The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lordy. Between this apparent situation and Harry complaining about being cut off, I have to wonder what they do with their inheritances and trust funds. I mean, it's not as if their "salary" from the crown is all they get and they're destitute when it stops as the job they do to earn it ceases.

Is the thought process simply that as they are part of the family they are owed ongoing funding, even when their claim to it as working royals ends? I'd love to see that idea justified.
My opinion on that is that they (royals generally) deserve security funding, and it’s not their fault they’re born into a prominent royal family and have famous recognisable faces and are in danger from crazies. That’s why I have sympathy for Harry about getting security funding pulled. I would even have no issue with Andrew getting security funding for that reason, even though he’s scum.

Beyond that? Nah, people. Want money? Get a bleeping job. Oh it doesn’t pay enough? Cry me a river. They have no idea what amounts people manage to live on every day.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My opinion on that is that they (royals generally) deserve security funding, and it’s not their fault they’re born into a prominent royal family and have famous recognisable faces. That’s why I have sympathy for Harry about getting security funding pulled. I would even have no issue with Andrew getting security funding for that reason, even though he’s scum.

Beyond that? Nah, people. Want money? Get a bleeping job. Oh it doesn’t pay enough? Cry me a river. They have no idea what amounts people manage to live on every day.
I agree although question whether their security should be paid for if they have the means themselves. Both of these have such a shocking air of entitlement and yet obviously despise the normal people like us who fund their very lifestyle they demand. Why us it always the ones who do very little for the public who moan and want more? I've not heard Princess Anne moaning despite being everywhere and opening something every day

Reactions: 6
I agree although question whether their security should be paid for if they have the means themselves. Both of these have such a shocking air of entitlement and yet obviously despise the normal people like us who fund their very lifestyle they demand. Why us it always the ones who do very little for the public who moan and want more? I've not heard Princess Anne moaning despite being everywhere and opening something every day
haha she definitely does not do stuff every day, she’s just very good at looking like she does.

I get what you’re saying about having the means to pay for security themselves, but they didn’t choose to be royals, and if Britain wants a monarchy they’ve gotta pony up for costs like that, especially with the obsessive tabloids and the stuff they’re allowed to get away with. No one chooses to be famous from birth. It’s probably the only perk I’m really firm on them deserving. And maybe one house or apartment each - if they want more than that they can spend their own bloody money 😂

Reactions: 9
haha she definitely does not do stuff every day, she’s just very good at looking like she does.

I get what you’re saying about having the means to pay for security themselves, but they didn’t choose to be royals, and if Britain wants a monarchy they’ve gotta pony up for costs like that, especially with the obsessive tabloids and the stuff they’re allowed to get away with. No one chooses to be famous from birth. It’s probably the only perk I’m really firm on them deserving. And maybe one house or apartment each - if they want more than that they can spend their own bloody money 😂
Security can be justified if the spend is likely to be less than a possible ransom, so the cost/benefit analysis stacks up.

But the claims that they're being victimised for no longer receiving money that appears to be tied to being a working royal is just absurd to me. If we think of it as a job, Andrew was fired for sexual misconduct, and Harry quit. Imagine turning to your employer and telling them that you think it's really rather unfair that they stopped paying you just because you don't have the job anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I really feel sorry for Prince Louis. Its been shown over the centuries that the second born son usually turns out to be an obnoxious and sometimes traitorous turd. He'll be watched like a hawk and god help him if he comes home with an American girlfriend 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Security can be justified if the spend is likely to be less than a possible ransom, so the cost/benefit analysis stacks up.

But the claims that they're being victimised for no longer receiving money that appears to be tied to being a working royal is just absurd to me. If we think of it as a job, Andrew was fired for sexual misconduct, and Harry quit. Imagine turning to your employer and telling them that you think it's really rather unfair that they stopped paying you just because you don't have the job anymore.
yeah, his complaints about being cut off don’t fly with me, they’re what make him sound really out of touch. I’m on his side with the tabloid crap, but not with the money complaints. He married a millionaire ffs!
It was tit of Charles to cut off his security with no notice, but not getting other funding is something Harry should’ve seen coming.

And it consistently makes me laugh to see Andrew whinge about possibly leaving Royal Lodge or getting cut off. If he’s spent all his money then he’s tit out of luck. He’s should be grateful he still has any housing at all, let alone a mansion. There are people in my country right now with absolutely nothing. He has no idea about the real world. I would love to see him cope in somewhere wee like Nottingham Cottage without a cleaning staff 😂 Imagine him cleaning his own toilet and arranging his own teddies on his bed!!

Last edited:
I'm surprised so many mail commentators are saying it's no one's business if Fergies daughters bought her flat. Like you're on the mail isn't chatting about gossip and house prices the point of the site?

