The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure I saw someone somewhere they had been spotted skiing last week over half term? Didn’t seem to get much pick up though.

I know someone who saw them at Croatia (I think it was, my mind has blanked) airport last June, just before Wimbledon. If you look at the Wimbledon pics they’ve both got good tans, it was just after wills 40th so I presume it was a trip just the two of them to celebrate their big birthdays.

Never saw a mention of it anywhere so who knows how many trips away they manage to get on under the radar
I wonder what sort of security they have on trips like this? I imagine it's hard to go under the radar with security following you. Also how do they travel to these places. I imagine they'd get hassled on easyjet or somewhere similar

ITA. Some people just never have a decent chance. They are born into poverty, have inadequate/damaged parents, receive poor education and have no one on their side. OK a small minority might be able to climb their way out and well done to them, but the majority are majorly stuffed.

The difference between the haves and the have nots is widening all the time.
I wish i could like this post a million times over because it's true. It's been proven time and time again that if you are born into poverty the likeihood of you escaping it are, unfortunely, slim.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
And children of billionaires will personally inherit even more than the royals. Again, so what?
---

The royals do apart from monarch to monarch
---

The royals do apart from monarch to monarch
I am aware hence mentioning monarchs and this isn’t a rave thread

It’s appalling that such vast unearned wealth goes untaxed each time such an over privileged person dies, while the rest of the population, by comparison, is taxed with a fraction of the riches

• Heart
Reactions: 11

It’s appalling that such vast unearned wealth goes untaxed each time such an over privileged person dies, while the rest of the population, by comparison, is taxed with a fraction of the riches

No it's not but the tone of it has definitely changed over the last couple of threads.

Reactions: 6

No it isn't, any married couple doesn't pay a penny in inheritance tax if their estate including their house is under £1 million now if the other dies. The unused nil rate band is then transferred to the surviving spouse so their children inherit inheritance tax free, unless the estate is much bigger than average
---
LOL, when individuals speak so vehemently and passionately for a bunch of excruciating parasites who wouldn’t give half a toss if you were starving, freezing and dying right in front of them. 😂 They’d just wipe their Thousand quid shoes on yer back and carry on walking.

Billionaires and the Wealthy for the most part have EARNT their money. No one begrudges them a thing.

Now that Liz’s popped, the royals ‘influencer’ days are disappearing, thank GOD. W+K are sooooo dull and H+M are single handedly destroying what’s left. What “revenue” they bring in is fast being spent on spin doctors to stop yet more bad press being leaked LOL.

Thank god the generation that worshipped them is fast diminishing. Have all but given up on Kate after she blew it with the washing up gloves at the Bafta.
Billionaires' children haven't done anything to inherit their billions, they still will. See Brooklyn and Nicola
---
LOL, when individuals speak so vehemently and passionately for a bunch of excruciating parasites who wouldn’t give half a toss if you were starving, freezing and dying right in front of them. 😂 They’d just wipe their Thousand quid shoes on yer back and carry on walking.

Billionaires and the Wealthy for the most part have EARNT their money. No one begrudges them a thing.

Now that Liz’s popped, the royals ‘influencer’ days are disappearing, thank GOD. W+K are sooooo dull and H+M are single handedly destroying what’s left. What “revenue” they bring in is fast being spent on spin doctors to stop yet more bad press being leaked LOL.

Thank god the generation that worshipped them is fast diminishing. Have all but given up on Kate after she blew it with the washing up gloves at the Bafta.
William and Kate in particular are also far more popular across the generations than Sunak or Starmer or Boris or Truss or indeed any politician who would be President if you republicans got your way

Reactions: 3
Was it not embarrassing that Kate couldn't even do some simple pancakes at that appearance yesterday without them turning into a mess

• Haha
Reactions: 5
A million times yes to this. As if it's your own fault you're poor. I'm all for personal responsibility but it's just not possible for everyone to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and work their way out of poverty. I think this meritocracy idea is particularly prevalent in America where they won't even give free healthcare people who can't afford it through no fault of their own. Theoretically anyone can achieve the American dream and make big money but that's just not true in reality.
True. but God forbid you say that loudly, you will be labeled ''commie'' immediately. :(

Reactions: 4
A million times yes to this. As if it's your own fault you're poor. I'm all for personal responsibility but it's just not possible for everyone to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and work their way out of poverty. I think this meritocracy idea is particularly prevalent in America where they won't even give free healthcare people who can't afford it through no fault of their own. Theoretically anyone can achieve the American dream and make big money but that's just not true in reality.
They do have ‘free’ or subsidised (no one gets free healthcare, we all pay for it in some way) healthcare for lower income, the elderly and veterans. The US has plenty of social programs but they seem to be in denial of it.

Reactions: 1
Was it not embarrassing that Kate couldn't even do some simple pancakes at that appearance yesterday without them turning into a mess
No it wasn't. Most people cannot do "simple pancakes" and I should inform you that women are not expected to be kitchen dwellers anymore. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 14
Maybe we could have a rave thread so we don't constantly have to go back and forth about why monarchy is still around, inheritance issues etc which have all been discussed before numerous times! For those of us that just enjoy the goings on of the royal family and their engagements etc?

