The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was listening to bbc london radio during the coronation weekend. An author named Tom Quinn who wrote about growing up as royals.

He mentioned how they don't have to worry about getting good grades or going to work, simply because they are born into the privilege and they therefore don't have to try much at all, especially when it comes to education because...nepotism.

They can get a top education without needing to get 3 A* (for e.g) like us normies would need to, and even then there would be no guarantee of us getting into said institution unlike them.

It's really the same old for those with privilege. Imagine what someone else may have achieved with that education over any of the other younger royals who seemingly take that education for granted.

Even though there's part of me that is intrigued by the royal family and their history, it's the privilege that leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially when they get the finer things including education.
That's standard for rich kids I imagine. It is sickening when you're outside the loop though.

Reactions: 8
I was listening to bbc london radio during the coronation weekend. An author named Tom Quinn who wrote about growing up as royals.

He mentioned how they don't have to worry about getting good grades or going to work, simply because they are born into the privilege and they therefore don't have to try much at all, especially when it comes to education because...nepotism.

They can get a top education without needing to get 3 A* (for e.g) like us normies would need to, and even then there would be no guarantee of us getting into said institution unlike them.

It's really the same old for those with privilege. Imagine what someone else may have achieved with that education over any of the other younger royals who seemingly take that education for granted.

Even though there's part of me that is intrigued by the royal family and their history, it's the privilege that leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially when they get the finer things including education.
Oh yeah Harry had help to get into Sandhurst because he wouldn't have made the grade by himself. Thick as apparently.

Reactions: 6
Harry wants nothing to do with the RF....sometimes.How could there be a half in, half out Regent? A job share with MM? ;)
And yet he accepted the Prince & Princess titles for his children so he’s more ‘in’when it suits.

Reactions: 14

Charles got into Cambridge with very low grades.

Reactions: 5
That's standard for rich kids I imagine. It is sickening when you're outside the loop though.
Yeah seems to be. Seems to happen with many of our PMs too. Not saying the leaders of the country don't work hard and aren't capable academically, but it seems to be so much of who you know in those privileged social circles. I know there will always be the haves and have nots, but it's still a hard pill to swallow the more you learn about the upper echelons (if you can call them that) of society.

Reactions: 9
Yeah seems to be. Seems to happen with many of our PMs too. Not saying the leaders of the country don't work hard and aren't capable academically, but it seems to be so much of who you know in those privileged social circles. I know there will always be the haves and have nots, but it's still a hard pill to swallow the more you learn about the upper echelons (if you can call them that) of society.
It's very much about the "old boy" network

Reactions: 10
Ya it's even worse with PMs I think. At least everyone already knows they can't be king. In theory anyone should be able to become PM whether they've been to Oxbridge or not.

Reactions: 14
Ya is even worse with PMs I think. At least everyone knows they can't be king. In theory anyone should be able to become PM whether they've been to Oxbridge or not.
It seems that those who enjoy being a leader have some ego issue and superiority complex. That makes sense when you learn about many of their backgrounds, education, family etc.

It seems that those who enjoy being a leader have some ego issue and superiority complex. That makes sense when you learn about many of their backgrounds, education, family etc.
They have so much confidence in themselves and their ability or their right to do the job. Whether that confidence is well-placed is another matter but they have it in spades! Lots of us have ideas and opinions and could potentially be great leaders but we don't have the confidence.

Reactions: 1
They have so much confidence in themselves and their ability or their right to do the job. Whether that confidence is well-placed is another matter but they have it in spades! Lots of us have ideas and opinions and could potentially be great leaders but we don't have the confidence.
Oh yeah, they definitely have delusions too. Boris wanted to be king of the world or something like that when he was young. Plus his father seems like a bit of a egomaniac. Tony Blair seemed to fancy himself as a rockstar back in the day too haha, so there's that side. I would like to hear an interview with many of the past PMs and MPs who wanted to be leader, and listen to what sets them apart from others who didn't want to be leader.

Reactions: 3
William wouldn't have got into St Andrews with his grades either tbf
I just looked up his grades. Yes you’re right. I then looked up Harry’s grades and it seems he took after his mother! Makes you wonder how the more intelligent Meghan has much in common with him?!

I wonder why none of them are academically gifted?

Kate did OK so maybe there’s hope for George, Charlotte and Louie?

I just looked up his grades. Yes you’re right. I then looked up Harry’s grades and it seems he took after his mother! Makes you wonder how the more intelligent Meghan has much in common with him?!

I wonder why none of them are academically gifted?

Kate did OK so maybe there’s hope for George, Charlotte and Louie?
Because they don't need to bother trying.

Reactions: 4
I remember learning that there are higher rates of those with antisocial personality disorder traits as CEOs and the like than in the general population, suddenly a lot of leadership personalities made sense.

It's one thing to have strong ideals and political motivations. It's another to be willing to step over others to get to the top.
Full often "true" success requires the will to allow or cause others to fail.

Neither do naturally gifted pupils (I know a fair few) so it still doesn’t explain why the Royals are not very clever?!
Brainy people not in their DNA Diana used to jokingly admit that she was thick as a plank.

I don't see a problem with them having done less in the past as long as they step up now. They're going to be working until they die so why not take time to be at home while their kids were young. They're never going to be able to retire or be out of the public eye so they've kind of had their retirement years in their 30s. I think the kids are all in school now though and William has moved up to 1st in line so he in particular needs to do more.
with regards to W&K I wonder if The Queen and/or Charles allowed them to do less and be more ‘family oriented’ as they didn’t do it with their children and possibly regretted it? Maybe it was an agreement that they’d step up once he became PoW?

William wouldn't have got into St Andrews with his grades either tbf
I know folks who went there at the time. He was failing but allowed to switch degrees instead as it would be too humiliating to have him drop out.

I think it’s pretty clear he and Kate will never step up.

Reactions: 6
It will be a different type of monarchy for sure, more like European RFs as in celebrities rather than royalty.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.