The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

James upsetting people again, he seems to have a knack for it.

While it's his business what he does at home/with his home he does come across as selfish and cosetted to a dodgy degree.
What’s it got to do with the neighbour what James - or anyone - does on their land or home? It’s a farm with farming equipment, hardly ground breaking, he just seems a nosey neighbour trying to make some money selling a non story about someone with moderate fame.

Reactions: 10
The dress she wore to the BAFTA’s badly fits around the bust. Not a fan of the black opera gloves. Such a shame, I think it would have been better without the gloves. The earrings look quite gaudy. Who is dressing her!
I think William looks quite smart.

Reactions: 9
The dress she wore to the BAFTA’s badly fits around the bust. Not a fan of the black opera gloves. Such a shame, I think it would have been better without the gloves. The earrings look quite gaudy. Who is dressing her!
The earrings were the only thing I liked!

I have to admit, I thought it looked awful.

Reactions: 11
Whoever thought those gloves were a good idea needs sacking.
Would have been a beautiful, classic look styled differently.

Reactions: 19
I like the dress but pure white with black long gloves is not a good look in my opinion!

Reactions: 15
Re Charles I think so far I'm pleasantly surprised. He had a tough act to follow and I think one thing he does well is bringing together different communities etc, whether it's a PR move or not, there have already been a lot of mixed-culture moves/events that are crucial in 2023.

I'd like to see more of his plan for streamlining the monarchy and there's talk about a shift on all the properties etc, but i guess these things take time, he's only been King for 5 months, in planning the coronation and will be mindful of changing too much too soon I'm sure. Also I guess he can't just overnight start stripping titles, houses etc.

I read something earlier that said Andrew couldn't move into Fergie's new apartment with her because there isn't room for his collection of 72 teddy bears 😂 😂 😂

Kate's look tonight is odd, love the dress and earrings, hate the gloves. Think this is the first time Wills has looked better than Kate, I'm digging his jacket tonight.

Reactions: 6
I know she's supposed to be "thrifty Kate" but wearing the same dress to the same event just 4 years apart is a bit weird. Hasn't William worn that suit recently too?

Dull. Need more pizazz.

Reactions: 3
I can’t decide, I get the idea behind it and I think it could look good in theory, but the gloves are so dramatic and old school I think they needed something more glamorous than just a straight blowout and zara earrings. I think silver/diamond jewellery would have worked better and some kind of curls in the hair

I don’t like the gloves with the dress and I think the dress is trying to do too much. Too floaty.
I don’t think the earrings work with the outfit but I like them and could see them working well with a different dress.

Reactions: 4
I think all the elements together would have looked amazing if they were all slightly different? Really needed a dark or patterned dress with volume (but not pleats) to stop the whole glove combo looking cheap. Bless her for trying though - I always like when she wears a token cheapo earring once to show she's just like us, not like she has access to some absolute corkers is it... Surely it's more sustainable to wear old jewellery?!

I can’t decide, I get the idea behind it and I think it could look good in theory, but the gloves are so dramatic and old school I think they needed something more glamorous than just a straight blowout and zara earrings. I think silver/diamond jewellery would have worked better and some kind of curls in the hair
I mean, there is so much good stuff in the vaults its almost criminal to ignore it for something that looks like your ears will be green and itchy by the end of the night.

if you can’t bling up at the BAFTA’s it’s a bad job.

Reactions: 6
Catherine’s dress is lovely - safe option for her. The accessories are risky and have all failed in my humble opinion. Gloves, earrings and clutch are a no from me. However - nice to see her mix it up a little. William looks fab.

Reactions: 7
I don't think the dress goes with the gloves - she needed something more structed or modern to pull it off.

Seriously, William need to take some money from the duchy for a stylist!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.