The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One day they will regret not being closer to the European royals who are facing the same problems with what to do with the spare, slimming down etc. maybe if harry, Andrew - the spares had been able to talk to the spares in other countries who understand their situation they wouldn’t be such a mess.

Reactions: 10
Does anyone else think that it's died down remarkably quickly. Harry is hardly even in the headlines today - until his statement about the Clarkson apology anyway. I don't read his column - what conspiracy theories are they talking about?
I don't read his column either, but I took that to mean that he has probably voiced alternative views on Covid. I think H&M are probably part of that lovely bunch of people who think other people shouldn't voice their opinions, unless they are completely aligned with their own. I'm glad he has apologised, but who are they to decide what else he can and can't talk about?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I read an article years ago that stated that kc3 and the rest saw them selves as better than European royal families and so would send lower members of their family to European rf funerals etc but would go to ME and Far East ceromonies as they aligned themselves more with them.

I read an article years ago that stated that kc3 and the rest saw them selves as better than European royal families and so would send lower members of their family to European rf funerals etc but would go to ME and Far East ceromonies as they aligned themselves more with them.
Why on earth
I think Charles and Wiliam should have gone. Who cares if he will go to France in a couple of weeks? This didn’t clash with it. It’s a funeral! Not even an official state function as he was an Ex-King.
Furthermore, I do think the second W got married they should have taken over from Edward and Sophie. It’s a bit of an interesting thing that the “young set” of current monarchs and first in line are all around 50 while W&K are ten years younger and Charles 20 years older. Charles didn’t seem to be too interested in going, but after marrying Camilla it should actually have been them. CORRECTION Charles went actually to most weddings of the heirs. It was just that E&S tagged along. It should have been W&K thought or C&C alone after their marriage (though it it be that through big wedding run was already finished at that point). Letting the Wessexes go was a mistake. W&K should have mingled with their/their father’s counterparts. What a wasted opportunity…..
I think William wants the glory but puts in the bare minimum he has to. He will get unstuck once the heat is off Harry and Meghan. He and Kate are firing line age, and their lack of effort is an easy target because with fewer Roysls it's so noticeable.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is why TRF should never apologise to H&M (not that I think they have anything to apologise for). An apology is never enough for them. Whilst Jeremy Clarkson was seriously out of order, I do think his was a genuine apology (probably after a dressing down from his daughter and girlfriend Lisa).

I wouldn’t accept Clarkson’s apology - especially if he seems to be blaming on ‘writing it in a hurry’. He wrote about a woman being sexually abused. Just because he said he’s sorry, doesn’t mean a) he actually is and b) Meghan and Harry have to accept it.

Does anyone else think that it's died down remarkably quickly. Harry is hardly even in the headlines today
Not really, I mean this is how the news cycle works. There is nothing else left to say about Spare since it’s been out, and the Spanish leak didn’t help.

Reactions: 11
I think Charles and Wiliam should have gone. Who cares if he will go to France in a couple of weeks? This didn’t clash with it. It’s a funeral! Not even an official state function as he was an Ex-King.
Furthermore, I do think the second W got married they should have taken over from Edward and Sophie. It’s a bit of an interesting thing that the “young set” of current monarchs and first in line are all around 50 while W&K are ten years younger and Charles 20 years older. Charles didn’t seem to be too interested in going, but after marrying Camilla it should actually have been them. CORRECTION Charles went actually to most weddings of the heirs. It was just that E&S tagged along. It should have been W&K thought or C&C alone after their marriage (though it it be that through big wedding run was already finished at that point). Letting the Wessexes go was a mistake. W&K should have mingled with their/their father’s counterparts. What a wasted opportunity…..
That's a great point. You'd think it would be an advantage to them to get to know the other royal families.
Why on earth

I think William wants the glory but puts in the bare minimum he has to. He will get unstuck once the heat is off Harry and Meghan. He and Kate are firing line age, and their lack of effort is an easy target because with fewer Roysls it's so noticeable.
I never get that vibe from him. I think he'd be happier to live the life of an 'ordinary' rich person. I don't see him and Kate as fame hungry at all. They like going to sports events but they don't really chase after celebs in the way Diana or Harry and Meghan did. He could def do more work. It'll be interesting to see if he does more now that he's moved up to first in line. He has control of the duchy of Cornwall which should allow him to be more independent.

Reactions: 7
That's a great point. You'd think it would be an advantage to them to get to know the other royal families.

I never get that vibe from him. I think he'd be happier to live the life of an 'ordinary' rich person. I don't see him and Kate as fame hungry at all. They like going to sports events but they don't really chase after celebs in the way Diana or Harry and Meghan did. He could def do more work. It'll be interesting to see if he does more now that he's moved up to first in line. He has control of the duchy of Cornwall which should allow him to be more independent.
I think he wants to be King. Maybe not the glory, but the perks of front row seats wherever he wants and being able to do what he wants without having to think about it . I think in that way he's similar to Harry, in that he wants the trappings of Royalty but for minimum effort. He just can't go rogue because the benefits to his family come directly from him being the next King. I also get the impression that apart from Andrew, The Queens children understand that they have a duty to do things they may not want to do. I'm not sure why Harry and William have turned out so lazy and entitled.

