The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s not actually about the education. It’s about the contacts and friends you make.
Yeah that's it isn't it. It's like the Eton lot, they all know and mix with one another. The royals would never have working class friends i doubt. It's like Rishi saying he had working class friends. Lol

Reactions: 6
I just looked up his grades. Yes you’re right. I then looked up Harry’s grades and it seems he took after his mother! Makes you wonder how the more intelligent Meghan has much in common with him?!

I wonder why none of them are academically gifted?

Kate did OK so maybe there’s hope for George, Charlotte and Louie?
I just googled and Kate got 2 As and a B which I think would have been very good back then because you couldn’t get an A* at Alevel until about 10 years ago. Hopefully some of that can rub off on the kids. With rich people I don’t think it’s necessarily a case that they’re stupid, William got one A so he must have some brains, it’s just they don’t need to both trying to exceed because they’ll always land on their feet. Kates parents were never rich or well connected enough for her to be guaranteed a job so she actually had to try at her Alevels. Apparently Harry wanted to use Spare as a chance to show everyone he’s not stupid but he could have just done that at school.

Reactions: 6
I know folks who went there at the time. He was failing but allowed to switch degrees instead as it would be too humiliating to have him drop out.

I think it’s pretty clear he and Kate will never step up.
I thought he switched from history of art which is regarded as a bit of a Mickeyouse subject to Geography! Or was it the other way around.

Reactions: 2
I just looked up his grades. Yes you’re right. I then looked up Harry’s grades and it seems he took after his mother! Makes you wonder how the more intelligent Meghan has much in common with him?!

I wonder why none of them are academically gifted?

Kate did OK so maybe there’s hope for George, Charlotte and Louie?
What subjects did kate, william and harry study? It does seem that many of the royals and aristocrats study humanities subjects and not so much science or maths based ones. Not sure if that's true for most though.

Reactions: 1
Geography would be more challenging than history o art I would have thought.
I've always wondered what history of art entailed. Obviously the history of art, but does the course involve actually doing art or just learning about art?

I cannot talk much as i never went to university, but I'm always curious about certain courses that aren't necessarily deemed by some to be as important.

What subjects did kate, william and harry study? It does seem that many of the royals and aristocrats study humanities subjects and not so much science or maths based ones. Not sure if that's true for most though.
Kate got an A in Maths at A level but went on to study History of Art.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Yeah, there really hasn't been a standout from the grades of the Royal Family, mathematically speaking...

Geography would be more challenging than history o art I would have thought.
I would have thought so but perhaps there was a practical element that made up a percentage of the marks. History of Art might have been a bit too..intangible for his thought processes?

This article breaks down all their grades and degrees, they all seem to do pretty wooly degrees except maybe Eugenie. Even Meghan who’s seen as the intelligent one doing a degree in theatre is pretty Mickey Mouse. If true it’s funny that Charles bodyguard attended all his lectures with him and sat the exams got a 1st versus Charles 2:2😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13

This article breaks down all their grades and degrees, they all seem to do pretty wooly degrees except maybe Eugenie. Even Meghan who’s seen as the intelligent one doing a degree in theatre is pretty Mickey Mouse. If true it’s funny that Charles bodyguard attended all his lectures with him and sat the exams got a 1st versus Charles 2:2😂
I love that story! I hope it is true!

Wow ok. I wonder why she chose humanities because there's generally more money in maths based careers.
---

I heard one of the royal experts mention that if Charles wasn't who he is he would likely have enjoyed farming. Makes sense.

with regards to W&K I wonder if The Queen and/or Charles allowed them to do less and be more ‘family oriented’ as they didn’t do it with their children and possibly regretted it? Maybe it was an agreement that they’d step up once he became PoW?
There’s an interview with William around the time he was getting criticism for not doing enough and he said the Queen had told him to take time with his family as she obviously realised she should have spent more time with her children. She used to go off on tours for 9 months leaving Charles and Anne.
---
I know folks who went there at the time. He was failing but allowed to switch degrees instead as it would be too humiliating to have him drop out.

I think it’s pretty clear he and Kate will never step up.
Plenty of normal folk are allowed to switch degrees. It’s not unusual or favouritism due to royalty.

Reactions: 5
Typical, thick as a plank rich girl, does her best, does well & then what?
Gold plated slide rule not enough, she has to get mucky with the Old Masters.
tsk tsk tsk

Reactions: 3
There’s an interview with William around the time he was getting criticism for not doing enough and he said the Queen had told him to take time with his family as she obviously realised she should have spent more time with her children. She used to go off on tours for 9 months leaving Charles and Anne.
---

Plenty of normal folk are allowed to switch degrees. It’s not unusual or favouritism due to royalty.
To be fair, it wasn’t just The Queening that took her away. Even before she was Queen, she went to Malta with Philip on his naval posting leaving Charles and Anne with the nanny, even over Christmas. Charles and Anne really just had the typical, for the time, life as the child of aristocratic service parents, regardless of anything else..

Reactions: 4
It was because he was doing very poorly at St A's and wanted to drop out, so he switched majors. Better that than the public shame of dropping out of uni. I think it was probably too difficult for him - St Andrews is an excellent uni!!

I changed majors myself and did a double degree instead because I had no life :LOL:

There's 0 excuse for doing far less work than elderlies in their 70s, but they will continue to trot out the kids as an excuse. They are both inherently lazy - probably most royals are, even at full time engagements it's nothing like even people who work part time!

HMTQ and Philip were distant parents for sure, and a product of the time - which is odd considering how stultifying, and clingy, HER parents were.

Reactions: 5
It was because he was doing very poorly at St A's and wanted to drop out, so he switched majors. Better that than the public shame of dropping out of uni. I think it was probably too difficult for him - St Andrews is an excellent uni!!

I changed majors myself and did a double degree instead because I had no life :LOL:

There's 0 excuse for doing far less work than elderlies in their 70s, but they will continue to trot out the kids as an excuse. They are both inherently lazy - probably most royals are, even at full time engagements it's nothing like even people who work part time!

HMTQ and Philip were distant parents for sure, and a product of the time - which is odd considering how stultifying, and clingy, HER parents were.
I wondered why TLQ was so distant and l assume it's because she thought she had to parent that way as C was going to be King. Also maybe Philip influenced their parenting style.

Reactions: 1
I wondered why TLQ was so distant and l assume it's because she thought she had to parent that way as C was going to be King. Also maybe Philip influenced their parenting style.
I think so. Charles being send to Gordonstoun when the Queen knew he would be miserable there - and the original plan had been Eton. Philip ruled the family roost because he had to walk two steps behind, so she placated him in this way.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.