The Royal Family #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I presume this won't come to anything but Spare really is the gift that keeps on giving. It was such an own goal for Harry. I wonder if he regrets it yet.
It won’t come to anything because the Heritage Foundation will need Harry’s written permission to access his visa records, and he’s hardly going to do that for a neo-con think tank working in conjunction with a right wing tabloid he’s currently suing. It’s just more noise, as usual.

Reactions: 9
It won’t come to anything because the Heritage Foundation will need Harry’s written permission to access his visa records, and he’s hardly going to do that for a neo-con think tank working in conjunction with a right wing tabloid he’s currently suing. It’s just more noise, as usual.
I don't think anything will happen either because he's never been convicted of anything so he doesn't have a record. But as much as it pains me to agree with a group like the Heritage Foundation they do actually have a point. Either be lied on his form or his royal privilige is working in his favour. Other people have been stopped from entering the US just for admitting they took drugs even though they hadn't been convicted.

Reactions: 4
Yeah, I have heard plenty of stories of people being stopped at the border in Canada finding out they are banned from entering the US for far less egregious things. Harry is protected by his privilege. If any of us publicly spoke of using illegal drugs, it would be very hard to enter the US or stay here on a visa.

Reactions: 8
I don't think anything will happen either because he's never been convicted of anything so he doesn't have a record. But as much as it pains me to agree with a group like the Heritage Foundation they do actually have a point. Either be lied on his form or his royal privilige is working in his favour. Other people have been stopped from entering the US just for admitting they took drugs even though they hadn't been convicted.
It’s royal/wealth/white privilege for sure, but the Heritage Foundation just want attention for their gross policies, which are absolutely not targeted at immigrants like Harry. They would have zero issue with the drug use if Harry were a Republican donor, they just hate that he’s “woke”.
Honestly, I get that people don’t like Harry, I understand why and that’s fine, but the Heritage Foundation are absolutely worse and long may they stay mad. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
The Duke of Edinburgh is really not looking very well at the moment is he?
Those Windsor genes are pretty brutal, but I did wonder whether there’s more to it. He looks quite drawn and seems to have lost a bit of weight too.

Reactions: 6
The Duke of Edinburgh is really not looking very well at the moment is he?
Bless him he really doesn't look right. I wonder if it's grief. Losing your mum and dad in quick succession must be hard no matter your age.

Reactions: 10
Poor guy now looks decades older than his wife. I showed that pic to my husband who was shocked by how he's aged. His suits are hanging on him and all his old fogey mannerisms don't help.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone know why Edward was chosen to take over DoE? (Award and Dukedom?) Is it solely that Andrew was intended for York as the 2nd Son as the late Queen’s father had been prior to the abdication?

I’m not sure how popular Andrew was over time prior to what we know now but he seemed to be liked around the time of The Falklands War?? and would be interested on opinions as to when the shift began?

Does anyone know why Edward was chosen to take over DoE? (Award and Dukedom?) Is it solely that Andrew was intended for York as the 2nd Son as the late Queen’s father had been prior to the abdication?

I’m not sure how popular Andrew was over time prior to what we know now but he seemed to be liked around the time of The Falklands War?? and would be interested on opinions as to when the shift began?
He wasn’t liked during the Falkland war!! “Do you know I am” Andy was being the big I am! Where as Charles was a pleasure to work with while serving!! Believe it or not !!
---
Poor guy now looks decades older than his wife. I showed that pic to my husband who was shocked by how he's aged. His suits are hanging on him and all his old fogey mannerisms don't help.
There are rumours abound that he is really Not well!!

Reactions: 2

2nd sons are always (almost always?) Duke of York, as it was seen as the second city of England. Henry VIII was duke of York as the second born son. I wonder if Louis as the second son will be given the title once his father becomes king and Andrew dies, or will they give another title as Andrew has tarnished this one.

Victoria's 2nd son was given the title Duke of Edinburgh instead for some reason!

Reactions: 3
I would have guessed the importance of having a Duke of Lancaster (the monarch) and a Duke of York is to symbolically represent the Houses of York and Lancaster? The united England in the RF so to speak? And it just became a tradition, that’s upheld even if not all the time. Could be totally off here though.

Reactions: 4
2nd sons are always (almost always?) Duke of York, as it was seen as the second city of England. Henry VIII was duke of York as the second born son. I wonder if Louis as the second son will be given the title once his father becomes king and Andrew dies, or will they give another title as Andrew has tarnished this one.

Victoria's 2nd son was given the title Duke of Edinburgh instead for some reason!
I wonder if that was because the last holder had been Jacobite and was ’King Over The Water‘ as Henry IX (and a cardinal) and they were still twitchy about that? (And both Charles I and James II had been Duke of York before monarch)

Both George V and George VI were Duke of York. Duke of York has quite the being monarch history.

I could see Louis getting Edinburgh … it could be why Charles hasn’t made it hereditary for James. They are running out of the traditional ‘royal’ dukedoms and are really only left with ones that have a bit of a iffy past.

Reactions: 1
I'm watching Rocketman and a thought popped into my head - it feels like I'm watching Prince Harry having an Elton style tantrum and no one can get through to him.
It's everyone else's fault and he hates himself so much.... Maybe it's the drugs he takes.
At the very least I think Taron Egerton could play him in a life story film, once we see how his marriage pans out. 🤔🙄

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.