The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I usually love black/white combos and I LOVED that dress the last time she wore it but this look isn't working.

A one-shoulder dress doesn't really suit opera length gloves, especially one in that wispy material.Those gloves needed something strapless with a slightly fuller skirt in a heavier material.

That dress with the gold earrings, some gold bangles and gold strappy shoes would have been perfect. And her hair in a loose updo so as not to compete with the long white fabric trailing behind her. Basically a sort of Grecian-inspired look to play into the aesthetic of the dress.

Reactions: 14
I don't think the dress goes with the gloves - she needed something more structed or modern to pull it off.

Seriously, William need to take some money from the duchy for a stylist!
William needs to stop teasing those 4 poor strands of hair over his scalp.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I mean, there is so much good stuff in the vaults its almost criminal to ignore it for something that looks like your ears will be green and itchy by the end of the night.

if you can’t bling up at the BAFTA’s it’s a bad job.
Is she allowed just free roam of the vaults? We see Camilla in some pretty glam stuff so maybe she’ll have to wait till Will is King to ditch Zara

Reactions: 2
Wouldn't you absolutely just love to hear his justification for it?? Just for a good laugh. He doesn't know he's alive!!
Man accused of child abuse and pays off his alleged victim attempts to get public sympathy for not being paid to live in 40 room mansion. Who's setting up the go fund me?

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Having seen a video of her walking she does look pretty and very glowy but the gloves ruin everything

Reactions: 3
I liked the dress but the gloves with it were strange. There was no black accessories to pull the look together, so it looked like two different outfits.

Reactions: 2
Child abuse? Come on.
The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) defines a child as people under the age of 18 - I remember there were issues because Virginia was 17 and who knows else he got involved in. They very well could have been under 18.

Reactions: 9
Re Charles I think so far I'm pleasantly surprised. He had a tough act to follow and I think one thing he does well is bringing together different communities etc, whether it's a PR move or not, there have already been a lot of mixed-culture moves/events that are crucial in 2023.

I'd like to see more of his plan for streamlining the monarchy and there's talk about a shift on all the properties etc, but i guess these things take time, he's only been King for 5 months, in planning the coronation and will be mindful of changing too much too soon I'm sure. Also I guess he can't just overnight start stripping titles, houses etc.

I read something earlier that said Andrew couldn't move into Fergie's new apartment with her because there isn't room for his collection of 72 teddy bears 😂 😂 😂

Kate's look tonight is odd, love the dress and earrings, hate the gloves. Think this is the first time Wills has looked better than Kate, I'm digging his jacket tonight.
What is it with the teddy bears? Didn't he go into a tantrum about the teddy bears when someone wanted to move them?

Reactions: 4
I have to admit, I thought it looked awful.

Basic. Very basic
---
I preferred the dress the way she wore it the first time round.
This is the thing with Kate. One rave review and it's rinse and repeat

I absolutely agree about the bafta look. The elements don’t go together. I don’t mind the gloves but they needed more moody old Hollywood glam. The earrings are a serious statement but get drowned by the white(dress)/black(gloves&hair) contrast. A sharp and clean style would have showcase them.
The re-work of the dress is a bit lazy. Yes, the flower application made it dated but the sash looks weird. Maybe without the shorter front part and a more dramatic pleating or some fabric sculpting on the shoulder? Either way, the dress screams for a more ethereal look.
I am not the biggest fan of the middle part with the straight hair. Maybe because I am old enough to have actively participated in that trend before (and most people my age refuse to look like that again. A generation of teenagers that happily don’t have photographic evidence of their style….)
At least she has stopped the make up experiments. Maybe her panda eyes are heavy and boring BUT at least it’s recognisable her. If someone finds a style they absolutely love there is no need to change it up. Following trends doesn’t equal having style. The panda look as so very classic Kate I don’t mind if she uses it till the end of her days. When she tried the different hair and make up in her birthday pictures and at this one event she basically looked like CP Mary and not at all like the public Kate that was carefully created in the last years. We all know she dresses different in private. Same for make up. It was basically a drastic change in the corporate design of the public character. I don’t think it will work. Maybe if they hadn’t hammered in the public persona so strict. Do I make sense here? Her hair and make up were like HMTQ dress/purse/coat/hat combo or Queen Beatrix’s hair helmet. Most royal ladies have a distinctive element or style you can rely on. Changing it up only happens in small doses if at all.

