The Royal Family #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who is saying there's many things she can't eat? Kate has always been skinny, her mum and Pippa are the same so it's probably genetic.
I swear so many critic her weight and think it's completely fine, would it be the same way if she was overweight and people commented?
They just said they wouldn't want to be that thin.

I doubt Kate woofs down sausages and Burger King on the regular. She lost weight in the run up to the wedding, she must have done something I order to do that.

Reactions: 5
I personally think she has a problem; she looks like many of my friends who have struggled with EDs. I would still love to look like that though. I work out regularly, I’m a small woman, but I could never starve myself. I would probably need to be about 80lbs to look like that!

Reactions: 8

I doubt Kate woofs down sausages and Burger King on the regular. She lost weight in the run up to the wedding, she must have done something I order to do that.
many brides lose weight before their wedding due to stress. I'd imagine the stress for a royal wedding watched and critiqued by millions would be 100x worse. Both Kate and Meghan lost weight before their big day.

Reactions: 6
From my experience there are not many people who can eat normally and stay thin. All my colleagues who are thin are very conscious what and how much they eat.

Reactions: 6
Who is saying there's many things she can't eat? Kate has always been skinny, her mum and Pippa are the same so it's probably genetic.
I swear so many critic her weight and think it's completely fine, would it be the same way if she was overweight and people commented?
To remain at Kates weight you have to be very regulated in what you eat, she’s hardly having dessert every day is she? 🤷🏻‍♀️that’s not really a criticism, just not a life I personally would want to lead. IMO Life’s too short to forgo what I view as pleasures. Kate probably doesn’t view them as life’s pleasures which is fair enough, we’re all different.

I would imagine that her food intake/exercise routines are carefully calibrated to maintain an even weight.

Reactions: 2
I just think it seems much more accepted to say someone is too thin (she's so thin, she looks like she'll snap in two) than to say someone is too fat. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
I would imagine that her food intake/exercise routines are carefully calibrated to maintain an even weight.
I think so too. I think she eats just enough to keep herself healthy and she works out a lot. She has a fair amount of muscle so she must be eating enough to maintain that. I always think she's on some kind of high protein low carb diet - almost like a bodybuilder nearly. She hasn't got an ounce of excess fat anywhere on her body. I know she's naturally slim anyway but you don't get a figure like the one she had in the bikini picture shared earlier unless you're doing a lot of exercise and watching what you eat as well. Abs don't happen by accident unfortunately!

I just think it seems much more accepted to say someone is too thin (she's so thin, she looks like she'll snap in two) than to say someone is too fat. 🤷‍♀️
Fat is used as an insult in a bullying way that saying someone is too thin isn't. She is certainly a lot thinner than she used to be.

Fat is used as an insult in a bullying way that saying someone is too thin isn't. She is certainly a lot thinner than she used to be.
how is using fat (a descriptive word) bullying but saying someone will break in two or stick insect with an eating disorder not?

I think it's pretty wrong to comment on anyone's weight but one seems much more acceptable than the other.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
There’s plenty you can critique her for but for me personally it feels uncomfortable to talk about her weight.
“She clearly has an eating disorder” is thrown around like it’s an insult or something to judge. It’s not, it’s an illness that will never go away with judgements and opinions like those.
Nobody is suggesting she’s putting away a chocolate cake every day, but most of us aren’t one of the most photographed women in the world. I critique a simple quick photo taken on holiday/a special occasion, I can’t begin to imagine what I would be like if there were hundreds of photos taken of me every time I left the house.
---
Why is everyone tip toeing round this subject. Of course the stick insect has an eating disorder, long discussed, most likely bulimia or jus plain starvation with the aid of pills. Can’t see her on the royal bog shitting out her insides every hour, so doubt it’s laxatives.

