The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah I like Camilla I really do, I don’t play into any of the whole Saint Diana/Evil Camilla nonsense but I just found her so boring today, she didn’t even look like she wanted to be there. I just think having a king and queen who are almost 80 is hardly the best representation of a vibrant and modern Britain. I really hope he doesn’t go on as long as the queen, not that I want him to die just I hope he hands it over to William in say 10 years
I don’t have much problem with Camilla but my opinion has gone down a bit with her not attending the reception last night, not going to the Mall yesterday and with her looking so bored today.

Reactions: 2
I don’t have much problem with Camilla but my opinion has gone down a bit with her not attending the reception last night, not going to the Mall yesterday and with her looking so bored today.
I thought she looked scared witless for most of it.

Reactions: 42
he could pull a Queen Margarethe and take the princely titles off of everyone bar the Waleses. Obviously that would mean Anne, which wouldn't be fair.
I wonder if that may happen in years to come. To set Charlotte and Louis’s families free. It could apply going forward so it wasn’t rude to those who have worked for years for the monarchy. It does seem weird that Beatrice and Eugenie are princesses, sensible decision by the Edinburghs not to use the titles their children could have.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Random thought but if George is gay and wants to adopt to have children would that child be King without the blood line or would Charlotte become Queen? Or would he not be allowed to adopt but have to use a surrogate with him being the biological dad.

I wonder if those conversations have been had to preserve the line.

Guess the same applies if he is infertile for any reason.

Reactions: 1
Random thought but if George is gay and wants to adopt to have children would that child be King without the blood line or would Charlotte become Queen? Or would he not be allowed to adopt but have to use a surrogate with him being the biological dad.

Right now, the law is that the baby has to be 'born of the body' and legitimate through marriage i think.

Reactions: 10

As it stands at the minute, no … isn’t there something about the second son of the Marquis of Bath who was born via IVF?

Reactions: 1
It was reported some where that Camilla hurt her back so was not out and about yesterday. She looked uncomfortable today

Reactions: 10
It was reported some where that Camilla hurt her back so was not out and about yesterday. She looked uncomfortable today
she was sitting with a pillow behind her back when they were in the car on the way to BP

Reactions: 4
Right now, the law is that the baby has to be 'born of the body' and legitimate through marriage i think.
Thank you. I guess that’s how Albert of Monaco gets away with having two older children who won’t inherit the throne there. Be interesting if George and wife/husband would be told adoption is not allowed so as not to muddy the waters and confuse the public

I didn't watch as I was out and I'm not really a fan of Charles or Camilla. I think they may very well spell the end of the monarchy as we know it as I don't think they will resonate with young people at all. I have to say though that George, Charlotte and Louis are absolutely adorable! Beautiful children. They may be what saves the monarchy because I don't think two old stuffy, dusty people are going to inspire much.

Reactions: 2
As per Debretts

i assume the Marquess of Bath issues arise because an IVF baby, even if the couples eggs and sperm are used there is paperwork around legal parentage?

I suppose if George were to say adopt a child and that child was allowed to be heir, it kind of becomes a case of “oh we’re just picking anyone now to be the heir”…clearly not as simple and straightforward as that but when you strip it all away, the one reason they have the position they do is because they were born into it, without that element it would be free for all of who got to do it next (hope this makes sense and doesn’t make me sound like some awful anti adoption hater which I am absolutely not, just thinking of a potential problem it would raise in this circumstance)

Reactions: 7
I suppose if George were to say adopt a child and that child was allowed to be heir, it kind of becomes a case of “oh we’re just picking anyone now to be the heir”…clearly not as simple and straightforward as that but when you strip it all away, the one reason they have the position they do is because they were born into it, without that element it would be free for all of who got to do it next (hope this makes sense and doesn’t make me sound like some awful anti adoption hater which I am absolutely not, just thinking of a potential problem it would raise in this circumstance)
that's true, today's royals can trace their ancestors back to William the Conqueror and Alfred the Great.

As it stands at the minute, no … isn’t there something about the second son of the Marquis of Bath who was born via IVF?
Via surrogate I think. IVF for a married coupe would not be a problem if using their own sperm and eggs.
---
I didn't watch as I was out and I'm not really a fan of Charles or Camilla. I think they may very well spell the end of the monarchy as we know it as I don't think they will resonate with young people at all. I have to say though that George, Charlotte and Louis are absolutely adorable! Beautiful children. They may be what saves the monarchy because I don't think two old stuffy, dusty people are going to inspire much.
Why do they have to "resonate with young people". Those of us on the older side outnumber the young hugely and of course even the young will be old one day! Seriously I am fed up with people (general people, not anybody specific) whining about them being too old, and even worse going on about HMK looking ill or looking 'frail' -horrible word. For his age the man's as healthy as a horse, he just has a rather florid complexion and sausage fingers which are not the result of anything serious. Oh and he won't abdicate any more than his mother did. If he became very infirm and senile we would have William as regent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I thought she looked scared witless for most of it.
Maybe it’s just me, but I struggle to understand someone having the gall to have a very public affair with the heir for years, then conducting a massive PR operation suddenly getting scared on crowning day.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
My highlight was Mum seeing King Charles's hands & being reminded she hadnt put the Pigs in Blankets in the oven :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.