The Royal Family #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This was the McQueen one which she edited
View attachment 2168759
I can definitely see the inspiration between the look on the left and the Eurovision dress
View attachment 2168760
I’m not really a fan of these types of dresses but I think the original white one (dress on the right) looked much better without the floaty bits.
I agree. And I really didn’t like the black gloves with it at all. They just didn’t work with the flowing dress.

Reactions: 5
I thought the blue dress was stunning g and the one shoulder suits her. Loved how it was placed around the stool.

Reactions: 11
I think it's also worth realising that some family messes were left for Charles to deal to as the Queen didn't address them. Whatever can be said for Charles, he does seem to view his position (first as PoW and now as King) as requiring of his action as well as a birthright.
I don't think he's going to waste his rule on cleaning up and doing his bits to just set up another abdication cleanup, knowing the stress it put his grandfather through. Though one imagines it would be a lot less messy, it would still require PR navigation that William hasn't shown the skills for to date.
I don’t actually think William is ready. Charles started his apprenticeship from when he was invested, if not before. William has really only started his in the last few years and then somewhat half heartedly. For the heir to the throne he had a lot of latitude so he’s kind of 10 years behind in his How To Be A King training.

Reactions: 13
I don’t actually think William is ready. Charles started his apprenticeship from when he was invested, if not before. William has really only started his in the last few years and then somewhat half heartedly. For the heir to the throne he had a lot of latitude so he’s kind of 10 years behind in his How To Be A King training.
If Charles died suddenly he would have to be King like it or not.

If Charles abdicates and after a few years William dies whilst George is still a minor, who would rule?

I think it's also worth realising that some family messes were left for Charles to deal to as the Queen didn't address them. Whatever can be said for Charles, he does seem to view his position (first as PoW and now as King) as requiring of his action as well as a birthright.
I don't think he's going to waste his rule on cleaning up and doing his bits to just set up another abdication cleanup, knowing the stress it put his grandfather through. Though one imagines it would be a lot less messy, it would still require PR navigation that William hasn't shown the skills for to date.
I completely agree with this. I think he actually acts and seems to have some good ideas. I do like Kate and Wills, although I think Kate and the family ideal is what makes them so popular, rather than Wills himself, but somebody posted the number of events each royal had carried out and I was surprised to see them both as low as they were. They could do more!

A regent would be brought in
But who would be the regent? Andrew or Harry?
Because I’m wondering if that’s a factor why he might not retire yet (if at all). It’s safer when both heirs are over the age of 18.

Reactions: 2
But who would be the regent? Andrew or Harry?
Because I’m wondering if that’s a factor why he might not retire yet (if at all). It’s safer when both heirs are over the age of 18.
I'm sure they have a plan that doesn't include Andrew or Harry. There's no way either of them would be a good option.

I'm sure they have a plan that doesn't include Andrew or Harry. There's no way either of them would be a good option.
I would have though it would be a working royal so, although not young, Anne or Edward would be more likely. Probably Edward although unlikely to be necessary as it would mean William would die unexpectedly young

Reactions: 1
A cording to the 1937 Regency act unless disqualified, the next person in line for succession would be regent that's Harry.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
If William assumes the throne before George is 18, they might look at an updated Regency Act, given it gets updated reasonably often.

They'd not be keen to risk a media wave of Harry as Richard III worries.

• Haha
William and Katherine are fine doing public duties they deal well with the great unwashed. They are just lazy and use their kids as an excuse to get out of doing boring work.

Harry is the Regent, it will be him. It’s discussed often when people talk about removing Harry from the line of succession

I think they will still want it for balcony moments but perhaps more of it will be open to rhe public. However so much money spent on renovations, think it will raise an eyebrow or two if it's never lived in again.

I call BS on having the Middletons fill in for royal duties. We might see them accompanying them though- especially when the younglings are present.

In comparison I do prefer the blue dress- but the belt is somewhat wrong. I get why she updated the white dress- the flowery shoulder looks really dated but the new sash doesn’t really work in white or maybe the black gloves just made it look like that. If I see white or very pale dresses like this I do immediately wish for a Grecian goddess touch. Messy updo and all. The brighter colour definitely was a good choice with the open hair.
In general I think a one shoulder is a beautiful look on most people.

Agree with @Eirawen : an abdication would be a completely different situation than 1936. And while I think that an abdication due to not getting your way would be highly frowned upon (in the family, the institution and the public), abdicating because you can’t fill the role properly for health reasons would be a different thing. Even though they could also just update the regency act to make a regency easier AND find a new way to organise the reign of a minor. I could see Anne or Edward or even Kate filling in as Regent, highly supported by the Privy Council.

Harry is the Regent, it will be him. It’s discussed often when people talk about removing Harry from the line of succession
Can they not change it? It's unlikely that something will happen to both Charles and William in the next 9 years but Harry would be a disaster - the public don't like him.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.