The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be honest I’m reading all the complaints about will and Kate being lazy in a different light since Spare.
if Harry is to be believed then Charles’ Court restricts the engagements of other family members For political reasons.
it’s engineered that some members are seen are given less to do and then appear workshy or lazy.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
To be honest I’m reading all the complaints about will and Kate being lazy in a different light since Spare.
if Harry is to be believed then Charles’ Court restricts the engagements of other family members For political reasons.
it’s engineered that some members are seen are given less to do and then appear workshy or lazy.
Charles's court has only existed for 4 months!

To be fair, he didn’t need to pass exams … he had full access to the military uniform dressing up box. A nice desk job somewhere well away from things that go bang, where he could he could be given all manner of important make-work would have done.
And would have still got loads of new medals even though he worked at a desk pushing papers around

Reactions: 3
I haven’t been keeping up with all the Harry news. In what way does he want to reform the monarchy?
It sounds like he wants to reform the Monarchy in a way that doesn't have primogeniture, because it means he's a 'spare' ( so not a monarchy at all!) and one where they don't have to enter into any devil's pacts with the press. So either a completely deferential press who collude to keep their secrets hidden. Of course, the press couldn't care less about any of them and only pretend to do do if it benefits their sales/ clicks. If the Royals didn't throw them bones, it would be open season on all their behaviour, which possibly could bring them down.

Reactions: 6
Even if that were true in the first place, we are now at the point where things have moved on significantly. William is now Prince of Wales and there are so few actual full time working Royals left that they need to be more visible and seen to be doing actual stuff. Given that was a while ago, so William and Kate should have got canny and counted everything, not just put down enough to outdo an octogenarian who’s had a stroke.

Reactions: 5
What is the context of what he said? Has anyone read the passage in context?
I was being facetious.

Wasn't he blathering on in one of the American chat shows about the killing of the Taliban was taken out of context? That was when he was saying it was all about him healing etc etc.

Reactions: 1
It sounds like he wants to reform the Monarchy in a way that doesn't have primogeniture, because it means he's a 'spare' ( so not a monarchy at all!) and one where they don't have to enter into any devil's pacts with the press to keep their behaviour secret- so either a completely deferential press who keep their secrets hidden. Of course, the press couldn't care less about any of them and only pretend to do do if it benefits their sales/ clicks If the Royals didn't throw them bones, it would be open season on all their behaviour.
The press don’t care, they just want to sell newspapers. Nowadays they largely parrot the views of their particular base on social media. As much as I hate the tabloids, I absolutely believe a free press is important. Perhaps, the intense scrutiny is the price the royals pay for their inherited privilege. As much as Harry gripes about being thrown to the wolves to distract from other royals, the stories about him are all true.

It could be doing with reform. If this whole Harry scenario has highlighted anything it’s that there should be a procedure for those who don’t want to be part of the firm to leave without it being such a catastrophe. It should be clear to everyone, including the general public, what happens if any of them wants to up-sticks and leave for a new life in another country. Although, my idea of what should happen when they leave is probably wildly different to Harry’s.

Reactions: 11
I don’t think Harry has hidden that he has struggled to find his purpose. Highlighting the fact he felt at home in the army and then finding his interests in the conservation work in Africa. It must be difficult having no set role you have decided for yourself, and being a puppet for the public. No locus of control in that aspect of your life as a high ranking royal. But now it seems that he has made it his current life work is to reform the monarchy, which let’s face it alone he is not going to do
Laughable.

It could be doing with reform. If this whole Harry scenario has highlighted anything it’s that there should be a procedure for those who don’t want to be part of the firm to leave without it being such a catastrophe. It should be clear to everyone, including the general public, what happens if any of them wants to up-sticks and leave for a new life in another country. Although, my idea of what should happen when they leave is probably wildly different to Harry’s.
Agree that this process should be fully clear and accountable to the public. Harry showing up in other countries to be saluted by their servicemen as a Royal when he does not represent the UK is a f*cking joke. But there has been no clarity from the Institution on whom he represents, so this nonsense continues.

Others manage to step away without fanfare (the York girls). There did not need to be a catastrophe in H's case at all if he/his wife had been reasonable with their expectations and not expect to be able to sell their titles while being bowed down to by everyone. There should be reform to base place in LOS ongoing service to the country -- therefore, leaving for a new life elsewhere and new loyalties elsewhere should mean an immediate removal from LOS. H being in LOS despite these shenanigans is a loss of faith in the Institution. Lili and Archie being in the LOS to be future head of state is a huge farce given no one in this country knows them and they have zero connection to this country and never will.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The school run business and the only working term time was their offices though, wasn't it? Also that Tatler zrticle about Kate complaining about her workload was sourced from her friends. It was only either awn when it made them look bad.
I was being facetious.

