The Royal Family #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did it have shoulder pads? Kate has wide shoulders and l thought the shape of the dress really accentuated that. She is really lean, l don't think she should hide that. Down with trying to be a body shape you aren't, that's so 90s.
Oh yes her shoulders do look broader in that photo. I think she has a great figure for someone who is clearly naturally very lean. Either way the structure through the shoulders I thought was really nice and I liked the pleating. I’m not a huge fan of colours (prefer neutrals) but I thought the hue of green was nice

Reactions: 4
Did it have shoulder pads? Kate has wide shoulders and l thought the shape of the dress really accentuated that. She is really lean, l don't think she should hide that. Down with trying to be a body shape you aren't, that's so 90s.
She sort of has an inverted triangle shape in that picture

Reactions: 1
That's exactly her shape. She has wide shoulders, narrow hips and a very low body fat percentage.
I have the same body shape but without the low body fat percentage! I do think she looks better in things that flare out at the bottom but she never looks bad to be fair.

Reactions: 10
Yes, definitely shoulder pads. Too straight, pointy, even and structured not to be. Not Joan Collins take your eye out ones, but it begins …

(if you compare with the photos of the peplum thing, it’s obvious, there is no shoulder slope at all).

Last edited:
That's exactly her shape. She has wide shoulders, narrow hips and a very low body fat percentage.
I have the same body shape but without the low body fat percentage! I do think she looks better in things that flare out at the bottom but she never looks bad to be fair.
Very similar shape to Princess Charlene of Monaco.

She looks like an air hostess from the 80s in that coat and colour with the matching ahes

She must have shares on Catherine Walker at this point... The worst thing is those coats do NOTHING for her. Just highlight how thin she is and ages her about 10 years
I liked the look but laughed when someone likened it to the Aer Lingus colours lol
---
She knew. Even her Grandmother was very much involved.
Her family very much pushed the match. Her uncle publicly proclaimed her virginity to the media!
"Purity seems to be at a premium when it comes to discussing a possible bride for Prince Charles at the moment . . . Diana, I can assure you, has never had a lover"

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I liked the look but laughed when someone likened it to the Aer Lingus colours lol
---

Her family very much pushed the match. Her uncle publicly proclaimed her virginity to the media!
"Purity seems to be at a premium when it comes to discussing a possible bride for Prince Charles at the moment . . . Diana, I can assure you, has never had a lover"
How very embarrassing for the late Princess.

Reactions: 4
Funny how everyone has different tastes, I personally loved Kates whole look yesterday, one of my favourites for a while…seems I’m in the minority 😂

When it comes to the cheating we will never know the truth, even if they did break up, which I think is HIGHLY unlikely, I just can’t imagine Kate doing some tell all interview.

I mean, who is to say she doesn’t have some hunky tennis instructor on the side? If William has/does cheat on her I bloody hope she does 😅😅

Reactions: 14
Funny how everyone has different tastes, I personally loved Kates whole look yesterday, one of my favourites for a while…seems I’m in the minority 😂

When it comes to the cheating we will never know the truth, even if they did break up, which I think is HIGHLY unlikely, I just can’t imagine Kate doing some tell all interview.

I mean, who is to say she doesn’t have some hunky tennis instructor on the side? If William has/does cheat on her I bloody hope she does 😅😅
I also loved her look. It’s more close to her (royal) role. I do not like her in trousers or business suit.

Reactions: 3
I was literally coming here to say something very similar! I’d be far less surprised to hear Kate cheats than William. I really don’t think she’s some kind of shy wallflower that William can walk all over. I imagine she wears the trousers in that relationship tbh.

Reactions: 8
I find it fascinating watching about styling different body shapes. The ones I've watched, though haven't really done much on the inverted triangle. I do remember, though that Princess Stephanie of Monaco has the inverted triangle body shape, but can't remember what she wears. 😁

I’m sure it was allegedly reported that Andrew Parker-Bowles commented that a man should be willing to lay down his wife for his Country or words to that effect?

I tend to assume the royal men cheat, as it would simply be such a change from all established behaviour they've been told is acceptable if they didn't.
Royal and aristocratic men have always been permitted, even expected to cheat. Their wives have always been expected to look the other way and/or to quietly follow suit.

Diana and Charles were an aberration because Diana didn't heed the "quietly" part of the deal.
But that was kind of the norm for all for decades in many Western Societies? The rest was just hiding it. In fact, incredibly many people cheat. It’s around 1 in 5 people (https://www.globalinvestigations.co.uk/private-investigator/infidelity-statistics-uk-infographic/). I don’t think it’s fair to expect them to be better (even though I definitely do). I also don’t think that the expectations of aristocratic women (and men) are the same as 40 years ago. The current marriages have not the same character than when marriage in those circles was more a business transaction. They do marry for love (not talking about the reasons why people still majorly end up with people from the same socio economic background) and I am sure they have the same expectations that we have and cheat as often as we do (they might deal with it differently but looking at the divorce rate in their circles I kind of doubt that).

I was literally coming here to say something very similar! I’d be far less surprised to hear Kate cheats than William. I really don’t think she’s some kind of shy wallflower that William can walk all over. I imagine she wears the trousers in that relationship tbh.
I think she lets him think he wears the pants - can't have a relationship with someone like William otherwise. She would turn a blind eye - after all - she's the wife, and future queen consort - someone sleeping with William is no big deal. She has the prize nobody wanted because they all thought better of it! I've heard stories from friends of what they are both like in a working environment - she defers to him constantly.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think she lets him think he wears the pants - can't have a relationship with someone like William otherwise. She would turn a blind eye - after all - she's the wife, and future queen consort - someone sleeping with William is no big deal. She has the prize nobody wanted because they all thought better of it! I've heard stories from friends of what they are both like in a working environment - she defers to him constantly.
As long I suppose as she isn’t in love with him and wanting that commitment. That’s where it went wrong for Diana (I think) she wanted the emotional support having had an emotionally starved childhood and Charles couldn’t do that. But the impression that I get of Kate is that she is secure enough in herself to know what she wants and what she will cope with to get there. So, if there are affairs, then (in a way) that’s what she signed up for. She will have the prize at the end (shared with him) and that’s what they have both signed up for. If they both understand that and work together then I think anything else doesn’t matter so much.

If that’s right then the whole Harry and Meghan situation will only make them stronger, they bond together over the external threat.

Reactions: 5
As long I suppose as she isn’t in love with him and wanting that commitment. That’s where it went wrong for Diana (I think) she wanted the emotional support having had an emotionally starved childhood and Charles couldn’t do that. But the impression that I get of Kate is that she is secure enough in herself to know what she wants and what she will cope with to get there. So, if there are affairs, then (in a way) that’s what she signed up for. She will have the prize at the end (shared with him) and that’s what they have both signed up for. If they both understand that and work together then I think anything else doesn’t matter so much.

If that’s right then the whole Harry and Meghan situation will only make them stronger, they bond together over the external threat.
I agree with your take on William and Kate she will accept the affairs but she and she only will be Queen. I bet her mum told her "look luv he can shag who he likes but you will be Queen jus put up with it".

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.