The Royal Family #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The press can turn at any time though. They are in favour at the moment, despite all the crap that has come out. If Harry had come across better, it might be a different story.

Reactions: 5
Kate is very slim and is a lot slimmer than before she got married - there’s no denying that. She doesn’t have fat on her which can be as unhealthy as people who have too much fat.
She’s under a lot of pressure to look a certain way in public and it’s not like she’s married into a normal family.
This is the same family who at Christmas weight each other before and after dinner so I can see why she watches what she eats like a hawk. She is definitely slimmer now than when she was before they got married and i suspect she has lost even more weight over the last few years.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
This is the same family who at Christmas weight each other before and after dinner so I can see why she watches what she eats like a hawk. She is definitely slimmer now than when she was before they got married and i suspect she has lost even more weight over the last few years.
I really hope they don’t do that tradition anymore :(

Reactions: 6
The press can turn at any time though. They are in favour at the moment, despite all the crap that has come out. If Harry had come across better, it might be a different story.
Actually, to be honest, I think that barring any unfortunate unforeseen events Kate is safe from the press now. Her press changed when she married and she has done the heir and couple of spares thing which has given her an extra ring of protection. Added to that, she acts as the Daily Mail thinks appropriate, so I think she’s okay now.

Reactions: 3
Actually, to be honest, I think that barring any unfortunate unforeseen events Kate is safe from the press now. Her press changed when she married and she has done the heir and couple of spares thing which has given her an extra ring of protection. Added to that, she acts as the Daily Mail thinks appropriate, so I think she’s okay now.
Nahhh.. she is safe for now but the tide will turn eventually. It’s inevitable.

As long as Meghan and Harry are causing trouble - which it looks like they will for the foreseeable - Kate and William will receive good press.
I can't see the tide turning for a long time now.

Reactions: 1
At the minute there’s nowhere for the tide to turn to.
everyone is fairly set - Camilla is kinda rehabbed and protected by being Queen, Anne is hardworking, Sophie is lovely and hardworking and Kate is Queen in waiting with good hair. I can’t see any way that Meghan is not going to be the one the with wet feet.
the next big media rivalry is going to be between whoever George and Louis end up dating.

At the minute there’s nowhere for the tide to turn to.
everyone is fairly set - Camilla is kinda rehabbed and protected by being Queen, Anne is hardworking, Sophie is lovely and hardworking and Kate is Queen in waiting with good hair. I can’t see any way that Meghan is not going to be the one the with wet feet.
the next big media rivalry is going to be between whoever George and Louis end up dating.
Queen in waiting with good hair 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It’s not a criticism of her current weight but it’s not right to suggest she has always been as slim as she is now. As a teen and early twenties she was a totally different shape and size and she has clearly worked a lot to get down to the size she is now. She has never been what could be considered large - or anywhere vaguely near - but I’d say her weight now is largely due to lots of exercise and a very controlled food intake. Lots of similarities with Victoria Beckham’s regime?.

In the photo from their last Christmas card and the pictures they shared today for Mother’s Day she looks slimmer than her children and that does feel a bit uncomfortable
They’re also pictures of her in her teenage years, most people look different based on their hormones and lifestyle changing. She’s worn shorts for boat trips and tennis a few times in the past couple of years and she appears to have a pretty athletic and muscular body that’s in better shape than a lot of people. Shes just a tall size 6 woman, I’ve never really understood concerns of an eating disorder, she fits Zara off the rack so can’t be that slim.

They’re also pictures of her in her teenage years, most people look different based on their hormones and lifestyle changing. She’s worn shorts for boat trips and tennis a few times in the past couple of years and she appears to have a pretty athletic and muscular body that’s in better shape than a lot of people. Shes just a tall size 6 woman, I’ve never really understood concerns of an eating disorder, she fits Zara off the rack so can’t be that slim.
I think it’s disingenuous to think that she doesn’t have off the rack clothing tailored to fit

Reactions: 16
I think it’s disingenuous to think that she doesn’t have off the rack clothing tailored to fit
Exactly! And Zara makes some tiny sizes. I often have to size up in there.
I do think she has muscle so she's not unhealthy but I also think she puts a lot of work into her figure. She has to be exercising to have the muscle and she has to be very careful about food to have such little body fat. Nothing wrong with that but let's not pretend that she's just naturally as slim as she is without making any effort. That's not good for people to believe.

Reactions: 19
Catherine has the perfect tall and lean frame for clothes. I don't quite understand the negativity towards a generally natural slim figure, with glowing skin and hair, which would not be the case with extremely low caloric intake.

If she does have cheaper off the rack clothing tailored, that should also be a plus point. Any elegant woman in the public eye knows about the importance of tailoring.

The ones who don't tailor, end up looking like MM, who more often than not, dressed decidedly shoddy. Never mind the time MM pranced about with a price tag still hanging from underneath her dress. That's also where she deamed it beneath herself to do a proper respectful curtsey to the Queen of Tonga, while on an official visit.

Reactions: 5
Catherine has the perfect tall and lean frame for clothes. I don't quite understand the negativity towards a generally natural slim figure, with glowing skin and hair, which would not be the case with extremely low caloric intake.
To keep that build you have to be very controlled about what you eat, she will have access to nutritionists that will help her ensure she gets the necessary nutrients which the average person trying to emulate won’t and it’s very easy to get it wrong. Naturally slim would indicate that she didn’t have to try and could eat what she wants which is unlikely. Recently she has looked somewhat gaunt but that could be camera angles / lighting, hopefully so. She’s only 5’ 9” so, whilst definitely above average height, she wouldn’t need to buy from tall ranges so not sure why everybody thinks she’s so tall.