Wasn't he blathering on in one of the American chat shows about the killing of the Taliban was taken out of context? That was when he was saying it was all about him healing etc etc.
Oh I genuinely wanted to know what the context was, as I haven't had a chance to browse the charity shops yet 😅

Laughable.

Agree that this process should be fully clear and accountable to the public. Harry showing up in other countries to be saluted by their servicemen as a Royal when he does not represent the UK is a f*cking joke. But there has been no clarity from the Institution on whom he represents, so this nonsense continues.

Others manage to step away without fanfare (the York girls). There did not need to be a catastrophe in H's case at all if he/his wife had been reasonable with their expectations and not expect to be able to sell their titles while being bowed down to by everyone. There should be reform to base place in LOS ongoing service to the country -- therefore, leaving for a new life elsewhere and new loyalties elsewhere should mean an immediate removal from LOS. H being in LOS despite these shenanigans is a loss of faith in the Institution. Lili and Archie being in the LOS to be future head of state is a huge farce given no one in this country knows them and they have zero connection to this country and never will.
Yes I don't think even Harry knows what he wants at this stage. This mess is in part because the Late Queen sat on her hands when she should have trimmed her family down before the next generation had children. She should have adhered to Chatles' plans instead of leaving him to have a row with his son. Surely she can't have thought the situation could continue where the Monarchs second cousins are still on the payroll into their 80's

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Laughable.

To be fair, however the situation with Harry had played out there was no way that Beatrice and Eugenie were ever going to be full time working royals, however much Andrew pouted.

Meh, I think waity Kate's reputation as lazy far proceeds Spare

Meh, I think waity Kate's reputation as lazy far proceeds Spare
Didn’t ‘A Royal Insider’ reveal that the Queen had stepped in to say she should get a full time job when they were going out … hence Jigsaw?

I don't know if it's Harry's memoir or just the impact of the current climate, but seeing wealthy royals visiting soup kitchens and trying to be relatable just feels so off to me now.

Reminds me of that awful Rishi "are you in business?" Sunak gaffe at that homeless shelter.

I don't know if it's Harry's memoir or just the impact of the current climate, but seeing wealthy royals visiting soup kitchens and trying to be relatable just feels so off to me now.

Reminds me of that awful Rishi "are you in business?" Sunak gaffe at that homeless shelter.

It's not a soup kitchen. It was a project to help young carers, mental health and help steer kids away from crime.

William has worked for years with homeless groups. He would never say anything as stupid or crass as Rishi.

Reactions: 20
I'm going to share this and completely lower the tone.

I feel like Harry has sunk so low now. This is so embarrassing for him. I don't even like him and I feel sorry for him after watching it.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm going to share this and completely lower the tone.

I feel like Harry has sunk so low now. This is so embarrassing for him. I don't even like him and I feel sorry for him after watching it.
I'm wondering whether he is realising what happens when ge lives somewhere where they dont deference to the Royal Family?

Reactions: 7
I'm wondering whether he is realising what happens when ge lives somewhere where they dont deference to the Royal Family?
Maybe he's realising that it's not only the British media that can be mean to him. It's got to hurt that Diana is being spoken about like that.

• Wow
Reactions: 9

i mean, you can get a £2 steak in the asda essentials range!
But yes, it wasn't a soup kitchen

Reactions: 1
I think he likely thought his ghost writer would create a hard-hitting tome that would show his point of view and impact people.
The problem is, he's a tabloid figure, so the writer fashioned a tabloid book as that's what was going to sell. It hasn't helped that because his privileges outweigh his struggles, many of the recollections he offered up sound utterly ridiculous outside of his circle.

Perhaps he will learn that his perspective isn't universal, and that if you're not able to write your own story, your story may not need to be written.

I haven’t been keeping up with all the Harry news. In what way does he want to reform the monarchy?
He has commented about how he feels the issues with how “spares” are treated (palace leaks about stories related to him to distract from other royals) needs to stop with him and this is why he’s speaking out. I think he commented on how he wants to save his brothers children from it. His whole Schtick re this is that he just wants to raise the issues

Reactions: 2
I think he likely thought his ghost writer would create a hard-hitting tome that would show his point of view and impact people.
The problem is, he's a tabloid figure, so the writer fashioned a tabloid book as that's what was going to sell. It hasn't helped that because his privileges outweigh his struggles, many of the recollections he offered up sound utterly ridiculous outside of his circle.

Perhaps he will learn that his perspective isn't universal, and that if you're not able to write your own story, your story may not need to be written.
I think that's his big problem. He thinks he's like Obama or Gates but really he's just another celeb. I was going to say he's like a Kardashian but he's not even at that level I don't think. They're entertainment news in America rather than 'real' news.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.