The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
King Constantine would have had many godchildren. Phillip had over 50!
It's easy to forget just how closely the European royalty are to eachother and maybe that's why they all went to the funeral. Constantine's sister was Queen of Spain, his sister in law is Queen of Denmark, Wife's cousin is King of Sweden, another cousin is the King of Norway!
It would have been good for William to go but he definitely wasn't the only godchild, relative or heir to the throne missing.

Reactions: 6
I get the impression that a lot of people of William and Harry's generation and younger are entitled, not ALL I may add but I think its a more common attitude than in older generations. Was this the time (80's/90's) that soft/kinder parenting become fashionable, discipline was not seen as importantI it was more about understanding the child's needs and letting them be fulfilled? I can see Diana being that kind of parent to be honest. I am aware that in the past parents were too harsh and that too much discipline can do damage but did society go too far the other way and reared children who grew up to be entitled and self centred?
Every generation thinks the generations younger than them are entitled, honestly. It's been the conversation of humans for centuries.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Every generation thinks the generations younger than them are entitled, honestly. It's been the conversation of humans for centuries.
But people have commented (and maybe some are the same age or younger than Harry and William) that they both seem very entitled and William in particular doesn't seem to think that he has to pull his weight and is reluctant to take on more work even though he is now the heir. I think its a massive generalisation to say that EVERYONE since the beginning of time think that younger people are entitled.

Reactions: 1
I think it’s entitlement based on them being the Prince’s of England, lauded, given everything they want, etc rather than because of their age. I’m only 4 years younger than Harry and I’m definitely not entitled or lazy

Thank you please

Reactions: 20
I think it’s entitlement based on them being the Prince’s of England, lauded, given everything they want, etc rather than because of their age. I’m only 4 years younger than Harry and I’m definitely not entitled or lazy

Thank you please
This - silver spoons make people entitled. Nobody said no to them, ever; everyone cleaned up their messes or hid them; no consequences.

Diana flitted in and out of their life like a butterfly, I think that probably messes you up too.

Reactions: 17

Thank you please
Certainly not every person under 50 is lazy or entitled.

But people have commented (and maybe some are the same age or younger than Harry and William) that they both seem very entitled and William in particular doesn't seem to think that he has to pull his weight and is reluctant to take on more work even though he is now the heir. I think its a massive generalisation to say that EVERYONE since the beginning of time think that younger people are entitled.
I think it’s a mix of this but also knowing they never really have to worry about work and money. Zara and Peter are the same family and same generation, and still have some level of safety net but appear to me to want to work and forge their own successful careers. Louise is obviously a generation behind but even she had a summer job when she really didn’t need to, but is probably aware she will have to get a job at some point so might as well start now. Eugenie and Beatrice are interesting ones because they don’t have any job as royals but also seem really lazy with their fake jobs, so it’s a good job they both married well. I think a lot of Harrys resentment now is down to this, he’s never had to work in his life and now he’s having to find ways to make money he can’t be bothered actually working. If Charles had agreed to partially fund Harrys life so he didn’t have to get a proper job the Netflix show and book wouldn’t have happened. He couldn’t be bothered actually working so sold his secrets and photos to the highest bidder to put off working for another few years.

Reactions: 12
I don’t think Harry has hidden that he has struggled to find his purpose. Highlighting the fact he felt at home in the army and then finding his interests in the conservation work in Africa. It must be difficult having no set role you have decided for yourself, and being a puppet for the public. No locus of control in that aspect of your life as a high ranking royal. But now it seems that he has made it his current life work is to reform the monarchy, which let’s face it alone he is not going to do

I think it’s a mix of this but also knowing they never really have to worry about work and money. Zara and Peter are the same family and same generation, and still have some level of safety net but appear to me to want to work and forge their own successful careers. Louise is obviously a generation behind but even she had a summer job when she really didn’t need to, but is probably aware she will have to get a job at some point so might as well start now. Eugenie and Beatrice are interesting ones because they don’t have any job as royals but also seem really lazy with their fake jobs, so it’s a good job they both married well. I think a lot of Harrys resentment now is down to this, he’s never had to work in his life and now he’s having to find ways to make money he can’t be bothered actually working. If Charles had agreed to partially fund Harrys life so he didn’t have to get a proper job the Netflix show and book wouldn’t have happened. He couldn’t be bothered actually working so sold his secrets and photos to the highest bidder to put off working for another few years.
Good points, I wonder if William would have shown more willingness and motivation if he had carried on being an air ambulance pilot? It doesn't look like Kate was very work orientated at all, a stint as a buyer for Jigsaw and then working for her parents which was probably more cushy.

Reactions: 2
I get the impression that a lot of people of William and Harry's generation and younger are entitled, not ALL I may add but I think its a more common attitude than in older generations. Was this the time (80's/90's) that soft/kinder parenting become fashionable, discipline was not seen as importantI it was more about understanding the child's needs and letting them be fulfilled? I can see Diana being that kind of parent to be honest. I am aware that in the past parents were too harsh and that too much discipline can do damage but did society go too far the other way and reared children who grew up to be entitled and self centred?
I think they were both quite heavily protected after Diana died, and were probably given more leeway than any other heir with regard to having some sort of say over what they did and didn’t do.

