The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In light of Harry’s words about being one plane crash away from the throne - William should fly as seldom as possible.

Reactions: 9
A BA return flight to Greece is a couple hundred quid when booked short notice, I’m sure William could have gone as well as Anne. Lady Gabriella is there as his goddaughter, William could have attended either as godson or in a professional capacity.
And then we’d have all be moaning about their carbon footprint and why couldn't Anne have gone seeing as she was so near… Or if they both went about how unnecessary it was.

Reactions: 11
In light of Harry’s words about being one plane crash away from the throne - William should fly as seldom as possible.
He’s not though, is he if neither George, Charlotte and Louis are on as wel..

And then we’d have all be moaning about their carbon footprint and why couldn't Anne have gone seeing as she was so near…
Honestly, I think someone going to the funeral of their Godparent wouldn’t be that much of an issue.
the amount of other Heads of State that came here for the Queen’s funeral and Prince Philip’s memorial service … and that will probably be here for the Coronation … its only polite to repay a few favours.

In the book Harry touches on the members of the RF and their engagement tally, which is released yearly. Apparently Charles (when he was Prince anyway) kept Harry and particularly Williams engagements very low, in order to make himself look good with a high tally. Harry also alluded to certain members of the RF who would write in every little engagement, to increase their tallies and make themselves look good.

Williams certainly should have gone to the funeral but perhaps Anne wanted the brownie points.

Reactions: 2
In the book Harry touches on the members of the RF and their engagement tally, which is released yearly. Apparently Charles (when he was Prince anyway) kept Harry and particularly Williams engagements very low, in order to make himself look good with a high tally. Harry also alluded to certain members of the RF who would write in every little engagement, to increase their tallies and make themselves look good.

Williams certainly should have gone to the funeral but perhaps Anne wanted the brownie points.
I don't believe that at all, because William and Harry both are inherently lazy. Harry is an idiot who doesn't know how anything works in the family he was raised in (security only if you have titles?). I know people who were at uni with William - lazy lazy lazy and skived off and still graduated when others would have failed. It's why Harry left the Army, he didn't want to put in any actual work and in Afghanistan he just sat around being guarded playing video games.

Reactions: 7
Couldn't agree more! Especially considering the close ties with the Greek royal family (or have they forgotten about Prince Phillip already?) I would have thought at least William should have gone. It really highlights two big problems, Williams reluctance to pick up these overseas events (for god sake he could be there and back within the same day!) and the Windsor's overall reluctance to form any kind of bond with European royals. Every European monarch (I think?) came for both QEII's funeral and Prince Phillips memorial and every single time there's a European event, we send either Anne or Edward and Sophie (no disrespect to either meant here but sending the 16th in line to throne seems a bit of a kick in the teeth)
It does come across badly I think - like the UK thinks it's more important than all the other European countries. One of the main functions of a ceremonial HOS is representing it's country at things like this and it needs to be Charles or William if he's really not available. It's even worse when they're related to them. Bad form not to attend the funeral of your Godfather or someone you chose to be Godfather to your son.

Reactions: 11
I think the BRF do believe they are superior which is why they just thumb their noses up at their royal cousins.

And then we’d have all be moaning about their carbon footprint and why couldn't Anne have gone seeing as she was so near… Or if they both went about how unnecessary it was.
Then those people would be morons, most BA flights to Europe have empty seats but the plane is still setting off, might as well have an extra person on it. & if anyone complained about a godson going to a godfathers funeral they’re also a bit of a dick.

I don’t know why it’s annoyed me that the BRF have only sent Anne to Constantine’s funeral but it has a bit. Every other family has sent the King and Queen, even if Charles and Camilla didn’t want to go, I think they have a France trip very soon, why couldn’t William and Kate go? He was Williams godfather and Williams the heir, sending Anne and Williams cousin just feels a bit disrespectful when the same countries would never do the same in return. It reminded me yesterday my sister asked if I was going to read Prince Harrys book and said William and Kate come across as jobsworths, she might be just about the first person to ever think that about them, cause even with a clear calendar he still sends someone in his place.
maybe it was thought it would be to much of a security risk in light of. hapless Harry's Taliban comments for them to attend!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The problem is/was W regularly flying with his whole family, even helicopters, which is scary.
I hope that's changed since HMTQ's passing. I hope the Waleses are flying separately now - W separate from G and G separate from C & L.