Reactions: 9
I don't read his column either, but I took that to mean that he has probably voiced alternative views on Covid. I think H&M are probably part of that lovely bunch of people who think other people shouldn't voice their opinions, unless they are completely aligned with their own. I'm glad he has apologised, but who are they to decide what else he can and can't talk about?
He actually didn’t, maybe judgemental of me but I thought Jeremy would be a bit of a covid denier, but he was absolutely terrified of it, so I don’t really know what conspiracies they’re talking about. He shouldn’t have published what he did, but if they try speaking as a voice of what should be in the press and comedy they’ll risk much more intelligent people joining the conversation and sitting them down. His farming show was actually really good so bit gutted it’s cancelled after season 2, it really helped the farming industry as well.

Reactions: 8
And they chose now that their brand is circling the drain to air it out.
I thought it was Clarkson that announced it first today and their statement is in response to his. It's hard to judge without knowing what was in his apology email. His article was horrible and they don't have to accept his apology if they don't want to but I think if they started off their statement but saying something like they were glad he apologised or thanks to the public who complained on their behalf it would soften it up a little bit and they'd come across better. They always sound so self righteous in their statements.
He actually didn’t, maybe judgemental of me but I thought Jeremy would be a bit of a covid denier, but he was absolutely terrified of it, so I don’t really know what conspiracies they’re talking about. He shouldn’t have published what he did, but if they try speaking as a voice of what should be in the press and comedy they’ll risk much more intelligent people joining the conversation and sitting them down. His farming show was actually really good so bit gutted it’s cancelled after season 2, it really helped the farming industry as well.
I enjoyed his farming show too. I read that season 3 had already been commissioned and will air in 2024?

Reactions: 1
Oh, I wonder if they meant climate change. But then, how would they even know what he'd said in his other columns, unless Harry's an avid Sun reader?

Reactions: 2
Not really, I mean this is how the news cycle works. There is nothing else left to say about Spare since it’s been out, and the Spanish leak didn’t help.
Ya I suppose it is. It didn't have anywhere near the same impact as Oprah. I guess they're just rehashing old news now really and when the RF didn't respond there was no more to say.

The Spanish leak made for a very entertaining few days to brighten up the post Christmas lull!!

Reactions: 4
I'm not surprised they didn't send the senior members to Constantine's funeral. The man hadn't been a king in 50 years. They've sent his cousin thrice removed and his goddaughter.

I suspect more senior members will be sent to King Harald or Queen Margarethe's funerals. Both are actual heads of state and have been given honours by the BRF.

I'm not surprised they didn't send the senior members to Constantine's funeral. The man hadn't been a king in 50 years. They've sent his cousin thrice removed and his goddaughter.

I suspect more senior members will be sent to King Harald or Queen Margarethe's funerals. Both are actual heads of state and have been given honours by the BRF.
Princess Anne wasn’t his goddaughter? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Max von Baden, Charles 1st cousin had is funeral Saturday I think and no one went 🤷

Not the sort of cold, uncaring side they want to be showing at the moment, and I like the royal family.

I also liked how the Greek "royal" family showed emotion, had a cry and hugged each other like the rest of us would at a funeral. I think this is the way the British royal family need to move forward, a bit more modern and less stand offish imo

Reactions: 10
Max von Baden, Charles 1st cousin had is funeral Saturday I think and no one went 🤷

Not the sort of cold, uncaring side they want to be showing at the moment, and I like the royal family.

I also liked how the Greek "royal" family showed emotion, had a cry and hugged each other like the rest of us would at a funeral. I think this is the way the British royal family need to move forward, a bit more modern and less stand offish imo
Not much chance of that with William's poker firmly up his backside.

I think he wants to be King. Maybe not the glory, but the perks of front row seats wherever he wants and being able to do what he wants without having to think about it . I think in that way he's similar to Harry, in that he wants the trappings of Royalty but for minimum effort. He just can't go rogue because the benefits to his family come directly from him being the next King. I also get the impression that apart from Andrew, The Queens children understand that they have a duty to do things they may not want to do. I'm not sure why Harry and William have turned out so lazy and entitled.
Maybe Diana spoilt them and or taught them not to be like the "stuffy"Royals.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I am interested to see if the "personality" of the royal family changes with Charles in charge. Once the melodrama has passed, I'm intrigued to see if he'll be able to push through and reduce the key roles, and if with that would come softening or hardening of the personas.

I suppose if nothing else, we should see a slimmed royal family by natural attrition - Andrew's not welcomed by the public, Harry's not a working royal or in the country, and neither the kids of Anne nor Edward are HRH. If Harry's kids don't get HRH titles that will limit the newest generation solely to the children of the heir with HRH titles.

Reactions: 2
I am interested to see if the "personality" of the royal family changes with Charles in charge. Once the melodrama has passed, I'm intrigued to see if he'll be able to push through and reduce the key roles, and if with that would come softening or hardening of the personas.

I suppose if nothing else, we should see a slimmed royal family by natural attrition - Andrew's not welcomed by the public, Harry's not a working royal or in the country, and neither the kids of Anne nor Edward are HRH. If Harry's kids don't get HRH titles that will limit the newest generation solely to the children of the heir with HRH titles.
I think this should be the way forward.

Gabriella Windsor is his goddaughter, they've sent her with Anne.
Prince William is also his Godson. It would have been a chance for him to network with the other Royals as Prince of Wales.

I get the impression that a lot of people of William and Harry's generation and younger are entitled, not ALL I may add but I think its a more common attitude than in older generations. Was this the time (80's/90's) that soft/kinder parenting become fashionable, discipline was not seen as importantI it was more about understanding the child's needs and letting them be fulfilled? I can see Diana being that kind of parent to be honest. I am aware that in the past parents were too harsh and that too much discipline can do damage but did society go too far the other way and reared children who grew up to be entitled and self centred?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.