Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
In other news Tom Cruise has been invited to the coronation ( apparently) and James Middleton has been on This morning talking about therapy dogs.

Yes, I saw that. Why that particular deranged midget?
I thought it was meant to be a solemn royal occasion, not a photo opportunity for celebs. 🙄

Reactions: 2

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
Sorry if I’m late to the party but just seen an article claiming Fergie and Camilla are practically best friends. The same Camilla who didn’t even come to Eugenies wedding? The PR push to try and rehabilitate the Yorks image is laughable and sooooo transparent. Do they SERIOUSLY think this is going to work? And that photo in the bath- please don’t tell me that’s the big bit of evidence Andrew was expecting to clear him of any wrongdoing 🤣🤣🤣
Oh gahhh has Fergie got all ahead of herself after speaking at the King of rock n rolls daughters funeral. Different type of crown altogether luv, calm down, calm down ginge. The lack of brain cells in that lot are worrying, at least one of the Princess's seems to have a few more

Andouilette

Repeating what you already said doesn't make you more right than before
But TYL is right there was a very impressive flypast, horses (lots), soldiers, many, many police in dress uniform, 21 gun salutes and the utterly amazing presidential Lancia Flaminia which dates from 1961.

Eirawen

VIP Member
He's an ass just like his brother imo - he's got a history of rudeness and nastiness to people pawned off as humor. I would be hurt!
View attachment 1963625
Doesn’t he look like his father in this still from the article? I’ve never seen the likeness before but here it’s uncanny.
When he was younger he looked like his Mum and even seemed to have some of her mannerisms. He has gradually morphed into a Windsor through and through

Reraciara

Chatty Member
Plus his parents are millionaires.

They don't get any taxpayer funds and provided the council approved the extension lawfully this is their business only
Well I wasn't expecting him to marry vicky from the post office and shack up in a semi-d

What him and his wife do to their property is their business - although I'd say his neighbours are pissed off at him after he objected to theirs

Em_gardener

VIP Member
And they chose now that their brand is circling the drain to air it out.
I thought it was Clarkson that announced it first today and their statement is in response to his. It's hard to judge without knowing what was in his apology email. His article was horrible and they don't have to accept his apology if they don't want to but I think if they started off their statement but saying something like they were glad he apologised or thanks to the public who complained on their behalf it would soften it up a little bit and they'd come across better. They always sound so self righteous in their statements.
He actually didn’t, maybe judgemental of me but I thought Jeremy would be a bit of a covid denier, but he was absolutely terrified of it, so I don’t really know what conspiracies they’re talking about. He shouldn’t have published what he did, but if they try speaking as a voice of what should be in the press and comedy they’ll risk much more intelligent people joining the conversation and sitting them down. His farming show was actually really good so bit gutted it’s cancelled after season 2, it really helped the farming industry as well.
I enjoyed his farming show too. I read that season 3 had already been commissioned and will air in 2024?

Reactions: 1

sephylily

VIP Member
Those are how American private universities work too. In the US the public uni's are more commonly referred to as 'state' schools and the tuition fees are subsidized by the state. Private or public/state schools run the whole gamut of prestigious to shite, but all the Ivy League schools are private. Going to a private university doesn't really mean anything on its own and there are some excellent public uni's too, ie UC Berkley, U Michigan, UCLA, etc

---

People disparaged that warning they put on the new season, but really it kind of was presented as a dramatised documentary! Like, obviously the private dialogues had to be made up but after a while if you're kind of passively watching it does all seem like 'certainly, this all must have happened'. It doesn't help that there are soooo many books and articles written about the Royals with 'insiders' dishing on what so and so had to say about such and such, it really doesn't feel that farfetched that even the private dialogues could be true!
that's very interesting about the public unis having tuition fees subsidized. does that mean that nobody going to public unis pay tuition fees? do people just choose to go to a private uni for the reputation then? do community colleges have fees or are they free?

i think there are so many different things about the royals that are just said that people just straight away take as being completely factual. some of them probably are but it's like that meme of harry saying he listens to shenyeng to calm himself down on twitter. i saw so many people on tiktok who genuinely thought it was actually true. the crown is that on steroids because people just take it as gospel.

To be fair, with the number of people who believe Corrie and Eastenders are real, I dont think we’ve much in the way of high ground :D
idk anybody who believes soaps are real. is that an actual thing?!

Reraciara

Chatty Member
I’m glad you said this. I’ve had an uneasy feeling about James & his motives for a while now. I don’t think all is as in seems there unfortunately. I see Kate having to deal with a lot of embarrassment from those quarters in future 😒
I always think in situations like that they clearly have learnt it from somewhere and they gave people around them who act the same...

hehehe

VIP Member
I think the companies that employ Beatrice and Eugenie are happy to take the rough of having to only have them in the office occasionally with the smooth of having their name on the letterhead and an office door.
Someone spilled the tea a few threads back that this is also the case for Chelsy Davy's "employer".

soph30

VIP Member
I remember his marshmallow adverts being on the tv all the time years ago and didn’t know it was his company until about a year ago. They were quite a cool idea but soooo expensive for what they were. They could have worked much better as a funny novelty present on the side of someone’s main present but once you add in delivery they were about £15, which isn’t far off what you’d pay for a main present.
They still exist! Boomf.com :)

EnjoyingTheShow

Chatty Member
Good God, yes, he definitely was! Doesn’t everyone know he was? Hardly a secret. A lifelong dirty old man

I’m still not sure which part of the PENNY BRABOURNE saga to believe.

Was said she was either his lover (established long term mistress accepted by Queen) or his secret daughter/love child.

Hence the only outsider invited to the funeral by the Family.