The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally agree @Em_gardener I've always thought that what Harry actually wants is a press who only paint him in a positive light. What he wants is to live in a world where he can do all the parts of royal life he liked, the fun events, the charity work, Invictus etc with none of the stuff he didn't like - the hierarchy and the press intrusion. The fact is though unless he takes himself off to the African bush to do conservation, the press and paps are always going to be there and going to be interested in him.

Both William and Harry have a tough relationship with the press which is totally understandable, they saw how much the paps hounded Diana and saw how both their parents used the media to try and destroy the other one and the media then turned its attention to them. William seems to have come to terms with the fact that he can't be in the position he's in without press scrutiny, he's on record saying as such, something Harry just doesn't seem to be able to comprehend. His crusade to change the UK press landscape, whilst commendable in some aspects, is a total lost cause

Reactions: 12
Totally agree @Em_gardener I've always thought that what Harry actually wants is a press who only paint him in a positive light. What he wants is to live in a world where he can do all the parts of royal life he liked, the fun events, the charity work, Invictus etc with none of the stuff he didn't like - the hierarchy and the press intrusion. The fact is though unless he takes himself off to the African bush to do conservation, the press and paps are always going to be there and going to be interested in him.

Both William and Harry have a tough relationship with the press which is totally understandable, they saw how much the paps hounded Diana and saw how both their parents used the media to try and destroy the other one and the media then turned its attention to them. William seems to have come to terms with the fact that he can't be in the position he's in without press scrutiny, he's on record saying as such, something Harry just doesn't seem to be able to comprehend. His crusade to change the UK press landscape, whilst commendable in some aspects, is a total lost cause
I think he finding out just how protected he actually was in the UK. That would never have happened if he was here.

Reactions: 14
At a certain point too you need to just accept that life isn't fair and if you really don't want to be in the papers or have paparazzi take photos of you then you might need to change the way you live your life.
Harry wants to live in the ideal world where he can do the charity stuff and the big appearances and award shows and the papers will only report on him positively and photographers will only photograph him when he wants to be photographed but that's not reality for any celebrity. Obviously in an ideal world the tabloids wouldn't be such tit stirrers and we'd all respect each others privacy but we don't live in that world and Harry fighting for it only seems to be making him miserable. Maybe he should just back out of the limelight and live his life quietly. He keeps himself in the spotlight and there are consequences for that. Whether those consequences are fair or not is another story but they're reality at the moment and if he can't cope with them and his mental health is being damaged then he needs to look at what he's doing. If I had his money I'd never put myself out there like he does - what's motivating him to keep doing award shows and books etc? It has to be either fame or money. He's always claimed to hate being famous but does he really? And he should be able to live off the money he has. He has more money than most people will ever see. Maybe he likes being a perpetual victim.
I'm sure I read in the Palace Papers book recently that Harry always wanted to settle down and have children and live in the wilds of Norfolk or Africa. So the push to be in the spotlight doesn't seem to be coming from him. 😕🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 6
To be honest I have no idea what both of them are doing at the moment - charity wise or else. I only hear about them when there is some kind of drama - sometimes fabricated by the press, sometimes by themselves. They seem to just go around to talk about their life and receive awards. But for what? I have no idea. Maybe they do good things but most people have no clue because their pr strategy is disastrous.

There are two kinds of philanthropists - those who work in the shadow and are not known by the public and those that use their profile to highlight good causes. They seem to belong to neither.

Reactions: 13
I think if Harry had lived in Africa (or similar) he would have been happy doing conservation work, getting some ‘shine and positive glow’ periodically but he’s desperately trying to make Meghan happy by letting her do whatever she’s doing in the US. This is in no way a dig at Meghan - I just think they want(ed) different things and now he doesn’t want to lose her and it’s triggering him every way possibly.

back to the cost of the funeral: OMG talk about expensive 😳 I bet you that money could have warmed a few homes
I wonder if the cost takes into consideration businesses had to give staff time off for national mourning?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
To be honest I have no idea what both of them are doing at the moment - charity wise or else. I only hear about them when there is some kind of drama - sometimes fabricated by the press, sometimes by themselves. They seem to just go around to talk about their life and receive awards. But for what? I have no idea. Maybe they do good things but most people have no clue because their pr strategy is disastrous.

There are two kinds of philanthropists - those who work in the shadow and are not known by the public and those that use their profile to highlight good causes. They seem to belong to neither.
They seem to use the charities to promote themselves. What is their aim in life? I think Meghan wants to be famous but what does Harry actually want?

Reactions: 9
I do emphasise to a certain extent. While it’s true that if you need public exposure for your job, you can’t exactly draw lines because they will get blurry one way or the other. I do think children should be off limits though. And I do think there was some incredibly bad stuff that crossed so many lines, I can’t even. But 99% of that does not happen in real newspapers/tabloid articles.
The problem is, they need publicity- otherwise their jobs don’t work. They wouldn’t get noticed, their productions wouldn’t find an audience. That’s partly because that’s how it works and partly because they haven’t managed to build a profile that stands for great relevant, entertaining and high quality content. Of course they only want to share what they are comfortable with. That’s normal and that’s what we all do. But it doesn’t work on that level.

I do emphasise to a certain extent. While it’s true that if you need public exposure for your job, you can’t exactly draw lines because they will get blurry one way or the other. I do think children should be off limits though. And I do think there was some incredibly bad stuff that crossed so many lines, I can’t even. But 99% of that does not happen in real newspapers/tabloid articles.
The problem is, they need publicity- otherwise their jobs don’t work. They wouldn’t get noticed, their productions wouldn’t find an audience. That’s partly because that’s how it works and partly because they haven’t managed to build a profile that stands for great relevant, entertaining and high quality content. Of course they only want to share what they are comfortable with. That’s normal and that’s what we all do. But it doesn’t work on that level.
But what is their job?
The only content they've ever produced is about themselves. Their profile is almost entirely based on their feud with the RF.

