Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lammington

VIP Member
I'm still wondering if we'll see announcements on narrowing the royal family post-coronation, or if Charles will rely on natural attrition.

I think the easiest method would be to formalise rules in line with what appears to be happening for this generation by simple comedy of errors - restrict HRH titles to the children of the heir going forward. It would allow the necessary streamlining without the hurt feelings of stripping titles risking more bloody TV shows and books.

Reactions: 1

Lammington

VIP Member
I think the headline was inaccurate (or dramatised for effect!) but the actual article was pretty much exactly what he said wasn't it? It definitely mentioned the ghostwriter and how Harry was one of his top students. He's pretty clear that the flying lessons would not have happened as described in the book but he blames the ghostwriter rather than Harry - not a viewpoint I share. It's Harry's name on the book. He's the one who's responsible for making sure the contents are true in my opinion.
I think it's funny that Harry has used tabloid tactics in his book - a lot of his stories are also exaggerated or 'dramatised for effect.' Spare is like a tabloid in book form.
I'd be keen to see the translated version he saw for his comments, to be fair. If it focused on the "was this an aborted suicide attempt" angle or was cut off at an odd point, his reaction to it may have been very different to the version he read in full in the book.

While I have my issues with the book (in particular a tendency to states Harry's assumptions of the motives of others as fact, biased retellings, and the sheer ick of "Mummy" and "todger") I don't think it's fair to seek and hold to comments about translated clips of it.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I think it's more to do with people who are struggling right now, using food banks etc. are funding this lifestyle than anything else then when they are in front of a camera pretending there "just like us". If they were private citizens no one would bat an eyelid on how little Kate works.

On the subject of Kate - in this weeks Popbitch.....

View attachment 1896651
What’s the ‘rural rivalry’?

bubbadabut

VIP Member
The Monegasque coronation of Albert in 2005 wasn’t as glamorous as I would have hoped:
View attachment 1885263View attachment 1885264View attachment 1885265
The coronation of Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands in 2013 was better but still not glam tiaras on the guests.
View attachment 1885269
That colour is stunning on Máxima.

Daniel of Sweden always reminds me of Dwight from The Office USA.

Who is the lady next to Albert of Monaco? She looks great, but black was a strange choice.

Reraciara

Chatty Member
Sounds like they want to knock down the old house and rebuild with a new one. Maybe it wasn't in keeping with the area. James' sounds more like they want to renovate existing buildings and structures.
ITs a listed building though - surely they can't just do what they want? Also as someone says, how the FUCK does someone who walks away over 800K in debt then turn around and buy/renovate a house in the same year. If his wife /family are bank-rolling thus he should hang his head in shame....

I think they’d be as bad burnt as scalded if they took anything with them. Don’t take anything and be seen as entitled, don’t give a care. Take something and be seen as patronising.

Asking what is really needed and arranging private donation is probably the best way.
I think they do make private donations.

---

To the best of my knowledge most of the marshmallows here are pink or white and come in bags from the supermarket. Sometimes little ones are put on hot chocolate.
here ends my marshmallow knowlege :D
Oh there is a brand called Marsh & Mallow that produces the most delicious chocolate coated marshmallow in different flavours. You can get them in bars and in bags

CuriousCat92

Chatty Member
I think it's more to do with people who are struggling right now, using food banks etc. are funding this lifestyle than anything else then when they are in front of a camera pretending there "just like us". If they were private citizens no one would bat an eyelid on how little Kate works.

On the subject of Kate - in this weeks Popbitch.....

View attachment 1896651
It’s the rumour that won’t die. Is that because it’s true or because Kate and William are so boring that we want it to be true to have something of interest to talk about?

Eirawen

VIP Member
Carol is the ultimate social astronaut. She must be very determined and resourceful.
I bet if you are no use to her she is very dismissive. It does put me off Kate a bit, but maybe she is different.
Spot on, and social astronaut is perfect

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
We do have private universities but they differ from American and European ones. 'Private' universities are considered to be those that are funded by tuition fees alone while 'public' universities receive funding directly from one of the government funding councils for teaching and research. They are University of Buckingham, Regent's University London, University of Law, BPP University and Arden University. There are also some private foreign universities.
You live and learn ...

CuriousCat92

Chatty Member
Is the early years project (or whatever it is) going down that badly? I know I don’t like it but I am not seeing lots of criticism of it, more indifference

Em_gardener

VIP Member
Wasn’t the queen 13 or so when she met Philip, who was 18?
Was he a pervert as well?
I was shocked by that in the crown. I didn't realise they were related either. I suppose there was only a 5 year age difference so it was fine by the time they actually got together. Peter Townsend was way older I think?

Curly Top

VIP Member
I was right - am aide who became her stylist....

If she just had boring style I don't think she'd try and be "fashionable" like with the gloves or those horrific Erdem dresses she wore for a while which is why I think she has no clue who she is. If she was boring she wouldn't wear them at all.
Those Erdem dresses were really hideous. I think probably her worst ever look.

MoodyBlue

VIP Member
Isn't that referring to Rose Hanbury supposedly having an affair with William? Giles Coren who was at SoHo House Amsterdam with Harry and Meghan started that rumor - I'm open believing William 100% cheats and has cheated in the past, they had so many break ups

I thought they only broke up once, when they were courting?

- but it seems too convenient. Kate told Chelsy to look the other way while Harry cheated.
Where did you see that?

Spurgyrose

that's very interesting about the public unis having tuition fees subsidized. does that mean that nobody going to public unis pay tuition fees? do people just choose to go to a private uni for the reputation then? do community colleges have fees or are they free?
Sorry, they’re partially subsidised. It’s the same in Canada (but most of our unis are public anyways). So for in-state students the tuition will be lower. But if you’re from out of state I believe you pay a higher tuition rate but I’m not sure how much higher. The motivation to go to private university is that you may not be lucky enough to have good state schools and you also may not be accepted to your state school, acceptance is not guaranteed. A private university may have a program that is not offered or is not as robust at a cheaper state school as well.