The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm reading another "Royal" book which mentions Diana recording tapes for her son's wives to listen to. Sharing stories and warnings about joining royal life.
Wonder if Catherine and Meghan got to listen to these 🤔
That’s kind of creepy! Almost like she knew she wouldn’t be here to tell them the stories face to face.

Reactions: 3
That’s kind of creepy! Almost like she knew she wouldn’t be here to tell them the stories face to face.
Given that it seems she was being manipulated and becoming increasingly paranoid there could potentially be an element of truth in it but it does sound more likely bollocks imo.

Reactions: 8
I doubt Diana was sufficiently prescient to think she wouldn't talk smack about the royals to her daughter in laws in person.
Nor, if we're entirely honest about it, do I think she'd be the helpful hints type of mother in law.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I doubt Diana was sufficiently prescient to think she wouldn't talk smack about the royals to her daughter in laws in person.
Nor, if we're entirely honest about it, do I think she'd be the helpful hints type of mother in law.
That last pay is a good point, l think she would have been jealous and interfering.

That last pay is a good point, l think she would have been jealous and interfering.
Now that Charles is officially crowned, who knows what she'd do or say.

On that note would have she been invited to the Coronation? Talk about awkward.

Reactions: 1
Next King's mother though. I mean the Middletons were invited.
Weren’t they just babysitters for the youngest prince though? Not sure if that’s true and I was surprised to see them there but they were never in line so no threat, Diana being there would have been terrible optics

Reactions: 1
I could see her being the mother in law from Hell.
The passive aggressive upstaging would have been awesome.
---
Weren’t they just babysitters for the youngest prince though? Not sure if that’s true and I was surprised to see them there but they were never in line so no threat, Diana being there would have been terrible optics
She would have been in LA sending out tweets and instagrams of a grandchild’s birthday party.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Totally agree @Em_gardener I've always thought that what Harry actually wants is a press who only paint him in a positive light. What he wants is to live in a world where he can do all the parts of royal life he liked, the fun events, the charity work, Invictus etc with none of the stuff he didn't like - the hierarchy and the press intrusion. The fact is though unless he takes himself off to the African bush to do conservation, the press and paps are always going to be there and going to be interested in him.

Both William and Harry have a tough relationship with the press which is totally understandable, they saw how much the paps hounded Diana and saw how both their parents used the media to try and destroy the other one and the media then turned its attention to them. William seems to have come to terms with the fact that he can't be in the position he's in without press scrutiny, he's on record saying as such, something Harry just doesn't seem to be able to comprehend. His crusade to change the UK press landscape, whilst commendable in some aspects, is a total lost cause
I agree with this, and it’s a shame because I think him and Meghan could have been good for the royal family, both in doing good and also in modernising them

Reactions: 5
Wonder what the revenge dress would have been like.....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Camilla’s ex Andrew Parker Bowles was invited so I think it’s highly likely she’d have been there
I suppose it depends if she’d agreed to play the game, things could have changed over time but APB remained very much of the establishment but was never in the royal family line so not a threat, Diana was very much an outsider following her divorce and would been a loose canon taking the limelight from the actual queen. It just couldn’t have worked.

Reactions: 3
I agree with this, and it’s a shame because I think him and Meghan could have been good for the royal family, both in doing good and also in modernising them
Sadly Meghan has shown herself to be only interested in promoting herself. In terms of being good for the RF,, she's certainly never been an asset.

Reactions: 6
APB probably also invited to see his grandson in the procession and given William's role I think it's likely Diana would have been invited and probably seated with Harry. They'd have had to give Anne a bigger plume for her hat!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Although I do recall reading that Charles and Di were getting on much better before she died. But she did have the propensity to fall out with people a lot, so she could have been a loose cannon in that sense 🤔

Reactions: 5
Although I do recall reading that Charles and Di were getting on much better before she died. But she did have the propensity to fall out with people a lot, so she could have been a loose cannon in that sense 🤔
They couldn't have invited the Middletons and not invite the mother/grandmother of the next two Kings.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.