Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CuriousCat92

Chatty Member
Ok, seems I have to be the one to hate on the red pant suit. The asymmetrical blazer looks stupid and this particular red is too bright on the eyes. She is not the first one falling into that trap. I am all for a bold power suit but it needs classic lines and a good fit to work.
I am also generally supportive of an EarlyYear focus, but I am no fan (as you might have gathered by previous posts) of her approach. She can raise as much awareness as she wants- politics won’t move so the only other two key recipients are private initiatives and parents. And parents are still the biggest impact at that age and that’s where it gets ugly quickly. She tried that before and got lots of hate for patronising parents. Now, I will say - I absolutely understand the multifaceted circumstances and challenges that parents face today. For ordinary people the best case is two working parents, paying lots of money for childcare, being stressed by balancing work demands and children’s needs. So Kate swooping in talking about playing outside with them comes a bit aloof. But in the end, no program or support will make a difference if patents don’t show up to take the responsibility. Of course it’s the parents job to toilet train and the nursery should support them when they start (by not putting them back into diapers after the third accident because it’s more work). The pandemic shutdown showed the massive benefits nurseries and schools have and hopefully gave parents a glimpse what it means to spend that many hours with children and not just teaching intellectual subjects but also how to follow rules, interact in a group, uphold basic social communication skills…. I am forever grateful my children very probably won’t start school under such circumstances. Sadly, all those people get is a wee clap (like the health care sector) and not better wages. I don’t know how Kate wants to balance this without getting burned. If she dives deep she will step on quite some toes, if she stays on the “awareness” level people will rightfully criticise her effort. It’s like healthy weight- everyone knows how to loose unnecessary weight, what should be part of a healthy diet and about the benefits of physical activity. But most won’t show up for it and get quite annoyed when lectured. And while I firmly believe everyone should be allowed to be as unhealthy as they choose, it gets extra delicate if you are making those decisions for others, your children.
I would seriously impressed if Kate chooses to step on toes, alienate some people and work through it for 25+ years. Maybe then we would see an impact. If taking care of children professionally gets better resources (wages, carer to children ratio, respect in society) and parents find their footing a bit more (through lots of support for whatever their circumstances are) that would be great. I just don’t think she has it in her. On the other hand, I suspect her to be a rather steely personality (to not just put up with the BRF but really get in is quite the thing). At least I would suspect not just a week but MONTHS of public events to launch this.
This says everything I think better than I could!

Reactions: 1

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Ah that would be a cracking episode of The Repair Shop :D
It could start like Antiques Roadshow with Charles driving up to the barn with a couple of thrones in the Aston Martin. Jay could probe a bit for the family history and then Will and Sonnaz can work their magic.
You can have that for free Charles and the BBC ;)

Speaking of which, does any one watch Great British Menu and like me find it amusing that we have the first Coronation for 70 years yet the final big banquet is to celebrate Paddington’s 65th birthday. I like to think of it as Queenie’s revenge :cool:
Too late. King Charles has already done The Repair Shop. It was shown on telly a few months ago.

DarnIt

VIP Member
I definitely get the impression that the York's are all a team and the girls believe their father is innocent. I guess it's hard to imagine your Dad could be involved with something so horrible no matter how much evidence etc you see.

I do wonder how much truth there is to any of these Andrew articles. I saw someone on Twitter say, half-jokingly, that it appeared he was using some of his inheritance from the Queen on a new PR team thanks to the amount he's been in the press the past few days. Add in Eugenies interview and baby announcement I can't help wonder if it's all part of a wider "York PR push" and if so it makes me wonder if actually Charles has already told him in no uncertain terms there's no way back so now he's doing a bit of a Harry and trying to build his own "York" brand.
So who provided the news snip that Fergie was welcomed into the RF Christmas a few weeks ago? York PR?

Em_gardener

VIP Member
I think any fancy law firm in London would get bonus points for royal connections no matter how tenuous. Even basic celebrities generate business.
I can see how she might get them in the door for a pitch but would a big company really pick their law firm because she was there? I can see how she'd be an advantage to them. I just don't know if she'd be a huge advantage. If I was in trouble legally I wouldn't be impressed by a famous lawyer!