Reactions: 3
I absolutely agree about the bafta look. The elements don’t go together. I don’t mind the gloves but they needed more moody old Hollywood glam. The earrings are a serious statement but get drowned by the white(dress)/black(gloves&hair) contrast. A sharp and clean style would have showcase them.
The re-work of the dress is a bit lazy. Yes, the flower application made it dated but the sash looks weird. Maybe without the shorter front part and a more dramatic pleating or some fabric sculpting on the shoulder? Either way, the dress screams for a more ethereal look.
I am not the biggest fan of the middle part with the straight hair. Maybe because I am old enough to have actively participated in that trend before (and most people my age refuse to look like that again. A generation of teenagers that happily don’t have photographic evidence of their style….)
At least she has stopped the make up experiments. Maybe her panda eyes are heavy and boring BUT at least it’s recognisable her. If someone finds a style they absolutely love there is no need to change it up. Following trends doesn’t equal having style. The panda look as so very classic Kate I don’t mind if she uses it till the end of her days. When she tried the different hair and make up in her birthday pictures and at this one event she basically looked like CP Mary and not at all like the public Kate that was carefully created in the last years. We all know she dresses different in private. Same for make up. It was basically a drastic change in the corporate design of the public character. I don’t think it will work. Maybe if they hadn’t hammered in the public persona so strict. Do I make sense here? Her hair and make up were like HMTQ dress/purse/coat/hat combo or Queen Beatrix’s hair helmet. Most royal ladies have a distinctive element or style you can rely on. Changing it up only happens in small doses if at all.
I said it before but Kate's problem is she has no personal sense of style because she has no idea who she is. She just wears whatever gets laid out in front of her by a dresser who is used to dressing someone 20 years older and doesn't question it. She would really benefit from an actual stylist for events like this and tours because sh',s really hit and miss on them too.

She also needs to ditch McQueen because they dress her in the same stuff over and over again and champion up and coming designers or go to a different British fashion house for a change.

Reactions: 10
I said it before but Kate's problem is she has no personal sense of style because she has no idea who she is. She just wears whatever gets laid out in front of her by a dresser who is used to dressing someone 20 years older and doesn't question it. She would really benefit from an actual stylist for events like this and tours because sh',s really hit and miss on them too.

She also needs to ditch McQueen because they dress her in the same stuff over and over again and champion up and coming designers or go to a different British fashion house for a change.
She does have a stylist. A young woman, natasha something.

I think she looks lovely most of the time with the odd horror like last night. I do think that outfits that would look absolutely terrible on someone else don't look as bad on her because of her figure if that makes sense. Last night's outfit could have looked even worse on someone else that wasn't as tall or slim.
I have a bit of sympathy with her on the personal style front because I also have no sense of personal style and I just like plain simple classic clothes. I could definitely be accused of being boring or having a boring wardrobe. It didn't mean that I don't know who I am as a person.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think she looks lovely most of the time with the odd horror like last night. I do think that outfits that would look absolutely terrible on someone else don't look as bad on her because of her figure if that makes sense. Last night's outfit could have looked even worse on someone else that wasn't as tall or slim.
I have a bit of sympathy with her on the personal style front because I also have no sense of personal style and I just like plain simple classic clothes. I could definitely be accused of being boring or having a boring wardrobe. It didn't mean that I don't know who I am as a person.
I actually like(ed) her style from a few years ago - dresses/coat dresses/sporty outfits. I see that I am in minority. In my opinion she does not look good in suits. First, she does not work in corporate world (but I do). Secondly, even in corporate world, the current style is more relax (at least in our industry) and formal looks reminds more of the 90s. I loved her last year’s BAFT style and hoped that she would repeat it this year. Unfortunately, the gloves were too dramatic and in combination with earrings a no go. Otherwise I think she is doing quite well and she should follow a more classic look. After so many years it is obvious that she is not a trend setter like queen Letizia and she should be herself. A true English rose true to herself (I am a bit romantic, since unfortunately I am not from UK but would love to live there).

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.