The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd love to see her in more edgier, structured stuff, rather than body-skimming coat dresses and flowing gowns.

I said it before but Kate's problem is she has no personal sense of style because she has no idea who she is. She just wears whatever gets laid out in front of her by a dresser who is used to dressing someone 20 years older and doesn't question it. She would really benefit from an actual stylist for events like this and tours because sh',s really hit and miss on them too.

She also needs to ditch McQueen because they dress her in the same stuff over and over again and champion up and coming designers or go to a different British fashion house for a change.
I disagree. Kate seems to have a very clear idea about her style in private. It’s her working royal outfits she seems to struggle with.

Reactions: 5
I disagree. Kate seems to have a very clear idea about her style in private. It’s her working royal outfits she seems to struggle with.
Which is interesting. Why I wonder? She seems to do better if it’s sporty or outdoors clothes for a royal activity.

Love reading all the fashion opinions, thanks everyone. Kate is so lucky to be blessed with supermodel proportions, she looks great in anything of course, but like some others here, would love to see her go outrageous and overboard sometime! Even dying her hair for a night as a red or blond, slicked back, something, anything! Remember Di pushed the boat out for them Testino pics.

I know Kate can’t win, damned if she does or doesn’t. We’re in a different era now, no ones going to clutch their pearls if she comes out in a bandage dress mini or something! I think protocol long went out the window. Agree with the poster who said she needs a really good finger on the pulse, trend setter stylist, even an American or French/Italian Person, preferably a gay guy, in all honesty.

I'm so impressed with this initiative:

I agree this is a nice gesture, but also it’s not *quite* as generous as the report makes out. The spaces which are being made available are the tea rooms only, which are open to the public anyway (it’s not like the great unwashed will have access to any of the main buildings). Also, the warm-space access is 2 hours at lunchtime, just once a week. It’s also strictly limited (60 people a time), and has to be booked in advance. It’s fully booked. Both venues are not really that accessible - you need your own transport, i.e. a car. But I think they do get a cup of tea and a couple of sandwiches. Does it make a heap of difference to people who can’t pay their energy bills? I suspect not. But it’s a good story for the press, who don’t look too closely at the details.
Given the huge number of properties available to them on the various Royal estates, and the Duchies or Cornwall and Lancaster, they really could do more IMO.

Reactions: 8
Kate has 0 personality and imo her clothing choices reflect that.

I think they could 100% do more but it is a kind gesture - too bad the houses aren't opened more or for longer for people, I wonder if there are issues with occupancy as there would be here in the US.

Reactions: 3
Shes supposed to be her stylist
I was right - am aide who became her stylist....

I think she looks lovely most of the time with the odd horror like last night. I do think that outfits that would look absolutely terrible on someone else don't look as bad on her because of her figure if that makes sense. Last night's outfit could have looked even worse on someone else that wasn't as tall or slim.
I have a bit of sympathy with her on the personal style front because I also have no sense of personal style and I just like plain simple classic clothes. I could definitely be accused of being boring or having a boring wardrobe. It didn't mean that I don't know who I am as a person.
If she just had boring style I don't think she'd try and be "fashionable" like with the gloves or those horrific Erdem dresses she wore for a while which is why I think she has no clue who she is. If she was boring she wouldn't wear them at all.

Reactions: 2
I was right - am aide who became her stylist....

If she just had boring style I don't think she'd try and be "fashionable" like with the gloves or those horrific Erdem dresses she wore for a while which is why I think she has no clue who she is. If she was boring she wouldn't wear them at all.
Those Erdem dresses were really hideous. I think probably her worst ever look.

Reactions: 1
It was when she wore the same dress as the Duchess of Kent had worn previously that you thought maybe If you’re not yet 40 and chose to wear the same dress as an almost 90 year old you should consider your fashion choices a bit better.

She doesn’t need to be avant-garde or trendsetty, but she’s more or less had people dressing her for a work wardrobe for over 10 years at least. If she hasn't formed some idea of what works for her or not by now, it’s a bad job.