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Absolutely. Mike has been cashing in on his royal relation for decades, and is known to blab about them just enough to stay interesting in the hope to get more out of him. Additionally he is basically a shady influencer. So yeah…. no brownie points for Anne’s offspring. I think out of all Beatrice is the only one working a somewhat real job since 2017. Peter Philips company is a joke and heavily relying on his connections. Eugenie might be another contender for actually working a real job. And it seems both women have stopped to take off more days than actually work. But who knows. At this point Beatrice is the only one not living on a royal property- but fear not, she and Edit purchased a £3.5 million manor home in 2021. Oh how the other 1% live.
Eugenue and Beatrice's jobs seem to involve having names that their bosses can use on letterheads (so also cashing in on their Royal connections). Before they married and had babies, their working lives consisted of more holidays than work.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Charles and Anne really had the childhood of a traditional upper class father in an armed force life … even before she became Queen they were left at home with nannies for months on end while she and Philip were in Malta … which was normal for the time.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
What do we think the royals will wear to the coronation? Do we think we’ll see the top 4 in robes etc? I saw there is technically a coronet (basically a small crown to us common folk) for the heir so I wonder will William wear that? Personally I want them to go all out, it’s a coronation and if they’re going to do it they may as well do it properly plus the crowns and tiaras all exist already so it’s not like it will cost anything.

I’ve got a sneaky suspicion however that it’s going to be robes and crowns for Charles and Camilla and just nice dress coats and hats for the rest. If so I will be severely disappointed, we get those every year at various services and garden parties and trooping the colour etc I want something good 😅
Looking at other royal families who celebrate a new monarch it seems that the dress code is more casual than I would have expected. But the BRF is the only royal family with a coronation so there’s still hope we might get some sparkles!

hannah123

VIP Member
I’m not sure why the girl who had sex with Harry is acting like he told the world it was her. She says she was forced to tell her Dad and she wishes Harry had let her know prior to the publication - but she’s the one announcing to the world and doing a photo shoot for the Mail?
& the way Harry wrote it I can’t imagine anyone was suspecting her. It made it seem like it was one of his mums friends. I’d imagined it was a 17 year old and a 40 year old, not a 19 year old. But fair play, get your coin girl, we live in a time where people have forgotten what both shame and secrets are
---

These are some really great ideas! Maybe Kate should hire some of us from Tattle!
She could start a charity like The Princes Trust and donate money to causes related to early years?
What is William’s ‘life work’ - is it meant to be Earthshot?
She’s hired one of Jamie Oliver’s ex staff as her new PR/private sec, so hopefully she can guide her to a purpose. Jamie was all about raising awareness but at least had an end goal with the school food campaign, although I personally think he did a shoddy job at it and is a massive prick, so hopefully she that was just him and not her.

I’d say that’s his work, I think he’s done a job good on that and mental health. He’s did documentaries about the climate crisis before Earthshot launched that were on itv and were really good, then went and got the private investment so no one in government can say he’s getting political. His documentaries on mental health using football seem to have been really well received by men and he managed to get the FA Cup to change its name for the final a few years ago, I think the programme had quite a bit about Heads Up in it.

The funny thing is they both have their own interests of early years and climate crisis, but have these common interests of sport and mental health, but never work together on them. I thought Kates idea of running a tennis tournament last year with Roger Federer was a great idea and half the money would go to her charities and half his, but the Queen died so she couldn’t attend.

Last edited:

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
I worked for a high profile charity for a while and we had QE and Phil to visit, the only part of the organisation I had to help with was ensuring the drinks on their rider were right. I seem to recall QE liked that one that tastes like cough medicine, Campari (maybe she had a tickly throat that day) and a stout for Phil. For an 11am visit. I think the Queen Mum liked a gin on her corn flakes no? 🤭

• Wow

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Neither the HRH nor the working royal status does determine how much security you get though.
It determines that you get offices protection and security that you don’t pay for. Andrew has always been about having a free ride.

Peter has exploited his royAl connections for money quite a bit. Zara is quite good at riding so she seems to be the only with putting really any effort into something.
Zara has also got modelling gigs due to her connections. I doubt she would have got them otherwise. I think most of them exploit it to a certain extent.

Multi-21

VIP Member
I may have missed this but who does Virginia say took that infamous photo? Surely they are a key witness