The Royal Family #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been doing some thinking on the slimming down of the royal family issue. I suppose it’s coming down to what they think people want from a royal family. It’s kind of ironic for someone who has big spending habits to want to put across a more modest family so the public doesn’t think they are paying for so many people. I guess they must think the trade off in terms of less appearances is worth it. I think they are probably right. More targeted appearances where they look to be making a difference probably are sensible. The issue is what they choose to target I suppose and making sure it comes across to the public what they are doing. I maintain that the Kate and early childcare thing is an example of what not to do.

Reactions: 4
So the PR spin goes on.
( Apologies for the DM link )

So Kate isn’t a lazy cow after all. Behold her tireless work as a member of the suffering proletariat. 🙄
Four whole MONTHS as a “deckhand”.
A bit of waitressing.
Some twatting about working for Jigsaw.
Then some backbreaking work taking photos for Mummy and Daddy’s business.

Well, I don’t know about the rest of you, but this has completely changed my mind. Not.
And people still make out that huge parts of the media don’t work as the royals PR company.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Not always Kate’s biggest fan but fair play to her for learning and singing the Welsh anthem today.

Reactions: 13
Not always Kate’s biggest fan but fair play to her for learning and singing the Welsh anthem today.
If the Daily Mail are short on stories there’s a ‘Kate channels Diana’ one staring them in the face.

It’s A good start with the anthem. I hope they are both … and George … learning the language. It’s so lovely and lyrical.

Reactions: 4
Was watching the rugby earlier and found myself getting slightly peeved at the commentary on BBC mentioning wills was there in an official role as welsh patron, oh and his wife Kate Middleton is with him.

Like come on, she was also there in an official role as England patron but she was relegated to just being his wife? It’s not so much about her as it is women always having their own roles/status diminished

Sorry rant over
---
Also really like this decision if it’s true, Camilla deserves to include her own family in such a big day for her

I wonder if we’ll start to see them at wider family events like Christmas etc

Reactions: 15
Was watching the rugby earlier and found myself getting slightly peeved at the commentary on BBC mentioning wills was there in an official role as welsh patron, oh and his wife Kate Middleton is with him
I thought that was a bit disrespectful when I heard it as well. I’m sure Gabby Logan would have something to say if a commentator introduced “here is international rugby star Kenny Logan and with him his wife Gabby Yorath” and she was the one who did it!

Reactions: 3
Was watching the rugby earlier and found myself getting slightly peeved at the commentary on BBC mentioning wills was there in an official role as welsh patron, oh and his wife Kate Middleton is with him.

Like come on, she was also there in an official role as England patron but she was relegated to just being his wife? It’s not so much about her as it is women always having their own roles/status diminished

Sorry rant over
---
Also really like this decision if it’s true, Camilla deserves to include her own family in such a big day for her

Thay might be but perfer not. Odd one she'll be Queen (Consort)

So the PR spin goes on.
( Apologies for the DM link )

So Kate isn’t a lazy cow after all. Behold her tireless work as a member of the suffering proletariat. 🙄
Four whole MONTHS as a “deckhand”.
A bit of waitressing.
Some twatting about working for Jigsaw.
Then some backbreaking work taking photos for Mummy and Daddy’s business.

Well, I don’t know about the rest of you, but this has completely changed my mind. Not.
And people still make out that huge parts of the media don’t work as the royals PR company.
Their PR spin is usually pretty successful but even the DM readers aren't being fooled by this one, going by the comments.
They must think people are stupid but long-time royal watchers remember Kate before the engagement and her subsequent media beatification.

There was the women Dragonboat charity race she joined during the breakup that she promptly dropped when they got back together, the roller disco charity event, an art show that she curated and then her short stint at Jigsaw. That was the sum total of her charity/work experience in the 5 years post-uni, pre-engagement.