This is why TRF should never apologise to H&M (not that I think they have anything to apologise for). An apology is never enough for them. Whilst Jeremy Clarkson was seriously out of order, I do think his was a genuine apology (probably after a dressing down from his daughter and girlfriend Lisa).

• Sick
Reactions: 2
I wonder if they chose to avoid sending someone who will attract questions about a tabloid book rather than proper respect for the deceased. It'd be a fine line between avoiding insulting due to non-attendance, and insulting due to pulling attention inappropriately due to the current melodrama.

Reactions: 3
I wonder if they chose to avoid sending someone who will attract questions about a tabloid book rather than proper respect for the deceased. It'd be a fine line between avoiding insulting due to non-attendance, and insulting due to pulling attention inappropriately due to the current melodrama.
To be fair, I think going to a gathering filled with other royalty is about as sympathetic audience as you’re going to get :cool:

I don't know what royal reporters are like in Greece but I couldn't imagine the ones in England shouting questions about a family scandal at a royal funeral? I don't think William's presence would have taken anything away from the occasion to be honest.
Does anyone else think that it's died down remarkably quickly. Harry is hardly even in the headlines today - until his statement about the Clarkson apology anyway. I don't read his column - what conspiracy theories are they talking about?

I think the BRF do believe they are superior which is why they just thumb their noses up at their royal cousins.
But they love hobnobbing with the absolute Monarchies of the Middle East with their appalling human rights records and horrific treatment of women and protesters. I suppose money is more important than blood after all.

William flies from London to Norfolk weekly- a 90 minute train journey. I doubt it is anything to do with security or Charles' jealousy or carbon footprints. Just that they didn't think the ex King of Greece was important enough ( despite Prince Philip being a member of the Greek Royal Family and Williams Godfather) and that William couldn't be bothered to go.

Reactions: 14

I agrée that Clarkson’s comments were disgusting and he rightly apologised,, but really ?
That's what I said above, Apologising will never be enough for the likes of them. They won't be happy to the world is cleansed. :rolleyes:

I think it's really bizarre that he chose Christmas Day to apologise to them.
It was a bit odd. Maybe he'd had a visit from the ghosts of past, present and future. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
I read an article years ago that stated that kc3 and the rest saw them selves as better than European royal families and so would send lower members of their family to European rf funerals etc but would go to ME and Far East ceromonies as they aligned themselves more with them.
Couldn't agree more! Especially considering the close ties with the Greek royal family (or have they forgotten about Prince Phillip already?) I would have thought at least William should have gone. It really highlights two big problems, Williams reluctance to pick up these overseas events (for god sake he could be there and back within the same day!) and the Windsor's overall reluctance to form any kind of bond with European royals. Every European monarch (I think?) came for both QEII's funeral and Prince Phillips memorial and every single time there's a European event, we send either Anne or Edward and Sophie (no disrespect to either meant here but sending the 16th in line to throne seems a bit of a kick in the teeth)
I read an article years ago that stated that kc3 and the rest saw them selves as better than European royal families and so would send lower members of their family to European rf funerals etc but would go to ME and Far East ceromonies as they aligned themselves more with them.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I think Charles and Wiliam should have gone. Who cares if he will go to France in a couple of weeks? This didn’t clash with it. It’s a funeral! Not even an official state function as he was an Ex-King.
Furthermore, I do think the second W got married they should have taken over from Edward and Sophie. It’s a bit of an interesting thing that the “young set” of current monarchs and first in line are all around 50 while W&K are ten years younger and Charles 20 years older. Charles didn’t seem to be too interested in going, but after marrying Camilla it should actually have been them. CORRECTION Charles went actually to most weddings of the heirs. It was just that E&S tagged along. It should have been W&K thought or C&C alone after their marriage (though it it be that through big wedding run was already finished at that point). Letting the Wessexes go was a mistake. W&K should have mingled with their/their father’s counterparts. What a wasted opportunity…..

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.