Reactions: 8
Maybe we could have a rave thread so we don't constantly have to go back and forth about why monarchy is still around, inheritance issues etc which have all been discussed before numerous times! For those of us that just enjoy the goings on of the royal family and their engagements etc?
I don’t know, I think this thread does a good job of being balanced. I think there is two or three ultra royalists but most people are open to talking about good and bad

Reactions: 20
---

Billionaires' children haven't done anything to inherit their billions, they still will. See Brooklyn and Nicola
---
I do agree with you 100% there. It is unbearable to see the likes of snotty nose gormless useless tit bags Nicola and Brooklyn flouting their trustfunds, but the British public isn’t funding their lifestyle. They don’t have an moral obligation to the Taxpayers.

Reactions: 10
I like that this is mostly neither rave nor hate. For the most part we’re able to comment, air different views and opinions without it being nasty. I like reading views that oppose my own. Adult dialogue. It’s healthy.

Reactions: 24
I like that this is mostly neither rave nor hate. For the most part we’re able to comment, air different views and opinions without it being nasty. I like reading views that oppose my own. Adult dialogue. It’s healthy.
Totally agree, I am a royalist in the sense that I don’t want a republic/president, enjoy watching the pomp and ceremony, love watching and dissing the fashion and can’t lie, love the drama and gossip 😂

That being said I think they have plenty of shortcomings and in an ideal world I would love to see Charles go for a total reform of the system as it is (although I’m not holding my breath)

I don’t think this has to be a rave or a hate thread? (Not that I’m a moderator or have any say in this ha) but think it’s actually one of the few threads I read and take part in where it’s not a totally once sided opinion (eg love or hate)

I also learn a hell of a lot on here too, there are some very clever people who post on here!
---
I wonder what sort of security they have on trips like this? I imagine it's hard to go under the radar with security following you. Also how do they travel to these places. I imagine they'd get hassled on easyjet or somewhere similar

I’ve just text my friend to bulk out the details of this sighting for us 😂 she is however currently in the Maldives so I’m not expecting a reply anytime soon. Yes, she’s a lucky cow 😂 but lovely and one of the best so I can’t begrudge her. Will report back hopefully soon

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think by slimming down the rf he is virtually forcing Charlotte etc to be involved and at a much younger age. He and TQ had relatives helping out but cut out william’s cousins and who will help when ppow and POW are in their 70s onwards. The rf is going to look more and more out of touch as not as many charities will be supported , not as many visits or times when royalists can interact with them.

Totally agree, I am a royalist in the sense that I don’t want a republic/president, enjoy watching the pomp and ceremony, love watching and dissing the fashion and can’t lie, love the drama and gossip 😂

That being said I think they have plenty of shortcomings and in an ideal world I would love to see Charles go for a total reform of the system as it is (although I’m not holding my breath)
I could have written this. That's exactly how I feel.

I've always said I love having a non political, constant, reliable head of state.

Reactions: 6
I think by slimming down the rf he is virtually forcing Charlotte etc to be involved and at a much younger age. He and TQ had relatives helping out but cut out william’s cousins and who will help when ppow and POW are in their 70s onwards. The rf is going to look more and more out of touch as not as many charities will be supported , not as many visits or times when royalists can interact with them.
Interesting point. I think that they do want to step away from supporting so many charities though, isn’t that part of the plan? And just strategically focus on certain ones according to different themes. I don’t know if it’s a good idea but I understood that was what they wanted to do.
I hadn’t considered whether it makes them remote if they don’t have so many charities to follow. Interesting pointz

Reactions: 2
I could have written this. That's exactly how I feel.

I've always said I love having a non political, constant, reliable head of state.
I think the talk about modernising the monarchy is really interesting … and the way minute it looks to be inching towards the 21st century it gets hoiked unceremoniously back to the 1950’s.

I think getting the balance between being visible and using their time more effectively is going to be crucial.

Reactions: 3
I think the talk about modernising the monarchy is really interesting … and the way minute it looks to be inching towards the 21st century it gets hoiked unceremoniously back to the 1950’s.
It's an institution that's been in place over a thousand years. Any progress is going to be slow. I think TRF have been more accessible in recent years than at any other time and I think Charles wants to make changes.

Reactions: 1
Interesting point. I think that they do want to step away from supporting so many charities though, isn’t that part of the plan? And just strategically focus on certain ones according to different themes. I don’t know if it’s a good idea but I understood that was what they wanted to do.
I hadn’t considered whether it makes them remote if they don’t have so many charities to follow. Interesting pointz
I agree. Shrinking the visible working RF will most definitely mean less engagements and obviously less patronages over all. It’s kind of sad because I think the UK has probably the best „ordinary person being acknowledge by a royal“ percentage. And giving publicity to tons of smaller organisations, programs and similar. But if you look around, most monarchies that appear to be more modern have dropped that and are actually much more remote as in don’t mingle as much with their subjects. They do have created a handful of opportunities though to make people feel connected and it pays off. Sadly, I don’t think the BRF employs the right staff for this or is not willing to accept that you have to offer an adequate alternative to appear relevant.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.