Reactions: 10
To keep that build you have to be very controlled about what you eat, she will have access to nutritionists that will help her ensure she gets the necessary nutrients which the average person trying to emulate won’t and it’s very easy to get it wrong. Naturally slim would indicate that she didn’t have to try and could eat what she wants which is unlikely. Recently she has looked somewhat gaunt but that could be camera angles / lighting, hopefully so. She’s only 5’ 9” so, whilst definitely above average height, she wouldn’t need to buy from tall ranges so not sure why everybody thinks she’s so tall.
I thought she was taller than that! I think there's a danger when people think that Kate and other celebrities are naturally thin when in reality they're working out regularly - more than likely with a PT - and they're very controlled in what they eat and again, have access to chefs and nutritionists. Nothing against them for doing it but let's be realistic about the effort they're putting in and how achievable that is for other women.

Reactions: 14

If she does have cheaper off the rack clothing tailored, that should also be a plus point. Any elegant woman in the public eye knows about the importance of tailoring.

The ones who don't tailor, end up looking like MM, who more often than not, dressed decidedly shoddy. Never mind the time MM pranced about with a price tag still hanging from underneath her dress. That's also where she deamed it beneath herself to do a proper respectful curtsey to the Queen of Tonga, while on an official visit.
Most of the Royals have had some kind of fashion faux pas at some point … Kate has had skirts blowing up in the wind and wore a blouse back to front, Camilla has fallen prey to the wind and Charles only the other week took his shoes off to real a hole in his sock (when he knew he was going to have to take his shoes off)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t think K is ill but rather that she chooses to be the size she is and does what it takes to look like that. As long as it’s her preference and not ED based, more power to her. Are there people that thin without having a strict diet and several hours a day workout regimen? Sure. But that’s very few people. But we know that Kate is doing a lot of sports. Same for Pippa. You don’t participate in a marathon or triathlons or biking races without a certain training standard. It’s most definitely not just genetics that are at play.

Lots of things look great on her because they are made to look great on tall and slim women. But I will say that the boxy, straight, super slim look is most definitely not exactly my cup of tea. She has been wearing lots of clothes lately that enhance all those features and in my eyes that makes her look more haggard and tense.
And while I don’t think people should make mean comments or arm chair diagnosing, I also think people need to get over themselves if someone expresses that they don’t think someone looks good. First of all, it’s not about you and second of all- why lie to ourselves and act as if we didn’t have certain aesthetic preferences. I don’t see the difference between mentioning that someone would look good with 10lbs more or less or another hair colour or being annoyed by their posture or a tooth gap or weird big hands or crocked toes.

• Heart
It's definitely true that some people are just naturally very skinny. All the women in my family, myself included, are like that. I've never done a diet in my life, I have a pretty varied diet and I like to cook so I don't eat that much junk food, but I also don't watch my weight or calories in any way and I've never been a sporty person. My mom was the same way when she was in her 20s, when she got married at 27 she literally had trouble finding a dress because everything was way too big for her. Now I wear lots of hand me downs from when she was my age and some of them even I can't fit into.

However in my experience that fast metabolism and naturally skinny build usually wears off the older you gets. For my mom and my grandmother it was when they started having kids and growing older. Now both of them look sort of normal for their age. They're not fat by any means but not skinny either.
I'm 24 with no kids and I have begun to notice that I've been gaining weight too for the past couple of years. You can definitely see the difference if you look at me a couple of years ago vs me now, and I've definitely had to throw out a few jeans that I can't fit into anymore lol.
Of course there are some people who stay thin with no effort on their part even after having kids or in their 40's but in my experience that's even more unlikely than it is when you're a young adult
And with Kate it seems to have gone in the other direction. She seems to have lost quite a bit of weight from when she was in her 20's and I'm not sure I believe that it's just metabolism bc again based on my personal experience it's usually the other way around

It's definitely true that some people are just naturally very skinny. All the women in my family, myself included, are like that. I've never done a diet in my life, I have a pretty varied diet and I like to cook so I don't eat that much junk food, but I also don't watch my weight or calories in any way and I've never been a sporty person. My mom was the same way when she was in her 20s, when she got married at 27 she literally had trouble finding a dress because everything was way too big for her. Now I wear lots of hand me downs from when she was my age and some of them even I can't fit into.

However in my experience that fast metabolism and naturally skinny build usually wears off the older you gets. For my mom and my grandmother it was when they started having kids and growing older. Now both of them look sort of normal for their age. They're not fat by any means but not skinny either.
I'm 24 with no kids and I have begun to notice that I've been gaining weight too for the past couple of years. You can definitely see the difference if you look at me a couple of years ago vs me now, and I've definitely had to throw out a few jeans that I can't fit into anymore lol.
Of course there are some people who stay thin with no effort on their part even after having kids or in their 40's but in my experience that's even more unlikely than it is when you're a young adult
And with Kate it seems to have gone in the other direction. She seems to have lost quite a bit of weight from when she was in her 20's and I'm not sure I believe that it's just metabolism bc again based on my personal experience it's usually the other way around
People that are naturally slim like you describe don't tend to have the muscle definition that Kate has either. There's no shame in wanting to be a certain size and doing the work to be that size as long as it doesn't become unhealthy and as long as people don't pretend that they're not doing anything to achieve that look.

The thing is Kate isn’t pretending she doesn’t do anything to achieve that look. We just don’t have the inside track on how she spends her personal time. She might do 2 hours a day in the gym and eat lots of lean protein and never snack. But why should we know that. I guess we can just assume that given she seems to be able to participate in athletic activities, has healthy looking hair and skin and has muscle definition, she must be eating a healthy and varied diet.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.