The Royal Family #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is Kate isn’t pretending she doesn’t do anything to achieve that look. We just don’t have the inside track on how she spends her personal time. She might do 2 hours a day in the gym and eat lots of lean protein and never snack. But why should we know that. I guess we can just assume that given she seems to be able to participate in athletic activities, has healthy looking hair and skin and has muscle definition, she must be eating a healthy and varied diet.
People in prominent positions do need to be careful that damaging assumptions aren’t made. I know she can’t control the press so it’s a bit different from an influencer claiming a perfect life but she could do a lot of good by making it clear that she works hard, especially when she and William claim to have an interest in improving people’s mental health

Reactions: 1
AS
The thing is Kate isn’t pretending she doesn’t do anything to achieve that look. We just don’t have the inside track on how she spends her personal time. She might do 2 hours a day in the gym and eat lots of lean protein and never snack. But why should we know that. I guess we can just assume that given she seems to be able to participate in athletic activities, has healthy looking hair and skin and has muscle definition, she must be eating a healthy and varied diet.
I remember reading in the run up to the wedding she refused a dessert at some charity dinner and her and Pippa did Paleo too to "look their best" before the wedding too.

As much as i complain about her, part of her job is to look good at events so she probably is going hell for leather at the gym daily and has quite a restrictive diet to keep looking that thin - I personally think she looks better with some extra weight on her and clothes will fit her better too.

Reactions: 10
People in prominent positions do need to be careful that damaging assumptions aren’t made. I know she can’t control the press so it’s a bit different from an influencer claiming a perfect life but she could do a lot of good by making it clear that she works hard, especially when she and William claim to have an interest in improving people’s mental health
I think if people are assuming that everyone who is slim is so while eating high calorie diets and not exercising, that's a failure in people's understanding as opposed to someone not being open enough about their dietary habits.

There's a bit of a tendency on social media to assume people have either no dietary restrictions or are unhealthily restrictive, and that's not the case. I don't think it's down to every famous person to detail their lifestyle choices to combat that, though.

Reactions: 11
I’m just going to start this comment by saying: I am not saying Kate has an eating disorder, we don’t know, we can’t possibly know, it’s totally private to her which is fair enough.

One of the main reasons people develop eating disorders is to feel like they have a sense of control in their lives. I don’t think it’s hard to imagine that healthy eating and a rigorous exercise regime help Kate feel like she has a bit more control, and something just for her in her life. So I can understand why people do speculate. That being said, it doesn’t mean that because she eats very healthy and exercises a lot, she definitely has an eating disorder or uses it to control things. She might just really enjoy those things, and if so fair play, I enjoy cake too much 😅

I know a lot of people in here think she had a really cushty life, and I don’t for a second believe she needs much sympathy, but I do think her position must be incredibly stressful. Trying to bring up three kids in such a public way must be really difficult, especially now in the era of mobile phones and social media.

Louis is 4 and has already been dubbed “cheeky” and essentially non-conforming. He’s already a meme. For all we know he might actually be super shy 🤷🏻‍♀️ George has his life planned for him, and isn’t able to make any mistakes. The feeling she must have to try and protect him must be really hard. And Charlotte is going to be so harassed as a teenager… I remember papers doing countdowns until people like Emma Watson were legal…

I can fully understand why she would use exercise as a way of venting that stress in a healthy way. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I do think though, that it’s important that as members of public that we recognise she doesn’t look the way she does with zero effort. She has stylists, probably personal trainers, she will have people helping her with what to eat to make sure her skin and hair stay perfect. She will have regular beauty treatments like massages and facials. Her beauty regimen probably costs 100’s every single week. The RF will deem this an important investment because she is really the “face” of the RF, her and William are what they need people to buy into. She’s a walking talking billboard for the RF and the UK, that pressure alone is probably enough to make her think twice about a slice of cake.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
There would be huge pressure when you know that you are photographed constantly and from every single angle. We all hate photos of ourselves that others take when we haven't had a chance to look up and smile or sit up straighter/not have 50 chins on show etc. I cant imagine the feeling of knowing you need to be perfect at all times. No make up slips, hair shiny and immaculate, no ladders in tights or specks of dirt on shoes etc.
I'm sure it isn't easy and It would make anyone feel pressured into looking immaculate at all times.
I would hate it

Reactions: 16
There are people on this thread that have said they think Kate is naturally the way she is and that it is down to genetics. Some people on the Meghan thread even think she's skinny because she's stressed from Meghan and she's busy running around after the kids. I think it's important to acknowledge that that is not the case. She has muscle and you don't get that without working out. I think William is quite lean as well and I'd say they both have quite a healthy lifestyle. It really annoys me when celebrities or influencers claim to be naturally slim or when they regularly show themselves with huge portions of junk food and you just know that they're not eating like that really. I think working out is seen as aspirational and celebs and influencers don't mind sharing that but a lot of them definitely don't tell the truth about what they're eating. I'm not talking about Kate here but more the assumptions people make on her behalf. So what if she has to work hard to maintain her figure? There's no shame in it.