I’ve seen her in the flesh, you are simply not prepared for just how skinny she is. She used to be a porker by comparison in St Andy’s days, which suited her much better, and she looked terrific. Obviously at nearer to 2M in height, there’s no way she’s 6 stone ‘naturally’. Give over.
“Of course the stick insect has an eating disorder” I hope nobody close to you ever suffers it that’s your attitude. An eating disorder isn’t a choice, it’s not something to judge or shame. It’s a debilitating and sometimes life threatening illness. Do better.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It’s not a criticism of her current weight but it’s not right to suggest she has always been as slim as she is now. As a teen and early twenties she was a totally different shape and size and she has clearly worked a lot to get down to the size she is now. She has never been what could be considered large - or anywhere vaguely near - but I’d say her weight now is largely due to lots of exercise and a very controlled food intake. Lots of similarities with Victoria Beckham’s regime?.

In the photo from their last Christmas card and the pictures they shared today for Mother’s Day she looks slimmer than her children and that does feel a bit uncomfortable

Attachments

To remain at Kates weight you have to be very regulated in what you eat, she’s hardly having dessert every day is she? 🤷🏻‍♀️that’s not really a criticism, just not a life I personally would want to lead. IMO Life’s too short to forgo what I view as pleasures. Kate probably doesn’t view them as life’s pleasures which is fair enough, we’re all different.
That’s not true for everyone, my daughter is 5 foot 10 and a six 6. She has a very healthy appetite and eats her fair share of treats. All of the women on her dad’s side are all naturally very slim and athletic.

Reactions: 10
It’s not a criticism of her current weight but it’s not right to suggest she has always been as slim as she is now. As a teen and early twenties she was a totally different shape and size and she has clearly worked a lot to get down to the size she is now. She has never been what could be considered large - or anywhere vaguely near - but I’d say her weight now is largely due to lots of exercise and a very controlled food intake. Lots of similarities with Victoria Beckham’s regime?.

In the photo from their last Christmas card and the pictures they shared today for Mother’s Day she looks slimmer than her children and that does feel a bit uncomfortable
Yes I’d say so. Everyone is bigger at uni due to all the alcohol and take aways you eat. I’d say she eats healthily and probably does avoid sweet treats more than the average woman, alongside regular exercise it’s probably enough to keep her very slim.

There are some pretty nasty comments about being thin on here.
---
There’s plenty you can critique her for but for me personally it feels uncomfortable to talk about her weight.
“She clearly has an eating disorder” is thrown around like it’s an insult or something to judge. It’s not, it’s an illness that will never go away with judgements and opinions like those.
Nobody is suggesting she’s putting away a chocolate cake every day, but most of us aren’t one of the most photographed women in the world. I critique a simple quick photo taken on holiday/a special occasion, I can’t begin to imagine what I would be like if there were hundreds of photos taken of me every time I left the house.
---

“Of course the stick insect has an eating disorder” I hope nobody close to you ever suffers it that’s your attitude. An eating disorder isn’t a choice, it’s not something to judge or shame. It’s a debilitating and sometimes life threatening illness. Do better.
Great post. Thank you.

Last edited:
Kate is very slim and is a lot slimmer than before she got married - there’s no denying that. She doesn’t have fat on her which can be as unhealthy as people who have too much fat.
She’s under a lot of pressure to look a certain way in public and it’s not like she’s married into a normal family.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think she does a wonderful job in public. In private she could be having to deal with a lot of stress and anxiety what with being under scrutiny all the time and not being allowed to make "mistakes".

Reactions: 1
Kate is very slim and is a lot slimmer than before she got married - there’s no denying that. She doesn’t have fat on her which can be as unhealthy as people who have too much fat.
She’s under a lot of pressure to look a certain way in public and it’s not like she’s married into a normal family.
Not normal at all no🤨

Reactions: 1
I think she does a wonderful job in public. In private she could be having to deal with a lot of stress and anxiety what with being under scrutiny all the time and not being allowed to make "mistakes".
Unfortunately that’s the trade off. I don’t think anyone these days - certainly post-Diana - could say the level of scrutiny came as any sort of of shock and luckily for her, her days of adverse press seem to behind her (friend is sure that the Daily Mail writers are contractually obligated to get ‘heart warming’ into any story they write).

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.