themselves.

• Haha
Yeah, I heard someone mention that, but I still find that so weird! Why not just repeat after the person? It just gives off such an insincere vibe. It’s one line, I don’t get why they can’t just learn it even if the card is there. William read it like he’s never seen it before. Definitely something to be updated for the next one.
Totally agree. William should have been looking at Charles when he was promising to be his Liege man of life and limb - it lacked all sincerity. Have the card there as a back up to glance at but don't read the whole thing off the card. It could have been a lovely moment between father and son if they were looking at each other.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think the white hat/black hat press will settle quite a lot now. Charles and Camilla are crowned have a degree of protection from that and William and Kate will always get the soft touch because they control access to the children. It will start again when the children are old enough to be reported on in their own right snd when they enter the dating scene. Then it will be a rinse and repeat of all the scheming mama’s/picture on walls/dressed like a princess/party prince/ss stories that we’ve had before.
honestly, that's the most fucked up thing about the Royals and them and shows W & K true characters towards the press - Dangling the kids for their favourite journalists at Christmas parties so they can turn a blind eye to, in my opinion, justified criticism doesn't sit right with me.

King Arthur of myth and Legend, King Philip of Spain I assume was King because in those days even a Queen by right was overshadowed by her husband (hence Elizabeth remaining single) and surely no one would go for Louis. The King of the Swingers jokes write themselves.
According to the Welsh and Cornish there’s a curse on Arthur as a name for an English royal heir so that there will never be another King Arthur until one raises from amongst the original Brittons. Probably began when Henry VII’s eldest son and heir died.

Strange there were so many Louises in France but none ever in England. But has it only really become one of the BRF staples after Lord Mountbatten? I don’t know; just asking.

Was Philip of Spain ever crowned in England? According to Wikipedia, he was only ever juxe uxoris king here, ‘by right of (his) wife’. So she still outranked him, even in the 16th century. But I don’t always trust Wiki!

honestly, that's the most fucked up thing about the Royals and them and shows W & K true characters towards the press - Dangling the kids for their favourite journalists at Christmas parties so they can turn a blind eye to, in my opinion, justified criticism doesn't sit right with me.
I think press access to the children is one thing they manage well. They have to show the children to the nation via the press and they've got it well balanced without being too intrusive. I think they made the right call leaving Louis at home last night too. He's becoming too much of a 'cheeky Prince' persona in the press.

Reactions: 14
Totally agree. William should have been looking at Charles when he was promising to be his Liege man of life and limb - it lacked all sincerity. Have the card there as a back up to glance at but don't read the whole thing off the card. It could have been a lovely moment between father and son if they were looking at each other.
Charles took the same oath to his mother when he became Prince of Wales and if I’m right, I don’t think there were any cards then, from what I’ve seen of the footage. Agree it would have been more sincere if William had said it straight to his father’s face.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
She is allowed to leave the house you know and if people didn't get so ridiculously outraged about her even breathing then there would be no call to print photos of her. If it weren't for this thread I'd not have know as she isn't part of my focus and all I've seem are (understandably) wall to wall coverage of the actual coronation and related concert
She's only papped after or during an event, she was papped straight after the children getting titles too.
Of course she's allowed to leave the house, but the fact that she's only papped every few months shows that she defo can leave the house and not get papped.. or does she only leave the house every few months?

In this day and age where everyone has cameraphones. No one has ever photographed the children so maybe that shows they too are stuck in the house?
---
He will be V. William IV was the King before Victoria. That’s if he goes with William, of course. He also has Arthur, Philip and Louis to go at
Phillip and Louis are too French 😅

I think he'll stick with William but would be quite cool to have a King Arthur lol
---
Of course there's the legendry King Arthur, but no real monarch has been called either of the three names.

You should listen to the horrrible histories monarch song! 😅 you'll soon know all your monarchs off by heart.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.