The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Meghan and Harry aren’t B-listers. They’re currently taking up a good chunk of the top of the Daily Mail website. They’re A-listers, because they tell stories on the Royal Family, which sells stories and advertising space for tabloids. The more they carry on reacting to things, putting out idiotic statements like the one on the car chase, and speaking “their truth” the more likely they are to carry on being the of interest to the press.

The press in America is so much more invasive than the UK, so really if they’d wanted to get away from that life, moving to LA was a pretty idiotic thing to do. Clearly they don’t want privacy or to get away from that life. They want to control the narrative, not privacy. They’re just not very good at it.

I’m not really sure what Meghan has done to earn all these awards for helping women. I know she was involved in the UN before her marriage, but I’m not sure I’ve seen anything about her charity work since moving to America? So that’s a bit random.

Reactions: 9
Meghan and Harry aren’t B-listers. They’re currently taking up a good chunk of the top of the Daily Mail website. They’re A-listers, because they tell stories on the Royal Family, which sells stories and advertising space for tabloids. The more they carry on reacting to things, putting out idiotic statements like the one on the car chase, and speaking “their truth” the more likely they are to carry on being the of interest to the press.

The press in America is so much more invasive than the UK, so really if they’d wanted to get away from that life, moving to LA was a pretty idiotic thing to do. Clearly they don’t want privacy or to get away from that life. They want to control the narrative, not privacy. They’re just not very good at it.

I’m not really sure what Meghan has done to earn all these awards for helping women. I know she was involved in the UN before her marriage, but I’m not sure I’ve seen anything about her charity work since moving to America? So that’s a bit random.
It's almost as if it was bought or arranged by her PR company ...

Reactions: 11
It's almost as if it was bought or arranged by her PR company ...
I think these awards are just arranged between groups of friends/people with the same publicist. It reminds me of the "learner of the week" award at my kids school. Everyone gets a turn.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don't believe they will break up like some are thinking, as i genuinely think Harry has thr life he sort of wanted. The only thing i think he regrets is not having a job that allows him to do more of what he wanted to do, such as conservation. Although he's wealthy enough and connected enough to still do conservation so should be no excuses. I don't know what they actually do outside of a few speeches here and there. Anyone know?

Reactions: 3
I don't believe they will break up like some are thinking, as i genuinely think Harry has thr life he sort of wanted. The only thing i think he regrets is not having a job that allows him to do more of what he wanted to do, such as conservation. Although he's wealthy enough and connected enough to still do conservation so should be no excuses. I don't know what they actually do outside of a few speeches here and there. Anyone know?
If he wanted to focus on conservation or other charity work, he would.
He's got plenty of trust fund wealth to focus on philanthropic work should he choose to do so. He now also has additional wealth from their Netflix and book deals, that could allow him to dedicate himself to causes, with no indication that's his aim.

Selling stories about his family and dedicating his time to his disputes with the press and his family in book, Netflix, and interview formats as well as legal proceedings was the choice he made. While that's his choice to make, it's not like all media formats were so vitally necessary that they had to be done and thus took all the time he'd much have preferred to spend on more noble endeavours. I think quite simply, this really is him concentrating on what's most important to him right now.

Reactions: 10

Even YouTubers we’re UN ambassadors a few years ago, I remember Louise Pentland and Niomi Smart were, think Tanya Burr was as well because it was round the time Tanya and Meghan went to dinner a few times

I don’t really know what she does beyond her past work and a few things she did as a royal, beyond the interviews and shows, since leaving the family she’s released a kids book and done her podcast and that’s, neither were philanthropic and I don’t see giving rich women a slot on a podcast as a worthy fight for women.

Reactions: 8
The fact is though unless he takes himself off to the African bush to do conservation, the press and paps are always going to be there and going to be interested in him.
It will HAVE to be that for him, if he’s ever going to be able to live in his own skin and at some kind of peace. That much is clear from reading Spare. I don’t see Meghan wanting to go though, and there’s the kids… I don’t know… I just think what both of them ultimately want is fundamentally incompatible and that’s where the mixed messages and chaos stems from.

Reactions: 6
It will HAVE to be that for him, if he’s ever going to be able to live in his own skin and at some kind of peace. That much is clear from reading Spare. I don’t see Meghan wanting to go though, and there’s the kids… I don’t know… I just think what both of them ultimately want is fundamentally incompatible and that’s where the mixed messages and chaos stems from.
Unfortunately at the minute he’s a loose cannon. He might want to be involved with various charities and organisations but will they want to be associated with him. It’s one thing having a member of the Royal Family on the headed notepaper for the cachet and publicity they bring. It’s another having a self-exile who really can bring nothing to the table, burbles every thought to flit across his mind to whoever is about to hear and blames everyone else for everything.

