The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Take a day off. He was joking and his visit went down very well.
Take a day off from light comments about the royals? Uh, this isn’t a rave thread. He’s set a low bar for humour and continues to meet it, well done him. 😂 I think his joke was nasty and this is exactly the thread to mention it in. I’m sure if Harry had said it there’d be twenty pages of furious rage.

The rest of my day isn’t a day off, it involves cyclone cleanup. Wonder if I’ll be seeing Anne pitch in, since she’s here.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I dunno, someone going to the effort of making you cupcakes and you saying they weren’t very good is a pretty poor joke. But I guess William doesn’t realise that there’s more to humour than punching down.
He's an ass just like his brother imo - he's got a history of rudeness and nastiness to people pawned off as humor. I would be hurt!

Reactions: 10
3072886C-CFCD-464C-8199-A3A88EE617B6.jpeg

Doesn’t he look like his father in this still from the article? I’ve never seen the likeness before but here it’s uncanny.

Reactions: 6
This is brutal.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11756953/South-Park-aims-Meghan-Harry-cartoon-Canadian-prince-princess-yell-want-privacy.html

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
He's an ass just like his brother imo - he's got a history of rudeness and nastiness to people pawned off as humor. I would be hurt!
View attachment 1963625
Doesn’t he look like his father in this still from the article? I’ve never seen the likeness before but here it’s uncanny.
When he was younger he looked like his Mum and even seemed to have some of her mannerisms. He has gradually morphed into a Windsor through and through

Reactions: 2
I didn't watch south park for years, but Matt and trey really are excellent. No wonder they're known as some of the best satirists of our time. The level of research and detail they go to is something else.

Screenshot_20230216_104232_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Oof. I feel like they'll be best to at least pretend to see the funny side. While crude, South Park's satire is commonly pretty on point, and responding negatively rarely impacts badly on the show.

Well they are constantly banging on about privacy and being allowed to lead the lives they want and then they are desperate to be seen/heard

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Oof. I feel like they'll be best to at least pretend to see the funny side. While crude, South Park's satire is commonly pretty on point, and responding negatively rarely impacts badly on the show.
Definitely. But they aren’t surrounded by the wisest of people to say the least. They’ll probably want to sue 😖

By god, that book was a mistake.

Reactions: 7
I feel like they'll be best to at least pretend to see the funny side.
Quite, but I wouldn't hold out much hope of doing the sensible thing based on everything they've done up until now.
---
I think the funniest bit is when they plaster his house with magazine covers and then peak out of their house at him 😆

Screenshot_20230216_114846_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230216_114906_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Seeing as South Park got away with calling Tom Cruise a fudge-packer, portrayed Kanye as a gay fish, showed Angelina Jolie's lice-infested crotch, and snuck a nuke up Hillary Clinton's snizz, I'd say M&H have got off lightly. Most US celebs have had the South Park treatment.

For a show of its nature, its had surprisingly few lawsuits. If M&H even attempt it, they'll look even more desperate than the show makes them look.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
For a show of its nature, its had surprisingly few lawsuits
It's saltire so it's got laws protecting that and the first amendment. Also in the US for libel it's reversed so Meghan would have to prove she wasn't an "Instagram loving witch wife" for example.

If they were smart they'd laugh it off and say something about it being very imaginative. If they're dumb they'd complain about the media targeting them.

Reactions: 10
It's saltire so it's got laws protecting that and the first amendment. Also in the US for libel it's reversed so Meghan would have to prove she wasn't an "Instagram loving witch wife" for example.

If they were smart they'd laugh it off and say something about it being very imaginative. If they're dumb they'd complain about the media targeting them.
If they were smart they'd say nothing at all

Reactions: 8
If they were smart they'd say nothing at all
Well they definitely shouldn't put out a statement or get one of their mouthpieces to say something, but they will be asked about it somerime and then they should laugh it off.

Reactions: 4
Well they definitely shouldn't put out a statement or get one of their mouthpieces to say something, but they will be asked about it somerime and then they should laugh it off.
The should just say that ‘they know they’ve arrived now’.

Reactions: 2
Definitely. But they aren’t surrounded by the wisest of people to say the least. They’ll probably want to sue 😖

By god, that book was a mistake.
They only sue British media!!!
America has been brutal towards them since the book came out. They really messed up.

Reactions: 7
They only sue British media!!!
America has been brutal towards them since the book came out. They really messed up.
Lots of Americans have a soft spot or at least are fascinated by the BRF. Going after them in a book which appeared to target an American audience was dense beyond belief.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.