Screenshot_20230219_085801_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20230219_085819_Brave.jpg

yeah, his complaints about being cut off don’t fly with me, they’re what make him sound really out of touch. I’m on his side with the tabloid crap, but not with the money complaints. He married a millionaire ffs!
It was tit of Charles to cut off his security with no notice, but not getting other funding is something Harry should’ve seen coming.

And it consistently makes me laugh to see Andrew whinge about possibly leaving Royal Lodge or getting cut off. If he’s spent all his money then he’s tit out of luck. He’s should be grateful he still has any housing at all, let alone a mansion. There are people in my country right now with absolutely nothing. He has no idea about the real world. I would love to see him cope in somewhere wee like Nottingham Cottage without a cleaning staff 😂 Imagine him cleaning his own toilet and arranging his own teddies on his bed!!
It wasn't Charles that cut off his security. There's a committee within the met police that decide on who gets security.
It's a tricky argument. They didn't choose the position they were born into but then Harry and Meghan have gone down the road of being celebrities which requires security anyway. They're also living abroad which adds another layer of complexity to the argument - if they're given IPP status then other countries have to stump up for their security while they're there and really why should the US have to fund Harry and Meghan's security long term?

Reactions: 11
I'm so impressed with this initiative:

Princess Anne has been touring New Zealand this past week and has been keeping a relatively low profile as much of the attention has been on the cyclone damage. I did see snippets of her and her husband though, and she honestly seems like such a nice lady. She is a huge asset to the Royal Family but given her age I don't think it's fair of them to rely so much on her for the long-haul visits.

------

Princess Victoria of Sweden (and husband Daniel) are also visiting here (NZ) at the moment:

------

The current royal visits have received mention in the paper on the news, but they've largely been buried as the news focuses on the relief efforts following the cyclone. Thousands of people are still unaccounted for, the death toll is rising, and the clean-up work seems never-ending. Some communities are still without power and cut off (due to roads being damaged).
I think Anne likes to do it, her and Charles seem like competitive workaholics that thrive off who gets to be the hardest working royal at the end of the year. I can imagine them asking if an extra meeting can be slotted in here or one last hand shake before they fly home just to add an extra couple of numbers to their engagement list.

Reactions: 3

James upsetting people again, he seems to have a knack for it.

While it's his business what he does at home/with his home he does come across as selfish and cosetted to a dodgy degree.

Reactions: 4
What do the princesses do for work? Doesn't one work in Art?
I think they've both played at having jobs but didn't really. Not many jobs give people 12 weeks off a year, which they both seem to take. Now they've got kids they might not work at all, not sure.

Reactions: 3
Andrew comes across as such an entitled twit in that mail article! Poor Andrew has 40 rooms, a swimming pool and 98 acres to maintain and Charles wants to cut his income just because he doesn't do any work anymore. The injustice!

Andrew comes across as such an entitled twit in that mail article! Poor Andrew has 40 rooms, a swimming pool and 98 acres to maintain and Charles wants to cut his income just because he doesn't do any work anymore. The injustice!
Wouldn't you absolutely just love to hear his justification for it?? Just for a good laugh. He doesn't know he's alive!!

Reactions: 2
I think they've both played at having jobs but didn't really. Not many jobs give people 12 weeks off a year, which they both seem to take. Now they've got kids they might not work at all, not sure.
I think for the kudos of having their name and titles on the headed paper and an office door, their terms and conditions are somewhat enhanced.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

While it's his business what he does at home/with his home he does come across as selfish and cosetted to a dodgy degree.
I’m glad you said this. I’ve had an uneasy feeling about James & his motives for a while now. I don’t think all is as in seems there unfortunately. I see Kate having to deal with a lot of embarrassment from those quarters in future 😒

I’m glad you said this. I’ve had an uneasy feeling about James & his motives for a while now. I don’t think all is as in seems there unfortunately. I see Kate having to deal with a lot of embarrassment from those quarters in future 😒
I always think in situations like that they clearly have learnt it from somewhere and they gave people around them who act the same...

Reactions: 1
Has enough time passed for anyone to have an opinion on how well the King is doing as a Monarch?

If so are you pleasantly surprised or disappointed?
Disappointed, very little streamlining or modernising seems to have happened so far. But I'm hoping it's all going on behind the scenes and more will happen this year
---

No I think the neighbour is out of order. Its classic nimbyism. Its a farm in the middle of the country, or course there will be machinery and noise. Also there is plenty of land around, just mind your own business.

Reactions: 8
Has enough time passed for anyone to have an opinion on how well the King is doing as a Monarch?

If so are you pleasantly surprised or disappointed?
I’ve not seen much, but on what I have seen he seems much more confident and “happy in his own skin”. I would assume a lot of energy and thought I’d going into the coronation just now and we’ll see more later

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know why Charles would be making decisions on water rights. It came up in conversation a while ago, but I didn't want to show my ignorance by commenting. 😁

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.