Reactions: 14
There are people on this thread that have said they think Kate is naturally the way she is and that it is down to genetics. Some people on the Meghan thread even think she's skinny because she's stressed from Meghan and she's busy running around after the kids. I think it's important to acknowledge that that is not the case. She has muscle and you don't get that without working out. I think William is quite lean as well and I'd say they both have quite a healthy lifestyle. It really annoys me when celebrities or influencers claim to be naturally slim or when they regularly show themselves with huge portions of junk food and you just know that they're not eating like that really. I think working out is seen as aspirational and celebs and influencers don't mind sharing that but a lot of them definitely don't tell the truth about what they're eating. I'm not talking about Kate here but more the assumptions people make on her behalf. So what if she has to work hard to maintain her figure? There's no shame in it.
Exactly, I think it would be a very powerful message for her to make. As I mentioned previously she’s claimed to be interested in improving mental health and this would tie in with this

Reactions: 4
Exactly, I think it would be a very powerful message for her to make. As I mentioned previously she’s claimed to be interested in improving mental health and this would tie in with this
Yes and it would be very relatable as well. The quote below from Kate doesn't ring true to me at all.

Speaking as patron of the Rugby Football Union, the Princess said: "It’s running around after the children..whenever I can squeeze in exercise I do..even jumping on the trampoline with my children before school."

Reactions: 7
I agree with you, for example I lost a lot of respect for Maya Jama when I saw her in the McDonalds ads. I just think it’s so incredibly disingenuous.

ETA: there is nothing wrong with eating McDonalds, but there is no way she regularly eats it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Yes and it would be very relatable as well. The quote below from Kate doesn't ring true to me at all.

Speaking as patron of the Rugby Football Union, the Princess said: "It’s running around after the children..whenever I can squeeze in exercise I do..even jumping on the trampoline with my children before school."
So she exercises at every opportunity then

Reactions: 2
So she exercises at every opportunity then
See that’s the sort of exercise I prefer … exercise without formally exercising.
The though of having to go and do a run on a treadmill because I’ve had a biscuit fills me with horror.
the best workouts I did was when I used to cycle with my friend who used to horseride. Best interval training ever.
She is the fittest person I have ever known …. and again didn’t consider it exercising because she loved it so much (and mucking out is a workout in itself) And she still has abs of steel.
which is more than likely why the likes of The Queen was and Anne is so fit (although I’d assume mucking out is someone else’s job).

(Although at state functions, the Queen was famous for not really eating much, just moving it round the plate and blaming talking too much).

Reactions: 4
People who are truly slim and fit tend to be very active types who just don't like to sit around. Research has shown that fidgeting uses up a lot of calories as it's often constant.
If you walk a lot, run up stairs, whip out a hoover whenever you can and have energetic hobbies like dancing or rambling then you're going to be slim.
My friend is very slim because she is such a slow eater.

Reactions: 6
So many young people especially girls drop out of sports during puberty and teenage-hood. It would be great to see Kate (who obviously has been into sports since she was young) encourage young people into sports and exercise.

Reactions: 10
So many young people especially girls drop out of sports during puberty and teenage-hood. It would be great to see Kate (who obviously has been into sports since she was young) encourage young people into sports and exercise.
Yes I think it’s a shame that the Duke of Edinburgh award wasn’t passed onto Kate for this reason

Reactions: 5
Edward has been doing DOE stuff for years. Wouldn't make any sense to have handed it to Kate.
Said before, and I’ll say it again :cool: :D
I’d have like to see her do some sort of feeder award for the DoE scheme, say 10-14 years, with the aim of keeping young people involved in sport and activities and getting them over that age hump when the biggest drop off happens.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’d have like to see her do some sort of feeder award for the DoE scheme, say 10-14 years, with the aim of keeping young people involved in sport and activities and getting them over that age hump when the biggest drop off happens.
this is a really good idea! It also bridges the ages between primary and secondary school so could help with the transition between schools.

Reactions: 8
I used to be in sports so I think this would be great - she'd actually work and do something. I'm not keen on the early years stuff simply because it is make work nonsense to me - but engaging with charities to get and KEEP girls and in general young people who are not otherwise able to afford to BE in sports of their choosing would be wonderful. Sports are expensive and we lose so much talent in kids whose families can't afford it.

Reactions: 6
This is such a great idea

Reactions: 2
Edward might have been doing DoE stuff for years, but quite honestly- he is not as good as a fit as Kate. And the point that Kate does better at sporty appointments has been made for almost a decade. It was clear from the beginning. If they had been strategising better, they would have capitalised on it. It was always clear that she needed a pet focus. Why not slowly introduce her more and more in the DoE scheme. An already established and well loved program? She would still have had time to concentrate on her children and starting to build up her presence a year before Philip officially retired. The idea of a side branch for younger children, keeping teens active and get more girls to participate would have fantastic. Especially as being active outside sometimes sound like her all round recipe for a good childhood.

I don’t see a problem with replacing Edward in general. That’s the downside of playing in the third row. Of course now, that he is the new DoE it’s a bad look. I wish Charles would have recreated another dukedom for him. Apart from sentimental reasons every other Dukedom would have been fine. What about Norfolk or Sommerset. I am not sure how it works with the re-creating after they fell back or died out. I read it’s basically a „new“ dukedom if they hand it out again even though the name is the same. The Dukedom of Edinburg that Philip held is not the same as the Dukedom of Gloucester and Edinburgh that died out in 1834. And I think the one for Edward is new as well after Philip’s merged with the crown after Charles became King.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.