The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wondered why TLQ was so distant and l assume it's because she thought she had to parent that way as C was going to be King. Also maybe Philip influenced their parenting style.
For that class and that time, it was normal, even more so for service personnel. The children, even if the parents were at home, were the property of the nanny. They probably saw them twice a day when they were nice and clean. Then it was off to prep school and boarding school. To be fair, in those circles it’s probably it’s probably not that much different now … they just gloss it over a bit more.

Reactions: 1
Oh yeah Harry had help to get into Sandhurst because he wouldn't have made the grade by himself. Thick as apparently.
Like how Charles got into Cambridge or how William attended St Andrews, both of which are competitive to get into?

The blind hated some people have for Harry that they forget thd others astounds me...
---
Kate got an A in Maths at A level but went on to study History of Art.
Would love to see her put in the same effort now than what she did to get that A!

Reactions: 6
Like how Charles got into Cambridge or how William attended St Andrews, both of which are competitive to get into?

The blind hated some people have for Harry that they forget thd others astounds me...
---

Would love to see her put in the same effort now than what she did to get that A!
I didn't forget the others. I didn't know they had help as well. I really couldn't be bothered to blind hate anyone, let alone someone l couldn't give a toss about. Glad you are astounded though 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
To be fair, it wasn’t just The Queening that took her away. Even before she was Queen, she went to Malta with Philip on his naval posting leaving Charles and Anne with the nanny, even over Christmas. Charles and Anne really just had the typical, for the time, life as the child of aristocratic service parents, regardless of anything else..
Yes but that’s why I think William marrying Kate has made them better parents as although Kate went to boarding school I do think she had a better family life and that’s why William and Kate are more hands on parents.

Reactions: 7

One of the comments:

"War heroes should not be evicted. Stay strong, Sir" 😂
The irony. There are far more worthy war heroes on the streets, it's not like he is ever going to be in that position. From one Palace building to another. He's lucky to still be in that position.

Reactions: 12
The irony. There are far more worthy war heroes on the streets, it's not like he is ever going to be in that position. From one Palace building to another. He's lucky to still be in that position.
Mad isn't it. 30 bedroom home that royal lodge is. Who needs a 30 bed home ffs. As you say, homeless ex-military on the street snd this bloke gets a mansion to live in, and now being offered Harry & Meghan's old home, which is also a mansion pretty much.

Reactions: 8
Wow ok. I wonder why she chose humanities because there's generally more money in maths based careers.
---

I heard one of the royal experts mention that if Charles wasn't who he is he would likely have enjoyed farming. Makes sense.
To get on the same course as William?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Mad isn't it. 30 bedroom home that royal lodge is. Who needs a 30 bed home ffs. As you say, homeless ex-military on the street snd this bloke gets a mansion to live in, and now being offered Harry & Meghan's old home, which is also a mansion pretty much.
I think what gets me is the statement "the King is cutting the annual £250,000 subsidy that the late Queen gave to Andrew – meaning he can no longer afford the upkeep for the mansion."

So... the house belongs to the crown, and to maintain it Andrew was getting money from his mother. Now, at the age of 63 with no dependents living at home, he expects his brother to either maintain the house for him and let him continue to live there, or continue to give him a quarter of a million pounds each year so he can afford it.

He's going to be in housing funded by his brother regardless of where he is, why does he need the prestige of a mansion he apparently can't afford, paid for by others? Given he's now one of the dirty family secrets, he can't even claim he's working for his keep.

Reactions: 14
For that class and that time, it was normal, even more so for service personnel. The children, even if the parents were at home, were the property of the nanny. They probably saw them twice a day when they were nice and clean. Then it was off to prep school and boarding school.
Even in the 60s it was like that. Princess Caroline of Monaco (Grace Kelly’s daughter) said a few years ago that her and her siblings were closer to the Nanny than their own mother, and would get upset when the Nanny went away during the summer holidays. Grace would call the Nanny back earlier for them. The siblings didn’t even eat with their parents until they were 14!

• Wow
Neither do naturally gifted pupils (I know a fair few) so it still doesn’t explain why the Royals are not very clever?!
Possibly because they are pushed down the academic route when they aren’t actually academic. One of the cleverest people I knew didn’t have an academic qualification to their name.

Reactions: 6
Neither do naturally gifted pupils (I know a fair few) so it still doesn’t explain why the Royals are not very clever?!
I think Zara and her brother studied more difficult subjects at school. Zara Tindall studied Equine Physiotherapy at Exeter University and became the first female Royal to attend university, whilst Peter studied Sports Science.

But it does seem that the British Royals don’t seem to push themselves academically, especially when you look at royals from around the world. For example Prince Pavlos, the Crown Prince of Greece graduated with a masters degree in International Relations Law and Organisation from Georgetown, Victoria Crown Princess of Sweden studied Political Science and Peace and Conflict Studies at Uppsala and Princess Ubolratana Rajakanya of Thailand studied Science in Mathematics at MIT before finishing her degree in UCLA. Maybe it’s because the British royal family don’t think education is important or they feel too entitled to study (I met some people like that at university).

Even in the 60s it was like that. Princess Caroline of Monaco (Grace Kelly’s daughter) said a few years ago that her and her siblings were closer to the Nanny than their own mother, and would get upset when the Nanny went away during the summer holidays. Grace would call the Nanny back earlier for them. The siblings didn’t even eat with their parents until they were 14!
Which is why you can see how Harry came to have such an idealised view of Diana. This glamorous, glittering charismatic figure swooping in being glamorous and glittering and affectionate and doing exciting things. Unlike William he never really knew her as an actual person and she so there she is in his mind as some sort of idealised construct.

Reactions: 13
I think Zara and her brother studied more difficult subjects at school. Zara Tindall studied Equine Physiotherapy at Exeter University and became the first female Royal to attend university, whilst Peter studied Sports Science.

But it does seem that the British Royals don’t seem to push themselves academically, especially when you look at royals from around the world. For example Prince Pavlos, the Crown Prince of Greece graduated with a masters degree in International Relations Law and Organisation from Georgetown, Victoria Crown Princess of Sweden studied Political Science and Peace and Conflict Studies at Uppsala and Princess Ubolratana Rajakanya of Thailand studied Science in Mathematics at MIT before finishing her degree in UCLA. Maybe it’s because the British royal family don’t think education is important or they feel too entitled to study (I met some people like that at university).
To be fair to Prince William and King Charles they do at least still have a throne to sit on, Prince Pavlos doesn't Greece now being a republic. The Princess of Wales as has already been pointed out is very highly educated, AAB at A Level including an A grade in a STEM subject and graduated from St Andrews in History of Art. She also plays the piano very well and the King has interests in history and architecture and the environment and plays the cello

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.