There're prob more pics of her leaving Boujis and Raffles after a night of partying than showing up to Jigsaw which even the Jigsaw owner (Belle?) admitted was a flexible gig meant to accomodate her relationship with a 'high profile man'. 🤭

Which is fine and totally her prerogative but let's not delude ourselves that Kate ever had a career.

Reactions: 12
All the subtle anti Camilla stories in the last few hours on Daily Mail , Williams office hard at work

Sorry rant over
---

I don’t have much of a problem with Camilla but I don’t agree with this. Her grandchildren aren’t part of the royal family as an institution so shouldn’t be part of the coronation. They can attend the Windsor Xmas church service and Ascot or whatever else the family do, but the coronation should be exclusively Charles, Camilla and the Wales family, with any other royal dukes/duchesses and the like ect. Even from a PR stand point it looks stupid, Charles grandchildren who are 6th & 7th in line to the throne might not even attend or be shoved in the back, but Camillas get a starring role.

• Heart
I don’t have much of a problem with Camilla but I don’t agree with this. Her grandchildren aren’t part of the royal family as an institution so shouldn’t be part of the coronation. They can attend the Windsor Xmas church service and Ascot or whatever else the family do, but the coronation should be exclusively Charles, Camilla and the Wales family, with any other royal dukes/duchesses and the like ect. Even from a PR stand point it looks stupid, Charles grandchildren who are 6th & 7th in line to the throne might not even attend or be shoved in the back, but Camillas get a starring role.
The duchesses who carry the Queen's canopy are not usually members of the royal family either. Are you suggesting that Camilla's grandchildren aren't 'good' enough because they are not titled? I do hope not!

Reactions: 9
I'm delighted to hear that her grandchildren will have a major role in the coronation. Why shouldn't they?
I'm also delighted to hear that the consort will be officially dropped.
She is Queen and being called consort is just odd to me.
We know she's the queen because she's married to the Monarch so we don't need the consort bit put in each time we see her mentioned.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
The duchesses who carry the Queen's canopy are not usually members of the royal family either. Are you suggesting that Camilla's grandchildren aren't 'good' enough because they are not titled? I do hope not!
I agree. Their grandmother is becoming Queen. It's a big deal whether they're part of the RF or not. The whole situation with Harry and his family is kind of irrelevant to this decision in my opinion.

ETA I just read that she wants them to hold the canopy over her while she gets anointed with oil. That doesn't seem that big a deal to me and it's fitting that they'd do that for their grandmother and be a part of history themselves.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I agree. Their grandmother is becoming Queen. It's a big deal whether they're part of the RF or not. The whole situation with Harry and his family is kind of irrelevant to this decision in my opinion.

ETA I just read that she wants them to hold the canopy over her while she gets anointed with oil. That doesn't seem that big a deal to me and it's fitting that they'd do that for their grandmother and be a part of history themselves.
Exactly. Why have a bunch of duchesses when she could have her own granchildren? I think it's lovely and at age 14 or 15 they are more than capable of doing a good job. Apparently they are very fond of their step grandfather too, what could be nicer?

• Sick
Reactions: 13

Laydee ClearlyOnDrugs angling for a job as royal reporter on GB News.

Fecking Hell is going on with that hair???

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Camilla including her grandchildren who are a big part of her life is a lovely gesture rather than duchesses who I am sure will also have other roles like holding her train et cetera. They're close to both Charles and Camilla, and Camilla seems like a loving grandmother to her grandchildren and the Wales kids who all seem very fond of her and vice-versa.

• Sick
Camilla including her grandchildren who are a big part of her life is a lovely gesture rather than duchesses who I am sure will also have other roles like holding her train et cetera. They're close to both Charles and Camilla, and Camilla seems like a loving grandmother to her grandchildren and the Wales kids who all seem very fond of her and vice-versa.
I think it’s also a way of presenting her as a loving Grandmother (which by all accounts I believe she is) without the risk of it being taken as “she’s taking Diana’s place”. Can’t say that with her own Grandchildren but they could say that about her closeness to George etc.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.