The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess as many as they like. They can fly under the radar with them. I would imagine the Waleses might have been ski-ing this year
Yeah I think they could even pop to Mustique and not have the press report it. They have enough credit in the bank with them to keep things quiet.

Reactions: 7
Yeah I think they could even pop to Mustique and not have the press report it. They have enough credit in the bank with them to keep things quiet.
They managed a get away in Jordan with no one being any the wiser until the Christmas card photo came out.

Reactions: 3
Iā€™m sure I saw someone somewhere they had been spotted skiing last week over half term? Didnā€™t seem to get much pick up though.

I know someone who saw them at Croatia (I think it was, my mind has blanked) airport last June, just before Wimbledon. If you look at the Wimbledon pics theyā€™ve both got good tans, it was just after wills 40th so I presume it was a trip just the two of them to celebrate their big birthdays.

Never saw a mention of it anywhere so who knows how many trips away they manage to get on under the radar

A question for those in the know as i seriously have no idea. How many holidays can the royals take? I don't remember Charles going on one for many years when I saw him papped on a beach somewhere.
Charles loves a holiday, I read this is the first time in something like 35 years he isnā€™t going skiing because he doesnā€™t want to risk an injury before the coronation.

They all like the good life and luxurious trappings of success. Who wouldn't?

Even with the press intrusion (which really isn't that bad for most of them) it's not a bad life.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
If I'm being honest, stuff like that fucks me off because you know they put that on their card as a dig to everyone.

How much longer can they go on and stay relevant? Everyoneā€™s losing their rag or interest in them during these times of on going austerity.

How many more plastic bags of cash for titles will Charlie continue to receive now heā€™s top of the feudal pyramid. Wonder how many protest marches are going happen during coronation. Other websites saying a great many.

They all like the good life and luxurious trappings of success. Who wouldn't?

Even with the press intrusion (which really isn't that bad for most of them) it's not a bad life.
not a worry in the world. honestly the gap between the haves and have nots is ridiculous. problem is even if they were abolished it wouldn't matter as they would have so much generational wealth to pass down to the kids.

• Heart

How much longer can they go on and stay relevant? Everyoneā€™s losing their rag or interest in them during these times of on going austerity.

How many more plastic bags of cash for titles will Charlie continue to receive now heā€™s top of the feudal pyramid. Wonder how many protest marches are going happen during coronation. Other websites saying a great many.
That report is a year old and concerns a charitable donation.
A few far left Republicans will protest but will be drowned out by Royalists like me also going up to Westminster to cheer. The coronation will raise far more tourism revenue than it costs and will be in May when heating bills will be far lower. US and French taxpayers have to pay for Presidential inaugurations every 4 or 5 years. We haven't had a coronation for 70 years
---
not a worry in the world. honestly the gap between the haves and have nots is ridiculous. problem is even if they were abolished it wouldn't matter as they would have so much generational wealth to pass down to the kids.
Most parents and grandparents own a house and property now their children and grandchildren will inherit. So what?

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Most parents and grandparents own a house and property now their children and grandchildren will inherit. So what?
Even you must realise there is a difference between someoneā€™s grandparents and parents owning a bungalow, semi detached or an house and owning multiple castles, grand estates, manor houses etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Even you must realise there is a difference between someoneā€™s grandparents and parents owning a bungalow, semi detached or an house and owning multiple castles, grand estates, manor houses etc.
Plus paying inheritance tax which monarchs never do šŸ™„

Reactions: 12
And children of billionaires will personally inherit even more than the royals. Again, so what?
---
The royals do apart from monarch to monarch
---
The royals do apart from monarch to monarch

LOL, when individuals speak so vehemently and passionately for a bunch of excruciating parasites who wouldnā€™t give half a toss if you were starving, freezing and dying right in front of them. šŸ˜‚ Theyā€™d just wipe their Thousand quid shoes on yer back and carry on walking.

Billionaires and the Wealthy for the most part have EARNT their money. No one begrudges them a thing.

Now that Lizā€™s popped, the royals ā€˜influencerā€™ days are disappearing, thank GOD. W+K are sooooo dull and H+M are single handedly destroying whatā€™s left. What ā€œrevenueā€ they bring in is fast being spent on spin doctors to stop yet more bad press being leaked LOL.

Thank god the generation that worshipped them is fast diminishing. Have all but given up on Kate after she blew it with the washing up gloves at the Bafta.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Billionaires and the Wealthy for the most part have EARNT their money. No one begrudges them a thing.
Hmm, I disagree with this part. I think there are dodgy practices in how people become billionaires etc. My issues is that the Royal Family shouldnā€™t have so much money which some of it is unaccounted for. They are so incredibly rich that itā€™s sickening they rely on taxpayers money to do the bare minimum and do up their castles etc. The monarch should pay inheritance tax, why is he depriving the country from a tidy sum? Itā€™s bloody unfair that us plebs have to pay 40% on anything over Ā£325,000 not to mention that the Queen likely gave gifts 7 years prior to her death and I doubt theyā€™ve been taxed.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hmm, I disagree with this part. I think there are dodgy practices in how people become billionaires etc. My issues is that the Royal Family shouldnā€™t have so much money which some of it is unaccounted for. They are so incredibly rich that itā€™s sickening they rely on taxpayers money to do the bare minimum and do up their castles etc. The monarch should pay inheritance tax, why is he depriving the country from a tidy sum? Itā€™s bloody unfair that us plebs have to pay 40% on anything over Ā£325,000 not to mention that the Queen likely gave gifts 7 years prior to her death and I doubt theyā€™ve been taxed.
Agree with your insights, GS, as always! This is a vast topic and one could bash out a thesis, LOL.

Sticking to just royals and the super wealthy, issue for me is there is so much skullduggery with Charles and clan, directly at odds with their purpose.

With the 1%-ers, you almost EXPECT them to be obscene. Thatā€™s how they got there in the first place.

Reactions: 8
With the 1%-ers, you almost EXPECT them to be obscene. Thatā€™s how they got there in the first place.
It is interesting, I will say, that the narrative of "the aristocracy deserve their wealth more than you because God ordained it" melded into "the rich deserve their wealth more than you because they work harder/are more clever" so cleanly we still roll on with the obscenity.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It is interesting, I will say, that the narrative of "the aristocracy deserve their wealth more than you because God ordained it" melded into "the rich deserve their wealth more than you because they work harder/are more clever" so cleanly we still roll on with the obscenity.
A million times yes to this. As if it's your own fault you're poor. I'm all for personal responsibility but it's just not possible for everyone to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and work their way out of poverty. I think this meritocracy idea is particularly prevalent in America where they won't even give free healthcare people who can't afford it through no fault of their own. Theoretically anyone can achieve the American dream and make big money but that's just not true in reality.

Reactions: 16
ITA. Some people just never have a decent chance. They are born into poverty, have inadequate/damaged parents, receive poor education and have no one on their side. OK a small minority might be able to climb their way out and well done to them, but the majority are majorly stuffed.

The difference between the haves and the have nots is widening all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.