The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You forgot Tory government and their cutting of public services. Why don't they admit they wanna go back to good ole' Dickensian times.
We have a big deficit which needs to be cut. If they wanted to really return to Dickensian times the NHS would have been replaced by fully private health insurance, there would be no benefits (even contributory ones) and education would end at primary school. Capital punishment would have been restored too

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
I was doing some reading recently and saw an article that said that over 1000+ SureStart centres in the UK were closed down in recent years. I don't know how true this is but if someone British can verify, that would be great.

Anyway, that was surprising to me as I've always seen the UK as a country with a very robust social services network and it was also confusing because then it makes Kate's project all the more mystifying. Why promote the importance of the early years when the actual places that do the work are simultaneously disappearing? It feels like this idea was cooked up a long time ago in a pre-Brexit, pre-pandemic and pre-COL crisis world, basically a world where the resources and funding were actually in place and everything's changed since then but the Palace hasn't bothered to adapt the idea to suit.

It must feel especially galling to parents out there when a woman who has 3 healthy and presumably non-neurodivergent children, several mansions and palaces at her disposal, unimaginable wealth, a Norland nanny, a very PT and flexible job and all the connections, support and networks a person can ever need talk about things that the average parent who is already struggling can only dream of. To a parent of a SEN or neurodivergent child who still can't access the right social services, or a parent who is deciding between heating or food or one who can only afford a small flat with no green space and all that fresh country air, this doesn't really do much of anything for them and feels rather preachy and hypocritical. I know that's not Kate's intention but I feel like none of this was properly thought out.

But she did look great in that red powersuit, so that's something I guess.
Yes, the last Labour government set them up precisely to invest in future generations and the Tories closed a large number of them under the pretext of financial prudence. Happy to piss away public funds on themselves and their mates though.

Would love it if Kate went rogue and demanded money gets invested again but I can't see it happening.

Reactions: 14
Sooo, back to the coronation.
In the spirit of the new slimline, cost cutting monarchy 🙄 King Chuck will be setting an example to the nation by treating himself and Horseface to new thrones. And before the resident royal expert comes on to say that there is always a new throne for a coronation - yes, I know.
But there’s an appalling cost of living crisis. 4 million children living in poverty. Are new thrones really necessary. If he’s that keen on saving the planet how about upcycling a couple of old thrones?

And the DCMS ( or at least an employee who’d been in the pub ) have come up with a ‘coronation playlist’.
I mean, wtf?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Yes, the last Labour government set them up precisely to invest in future generations and the Tories closed a large number of them under the pretext of financial prudence. Happy to piss away public funds on themselves and their mates though.

Would love it if Kate went rogue and demanded money gets invested again but I can't see it happening.
tbf if she did start talking about opening up something like surestart centres again, i would understand the project more but i don't think harry kane posting his baby pictures on insta is all that impressive

Reactions: 8
In the spirit of the new slimline, cost cutting monarchy 🙄 King Chuck will be setting an example to the nation by treating himself and Horseface to new thrones. And before the resident royal expert comes on to say that there is always a new throne for a coronation - yes, I know.
But there’s an appalling cost of living crisis. 4 million children living in poverty. Are new thrones really necessary. If he’s that keen on saving the planet how about upcycling a couple of old thrones?

And the DCMS ( or at least an employee who’d been in the pub ) have come up with a ‘coronation playlist’.
I mean, wtf?
Ah that would be a cracking episode of The Repair Shop :D
It could start like Antiques Roadshow with Charles driving up to the barn with a couple of thrones in the Aston Martin. Jay could probe a bit for the family history and then Will and Sonnaz can work their magic.
You can have that for free Charles and the BBC ;)

Speaking of which, does any one watch Great British Menu and like me find it amusing that we have the first Coronation for 70 years yet the final big banquet is to celebrate Paddington’s 65th birthday. I like to think of it as Queenie’s revenge :cool:

Reactions: 6
Ah that would be a cracking episode of The Repair Shop :D
It could start like Antiques Roadshow with Charles driving up to the barn with a couple of thrones in the Aston Martin. Jay could probe a bit for the family history and then Will and Sonnaz can work their magic.
You can have that for free Charles and the BBC ;)

Speaking of which, does any one watch Great British Menu and like me find it amusing that we have the first Coronation for 70 years yet the final big banquet is to celebrate Paddington’s 65th birthday. I like to think of it as Queenie’s revenge :cool:
Too late. King Charles has already done The Repair Shop. It was shown on telly a few months ago.

Reactions: 1

I mean, wtf?
This would be a great opportunity to tie in the cost of getting new thrones (or refurbishing old ones) with a matching or higher donation to one of their causes. Ie; Kate announces her early childhood thingy, the crown donates x amount to something related to that, like refurbishing playgrounds or the like.

But anyway, apparently our cost of living crisis is solely due to Putin, so as soon as we get rid of him we're good to go ;) So let Chuck have his new thrones!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Not a popular opinion but I want to see all the pomp and procession the Coronation brings. This kind of event is what we do best. In 1952 when the country was still being rationed the event was spectacular.

Reactions: 25
We have a big deficit which needs to be cut. If they wanted to really return to Dickensian times the NHS would have been replaced by fully private health insurance, there would be no benefits (even contributory ones) and education would end at primary school. Capital punishment would have been restored too
Bet you'd love it eh?
---

Always room for another ;)
He could be a regular

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Not a popular opinion but I want to see all the pomp and procession the Coronation brings. This kind of event is what we do best. In 1952 when the country was still being rationed the event was spectacular.
I do too. Hoping thr sun is out. London looking glorious. Military processions galore. Jewels. Frocks. Coaches. I want it all. 😂

Reactions: 19
I just saw a photo of Prince Edward at the Radio Times cover party. I did not recognise him at first. He has lost a lot of weight. I hope he is not ill.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I just saw a photo of Prince Edward at the Radio Times cover party. I did not recognise him at first. He has lost a lot of weight. I hope he is not ill.
Yes I have noticed since HM's funeral he is looking quite gaunt. I wondered if it was the stress of not becoming Duke of Edinburgh. I notice Sophie looks happy enough so I've concluded he must be ok health wise but it is a bit odd. He's never been this thin before.

Reactions: 4
I do too. Hoping thr sun is out. London looking glorious. Military processions galore. Jewels. Frocks. Coaches. I want it all. 😂
Me too. I love certain aspects of TRF and they are what makes us standout on the world stage so do it properly.

Reactions: 1
What do you think about what Lady C has been saying about Harry and Megs getting their comeuppance this year? I have looked on Lady C's You Tube and got what Lady C has been saying - "on more than one occasion.....what goes around comes around, and if you prod the bear long enough it will swipe at you and remove your mask and you will be revealed in all your ingloriousness for what you truly are..... you don't have that long to wait, a few months, there's a lot in the pipeline....... people are going to get their just desserts.... they're going to discover that attack was not the best form of defence, sometimes coming clean is a far better policy."
People are always talking about M and H and Lady C and I just let it drift over my head but I keep thinking about this. I think whoever it was I was listening to thought it was Meghan and the bear could be her father but they were also pondering about Jessica Mulroney but it is someone she/they would never believe would do this.
It sounds like someone knows something that is going to happen in the next few months to expose H or M or both. Someone who works for a newspaper and knows what they are holding on to for the moment?

Lady C's only going to get anything that's been through a million people.

I remember her extreme cleaners episode, the state of that bleeping castle she lives in...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.