Reactions: 8
One thing I saw on twitter was someone posting that every A list celebrity got home from the Met Gala without an issue. 😉
These two go to some sycophantic awards ceremony and there's chaos. If Gloria Steinem wants to give awards to her friends maybe next time she should just pop around to their house. 🤪
And, if they are that scared of the paps armed with cameras, she can accept her award from home on Zoom.

Reactions: 5
Agree, life isn't fair unfortunately, good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people.

Harry needs to come to terms with what was the awful trauma of losing your mum when young, it's horrible and it hurts for the rest of your life, everyone gets that.
He seemed like an OK bloke when he was with his brother, sister in-law and dad, being papped but something is very off about him now.

I do think he wanted a bit more privacy, but something is definitely in the way of it now, wondering what it could be ? 🤔

Reactions: 4
I think the main problem is that he hasn’t any real skills. His job role was ‘spare’. All he is trained to do is meet and greet, press flesh and ask people what they do. All the things that gave him form and purpose as a Royal like a lot of the charity work together with the support staff and all of the forces stuff has gone. I mean, spending all day mucking about on the internet and reading a kindle sounds lovely for a day or 2 and a holiday but for life. Yikes. That would be beyond boring. I think basically he rudderless.
(thats not just a dig at Harry. I think most of them brought up in that direct family Royal bubble would struggle with adapting to ‘normal’ life. It’s why Andrew is hanging on grimly by his fingernails to anything he has left).

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
But what is their job?
The only content they've ever produced is about themselves. Their profile is almost entirely based on their feud with the RF.
That's why they never stated 'privacy'. It was clear they had book/Spotify/Netflix deals in mind. They've told their story so much and so often now more content is needed. Sorry, but I just can't envisage a two hour car chase around Manhatten. As for them being scared, well Meghan has some (limited) acting ability

Reactions: 1
I think the biggest problem is indeed that H has no direction. I don’t believe for a second he would have become really happy in the countryside wherever. As long as he was a working royal, his PR played on his strengths and he had a team good at making him look good. I am sure they knew exactly which buttons to push to get him to do the right thing (for PR). Either planting or pushing good ideas and quietly letting the bad ones disappear. But at one point he snapped and it didn’t work anymore. I am undecided if he would have snapped anyway. It’s bad luck it happens on such a stage though. Maybe with a wife more like Kate (steely, knowing how to fit in and reigning her household -my personal assumption) he would have been able to maintain this for some decades. Tucked away in the countryside, with lots of military engagements, jetting around the world to fight AIDS and save elephants. His wife would basically need to be his handler. But he wanted something else for a partner, which is fair enough. And I can absolutely see him getting fed up this my version as well. Starting to give snappy interviews. And he would have lost his plot in terms of the press and his children in every scenario. Back in the day, when Prince George was a wee toddler/nursery boy and blogs and threads discussed how little the public saw of him, there were already people predicting that we would see even less of H’s children.
Anyhow, I think we are all in agreement that they (a) need to gag their employees, mouthpieces and themselves and (b) find a positive spin for H. The poor mummy’s boy narrative is not working.

But what is their job?
They're nothing more than glorified influencers at this rate.

I have absolutely no idea what Meghan is winning awards for. What has she actually achieved?

Reactions: 12
The worst thing whenever there's a flurry of Harry & Meghan drama, is that Omid Scobie is inescapable for a few days, no matter your choice of news channel.

• Haha
For a Woman of Vision she is remarkably myopic.

Is it the Harkle Anniversary tomorrow or thereabouts?Let us hope the Catastrophised Duo recover from their ordeal enough to acknowledge the congratulations flooding in from around the globe.

• Haha
They're nothing more than glorified influencers at this rate.

I have absolutely no idea what Meghan is winning awards for. What has she actually achieved?
She hasn't. She largely leaves her mansion to be papped/accept little known awards in NY/LA and merch the hell out of tragedies such as that school shooting in Texas

Reactions: 5
For a Woman of Vision she is remarkably myopic.

Is it the Harkle Anniversary tomorrow or thereabouts?Let us hope the Catastrophised Duo recover from their ordeal enough to acknowledge the congratulations flooding in from around the globe.
Let's hope the duo recover sufficiently from their "almost catastrophic" two-hour long car chase on the little island of Manhattan. It must have been like a scene from the movie Transformers with the gridlocked traffic and all. Poor things. To think that all those who attended the Met Gala recently, managed to get home without drama snd incident.
She will soon accept another award for surviving (shouldn't they be thriving??) this ghastly NY ordeal. She could then display that award next to the one they received for only having two children, and all the other awards they have bought won for being ex-royals, blabbing about family, and circumcised todgers.

• Haha
Let's hope the duo recover sufficiently from their "almost catastrophic" two-hour long car chase on the little island of Manhattan. It must have been like a scene from the movie Transformers with the gridlocked traffic and all. Poor things. To think that all those who attended the Met Gala recently, managed to get home without drama snd incident.
She will soon accept another award for surviving (shouldn't they be thriving??) this ghastly NY ordeal. She could then display that award next to the one they received for only having two children, and all the other awards they have bought won for being ex-royals, blabbing about family, and circumcised todgers.
Yeah. Used be on the fence about those two but last night was an horrific display of narcissistic behaviour. As I keep saying they're at best B-List. Didn't happen

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.