Reactions: 4
She doesn't need to be a fashion plate. It's better people talk about her work and behaviour than her wardrobe.

Nevertheless as a woman in the public eye her fashion choices will always be noted.

What she could do is emulate HM and wear a kind of uniform in different colours - HM favoured brightly coloured coats and plain dresses with the same type of shoe and bag. This worked well particularly as HM always wore different colours but each one bright which suited her.

Kate does have her uniform of sort with her fitted blue coat dresses. These look good but the trouble is they are too similar. She needs to vary her colours a bit more. Over the years, Kate's wardrobe has become more formal with consistently longer hems and more streamlined, tailored clothing. This to me, seems the way forward.

I am glad she is not curling her hair so much as it too distracting and girlish.

Reactions: 5
She does have a stylist. A young woman, natasha something.
Natasha isn’t a stylist really, she has no background in the industry and is a personal assistant.
---
She doesn't need to be a fashion plate. It's better people talk about her work and behaviour than her wardrobe.
The British fashion industry contributes £20 billion to the economy and directly employs 880,000 people in the UK. As a figurehead she and the rest of the family should take it seriously and support British designers and shops.
---
If I was dressing Kate for the BAFTA’s I would have put her in something like this

Last edited:
The British fashion industry contributes £20 billion to the economy and directly employs 880,000 people in the UK. As a figurehead she and the rest of the family should take it seriously and support British designers and shops.
---
Point taken. I agree she should use her platform to wear British designers but she shouldn't have to be at the forefront of fashion. She could wear well tailored pieces in classic styles without trying to follow the latest fashions. Otherwise the clothes overtake the person and the cause.

Camilla represents the UK well and dresses beautifully IMHO.

Reactions: 9
I loved this off the shoulder Erdem dress, I thought the whole styling was a slay

E5F8FFE9-4E65-4091-88B5-8A806019F6BC.jpeg

And this one I always thought was cute

A3A5DBA7-2C14-44CC-9A42-24D74CD2DD00.jpeg

But the mustard floral one still haunts me. Erdem seem to either make something really chic or really traumatising

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Nevertheless as a woman in the public eye her fashion choices will always be noted.

What she could do is emulate HM and wear a kind of uniform in different colours - HM favoured brightly coloured coats and plain dresses with the same type of shoe and bag. This worked well particularly as HM always wore different colours but each one bright which suited her.

Kate does have her uniform of sort with her fitted blue coat dresses. These look good but the trouble is they are too similar. She needs to vary her colours a bit more. Over the years, Kate's wardrobe has become more formal with consistently longer hems and more streamlined, tailored clothing. This to me, seems the way forward.

I am glad she is not curling her hair so much as it too distracting and girlish.
Honestly what work? she did something like 90 engagements last year - its works out about 1.5 a week and bare in mind she does none of the grunt work for these. She just reads a spec, turns up and shakes a few hands.

Those long coats also look dreadful on her - they age her 20 years and highlight how thin she is. As someone above said, when your wearing the same clothes as a 90 year old it's time to hire a stylist.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Will and Kate must be gagging for a holiday. Feels like a while since they went abroad unless they've managed to get away in secret, which wouldn't surprise me

Will and Kate must be gagging for a holiday. Feels like a while since they went abroad unless they've managed to get away in secret, which wouldn't surprise me
A question for those in the know as i seriously have no idea. How many holidays can the royals take? I don't remember Charles going on one for many years when I saw him papped on a beach somewhere.

A question for those in the know as i seriously have no idea. How many holidays can the royals take? I don't remember Charles going on one for many years when I saw him papped on a beach somewhere.
I guess as many as they like. They can fly under the radar with them. I would imagine the Waleses might have been ski-ing this year

I'm honestly shocked they haven't slipped off somewhere yet - Pippa is in St Barts right now at Eden Rock... She must be FUMING!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.