The had a childhood of 2 extremes … with Diana being chased by the press and after Diana having a negotiated truce. Even when William was in Anglesey it was a very private, almost non-Royal life. William and Kate have had the longest easing in period in Royal history and I think they got used to it. You can always find reasons not to do something.

Reactions: 8
39FF5C47-9EA8-4040-B606-E69CDD400B97.jpeg

I’m sure this will mortify Meghan. She won’t like being the laughingstock of Hollywood

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I think they were both quite heavily protected after Diana died, and were probably given more leeway than any other heir with regard to having some sort of say over what they did and didn’t do.

The had a childhood of 2 extremes … with Diana being chased by the press and after Diana having a negotiated truce. Even when William was in Anglesey it was a very private, almost non-Royal life. William and Kate have had the longest easing in period in Royal history and I think they got used to it. You can always find reasons not to do something.
Yes I think Kate was spotted in Waitrose in Anglesey several times she was in the queue but with security of course. I wonder if this is the life William would have preferred and has little enthusiasm for the trappings of Royal life which includes a lot of boring stuff.

Reactions: 1
Yes it's difficult enough to motivate children to do their homework even when you have the carrot of careers and university to dangle over them. If they know that they have the enormous cushion of their family being able to pull almost every string in the country to get you through your exams/ get you a degree no matter what you do, and even then it doesn't matter because you don't need it, it must be impossible! Beatrice and Eugenie benefitted from their father throwing a tantrum on their behalf any time anyone mentioned them not being HRH or not being working Royals and The Queen pandering to him. I think it takes strength of character to say that despite that, your children have to find their way. I think Anne and probably Sophie have it. Andrew, Fergie and Diana maybe didn't, and Charles was too busy with Camilla to know what to do, added to the harsh upbringing he felt he had. I'm not certain William and Kate will encourage the same in Charlotte and Louis as they are pretty idle, and spend most of their PR budget making excuses as to why they can't work or inflating what they do to make it look more than it is.

Yes I think Kate was spotted in Waitrose in Anglesey several times she was in the queue but with security of course. I wonder if this is the life William would have preferred and has little enthusiasm for the trappings of Royal life which includes a lot of boring stuff.
If they don't want that life, then I'm sure they could initiate a slow transition to a Republic ( maybe state that George will be the last King) Pigs will fly before they do it. Especially now that Harry has made a monumental pig ear of it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I don’t think Harry has hidden that he has struggled to find his purpose. Highlighting the fact he felt at home in the army and then finding his interests in the conservation work in Africa. It must be difficult having no set role you have decided for yourself, and being a puppet for the public. No locus of control in that aspect of your life as a high ranking royal. But now it seems that he has made it his current life work is to reform the monarchy, which let’s face it alone he is not going to do
Harry needs to reform himself before he concerns himself with reforming anyone else in the family.

He could have stayed in the military but is simply too dim to pass the relevant exams to advance himself. Perhaps a good thing. Judging by his reasoning skills, he would hardly be suitable to plan military strategies.

From his book, it seems he thought he might co-reign with William one day or at the very least be king of the Commonwealth.

Reactions: 13
I haven’t been keeping up with all the Harry news. In what way does he want to reform the monarchy?

He actually didn’t, maybe judgemental of me but I thought Jeremy would be a bit of a covid denier, but he was absolutely terrified of it, so I don’t really know what conspiracies they’re talking about. He shouldn’t have published what he did, but if they try speaking as a voice of what should be in the press and comedy they’ll risk much more intelligent people joining the conversation and sitting them down. His farming show was actually really good so bit gutted it’s cancelled after season 2, it really helped the farming industry as well.

Clarkson was seriously ill with double pneumonia which made him give up smoking. On Clarkson's Farm, when Covid hit, he actually said' if I get it I'm fucked' so no, he wasn't a covid denier.

H&M don't have to accept Clarkson's apology but the way they have responded doesn't sit right. They just want to cancel people and get rid of any dissenting voices. They could have been far more magnanimous in saying something like 'we where deeply offended by the column and would hope that Mr Clarkson has learned from this and will think more carefully on the impact his words may have blah blah blah. '

Gracious not righteous.

Reactions: 20
Harry needs to reform himself before he concerns himself with reforming anyone else in the family.

He could have stayed in the military but is simply too dim to pass the relevant exams to advance himself. Perhaps a good thing. Judging by his reasoning skills, he would hardly be suitable to plan military strategies.

From his book, it seems he thought he might co-reign with William one day or at the very least be king of the Commonwealth.
To be fair, he didn’t need to pass exams … he had full access to the military uniform dressing up box. A nice desk job somewhere well away from things that go bang, where he could he could be given all manner of important make-work would have done.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.