I think to be taken seriously he really needs to put the work in. Show that he can concentrate on something for more than 30 seconds without wanting to skip off to the greener grass over the fence, actually learn about the subject from the grass roots and stick with it then he just might find some takers.

Reactions: 10
If he wanted to focus on conservation or other charity work, he would.
He's got plenty of trust fund wealth to focus on philanthropic work should he choose to do so. He now also has additional wealth from their Netflix and book deals, that could allow him to dedicate himself to causes, with no indication that's his aim.

Selling stories about his family and dedicating his time to his disputes with the press and his family in book, Netflix, and interview formats as well as legal proceedings was the choice he made. While that's his choice to make, it's not like all media formats were so vitally necessary that they had to be done and thus took all the time he'd much have preferred to spend on more noble endeavours. I think quite simply, this really is him concentrating on what's most important to him right now.
Yeah i think it's all a bit sad at this point. He needs to focus on other ventures that don't involve so much negativity. He and Meghan don't seem to have done much at all since leaving the Royal Family. They are living a life a comfortable life in Montecito, but their life seems a bit empty and goalless at the moment.

I personally believe they think they are experiencing imposters syndrome because neither are truly Hollywood and their wealth hasn't been earned. It's like a Los Angeler winning the lottery and buying a place in Montecito. Except for the fact that at least Harry is a royal i guess.

Yeah i think it's all a bit sad at this point. He needs to focus on other ventures that don't involve so much negativity. He and Meghan don't seem to have done much at all since leaving the Royal Family. They are living a life a comfortable life in Montecito, but their life seems a bit empty and goalless at the moment.

I personally believe they think they are experiencing imposters syndrome because neither are truly Hollywood and their wealth hasn't been earned. It's like a Los Angeler winning the lottery and buying a place in Montecito. Except for the fact that at least Harry is a royal i guess.
The answers lie with themselves though. He can either knuckle and accept that getting what you say you want isn’t always to be recommended (or even what you really want anyway) and build his own career, and mean it, or he can waft around like Great Granduncle David for the next 30 odd years and stand a not unreasonable risk of passing the genetic pain down another generation.

Reactions: 4
For a Woman of Vision she is remarkably myopic.

Is it the Harkle Anniversary tomorrow or thereabouts?Let us hope the Catastrophised Duo recover from their ordeal enough to acknowledge the congratulations flooding in from around the globe.
Their anniversary isn’t tomorrow. They got married three days before the big event in Windsor 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Silly me...I'd forgotten that gem. Getting the fiction mixed up with facts. Must be contagious.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Most of these awards are purchasable by the highest bidder :)

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I don't know what they actually do outside of a few speeches here and there. Anyone know?
Isn't he some kind of spokesperson or figurehead for one of these mental health organisations which you have to pay a subscription for? It presumably involves him sitting in on a monthly Zoom meeting to pick up the latest buzz words.

The last thing I remember Meghan doing was that 40x40 thing, which again was just a bunch of her pals blowing smoke up each others arses

I will say the last years really brought us some beautiful phrases that make me chuckle every time

I don’t sweat
Pizza Express in Woking
Recollections may vary
We never said they were racist
It actually happened three days prior

and I am sure I am forgetting some. That’s enough for a nice mug collection

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I always wonder this about wages, the police were working anyway, no new officers were hired so how do they work out staffing costs? They were already being paid for, unless that’s just the overtime bill?
I know for a fact (close police family member) that police were used from outside forces. They get put up in a hotel. Paid extra. I think for being there for a week they got like a grand.
---
I'm sure I read in the Palace Papers book recently that Harry always wanted to settle down and have children and live in the wilds of Norfolk or Africa. So the push to be in the spotlight doesn't seem to be coming from him. 😕🤔
I can imagine Harry did want that. But then when you’ve actually left and all the attention died down I can bet he felt differently, hence all of this. Being in the spotlight and fawned over all his life and then when interest wanes is going to feel awkwaed

I'm reading another "Royal" book which mentions Diana recording tapes for her son's wives to listen to. Sharing stories and warnings about joining royal life.
Wonder if Catherine and Meghan got to listen to these 🤔

• Wow
I'm reading another "Royal" book which mentions Diana recording tapes for her son's wives to listen to. Sharing stories and warnings about joining royal life.
How creepily horrible, I hope that’s not true, sounds extremely controlling

Reactions: 7
I don’t think this is true or we would have heard of it before now. What’s the book?

If she had, Meghan would have absolutely told us by now.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.